Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
but if your buying a house you need somewhere to shop right?
I don't trust the idea of fresh fruit off Ebay lol.
Having a low cost of living helps shoppers
Gotta eat.
People buy fresh fruit on eBay? If you want fresh fruit delivered to your house, use Peapod.

Peapod — Delivers quality food in a snap!

I don't mean to sound crass, but who really cares what the malls are like in the burbs of Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, Kansas City, etc? They are malls, all primarily consisting of the same 50 stores with maybe a Rainforest Cafe thrown in to appeal to people from places like Terre Haute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2012, 07:44 AM

45 posts, read 69,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
People buy fresh fruit on eBay? If you want fresh fruit delivered to your house, use Peapod.

I don't mean to sound crass, but who really cares what the malls are like in the burbs of Atlanta, Indianapolis, Nashville, Kansas City, etc? They are malls, all primarily consisting of the same 50 stores with maybe a Rainforest Cafe thrown in to appeal to people from places like Terre Haute.
I ate at a Rainforest Cafe once. Might have been the worst food I've ever had!

The only thing I wish we had in Indy shopping-wise is another Apple store, preferably located on the south side or at Circle Center. If only to give the one up here a break. That place is a nuthouse from open to close and I can't stand going in there anymore.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM

3,892 posts, read 5,513,903 times
Quote:

lol what does Ebay NOT sell lol
Thomas if the other one is crowded all the time then write a letter to Apple cause it would make business sense to open another one and i'm sure Simon wouldn't mind an Apple Store in Circle Centre.

Old 02-17-2012, 08:05 AM

6,342 posts, read 11,089,409 times
Quote:

Yeah, I'm not into the shopping mall thing. I was intrigued by it when the first shopping mall came to the Hartford area in the early 1970's while I was still a kid but by the time I graduated high school I was over it.

Downtown Noblesville is pretty cool and has potential. The last time I was there they were holding a hot rod car show of some sort and there were people walking all around downtown looking at the cars parked in the parking spaces and also utilizing the local stores and restaurants that were open on that late Saturday afternoon.

When I do have to go out and shop, I prefer an old fashioned downtown district with mom and pop stores and restaurants, not chains. Downtown Brattleboro, Vermont is an excellent example of what other small city downtowns can become. Noblesville could have a downtown like that in a few years if they try to attract more small businesses and I suspect also places like Muncie and Anderson could if they overcome the stigma that each city is dying.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:25 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
I think the overall point has been missed. Kansas City in terms of shopping is more similar to the "major" cities than Indianapolis is.

Another thing, the Kansas City forum doesn't seem go quite as heavy on the self-pandering as the Indianapolis forum does. That might be impossible as well.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:46 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
I think the overall point has been missed. Kansas City in terms of shopping is more similar to the "major" cities than Indianapolis is.
KC and Indy have the same types of stores. Even Saks.

Quote:
Another thing, the Kansas City forum doesn't seem go quite as heavy on the self-pandering as the Indianapolis forum does. That might be impossible as well.
My guess is that KC doesn't bring out near the trolls (such as yourself) that Indy does. That said, you should meet the poster KCMO.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,933 times
I detect a hint of resentment in RonnieJones towards Indy. There's really not much wrong with Indy and the city has come a long way in the past couple of decades. In terms of shopping Indy offers more than enough for me. Heck, I get worn out going to the Fashion Mall and also to Castleton. If you can't find something at those two malls, then it probably doesn't exist. My wife bought me a Canada Goose parka this winter and it's the warmest thing I have ever worn.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:42 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,755,076 times
There is no Guess? store in Indianapolis lol

Old 02-17-2012, 04:53 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,933 times
Quote:
No but I found the Goose and that is a rarity.

Old 02-17-2012, 04:58 PM

8,980 posts, read 17,290,716 times
Quote:
There is not a Pitaya in Kansas City. LMFAO!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis