Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:21 AM

100 posts, read 170,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy B. View Post
I would steer clear of that area too....we are renting about five miles from there near
56th Street and Post. I pray every day we will get out safely by the end of the month. Not that it is that bad because you have crime everywhere but every time I hear of something bad, it is near that area and we are about 20 blocks from there.
I am thinking of renting in Lawrence at 56th Street and Lee Road. Should I not do this and go to Fishers instead? (I realize that I am inheriting I-69 traffic problems in Fishers.)

I would appreciate comments on the following location also:

Cedar Ridge Apartments (38th and German Church Road).

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

8,982 posts, read 17,305,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indylife View Post
I am thinking of renting in Lawrence at 56th Street and Lee Road. Should I not do this and go to Fishers instead? (I realize that I am inheriting I-69 traffic problems in Fishers.)

I would appreciate comments on the following location also:

Cedar Ridge Apartments (38th and German Church Road).

Thanks.
Before people come in here and jump all over East 38th (which is justified for the most part), I will say that 38th and German Church is not that bad. I have a friend at work who has lived in that area for 10 years, and the worst that has happened to him was his car got broke into once. Of course, you start heading further into Indy on 38th and it goes downhill in a hurry.

56th and Lee is not a bad area per se, but I am not sure about the apartments in that area. The apartments along 56th in Lawrence can be hit or miss.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 AM

891 posts, read 2,451,821 times
38th and german Church isn't horrible now, but I would suspect it getting worse a a pretty fast rate over the next couple of years - just my guess.

56th and Lee road - is that Harrison Place apt?? - those look pretty nice - the area right along there is OK - although close to bad areas.

If I were considering these two places., I would take the 56th and lee road for a temporary situation

Old 08-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
38th and german Church isn't horrible now, but I would suspect it getting worse a a pretty fast rate over the next couple of years - just my guess.

56th and Lee road - is that Harrison Place apt?? - those look pretty nice - the area right along there is OK - although close to bad areas.

If I were considering these two places., I would take the 56th and lee road for a temporary situation
Thanks for the replies on this thread and the other threads. I have pretty much ruled out 38th and german Church.

It is Harrison Place apt on 56th and Lee road. It is the "close to bad areas" that concerns me. And it is not a temporary situation -- I hope to be there for several years.

It is boiling down to between Harrison Place apt and Sunblest in Fishers. Domergirl's "root canal without novocaine" is the concern about Sunblest.

Old 08-25-2008, 03:13 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,748,087 times
I don't know, traffic in and around Indy never bothered me. Did you check out the places south of 116th on Lantern Road?

I vote for Sunblest. You'll be right in the middle of shopping, the train station (if it ever turns commuter) and parks. You could actually walk to places!

Old 08-26-2008, 06:01 AM

891 posts, read 2,451,821 times
I would go with Sunblest (although I don't know anything about that particular apartment complex (always get Sun Lakes and Sunblest confused) - but I just think in the long run you'll be much happier living in Fishers. Although the commute will be longer.

I see that you will be working at 21st and Post or somewhere near there. If I were you I would also look into the Grand Reserve at Geist. it is in a purely residential area - but I think it would be a easier commute than Fishers and the area is very, very nice. The aprtment complex (which I did check out is pretty nice - as nice IMO as Sunblest or Sun lake

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...-at-Geist.html

Old 08-30-2008, 05:48 AM

Grand Reserve at Geist it is.

Earlier, I had dismissed Grand Reserve as being too expensive. However, I was not wholly comfortable with my top choice of Harrison Place either. After seeing BU191433's post above, I made the trek to Lawrence the same day, checked out the place, and decided to rent there, more or less on a gut feeling.

Thanks for all your help.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:30 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,748,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indylife View Post
Grand Reserve at Geist it is.

Earlier, I had dismissed Grand Reserve as being too expensive. However, I was not wholly comfortable with my top choice of Harrison Place either. After seeing BU191433's post above, I made the trek to Lawrence the same day, checked out the place, and decided to rent there, more or less on a gut feeling.

Thanks for all your help.
Good for you! Seems that you truly made an informed decision and glad we could be of "soivice".

Old 08-30-2008, 07:41 AM

Thanks.

Now to the more important things.

Curley: "Vernacular? That's a doiby."

Is he "doiby" a reference to "derby"?

Old 09-07-2008, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,336 times
Honest truth, 42nd and Post Road area has some of the highest crime in the city, alot of homicides take place around there, alot of drug dealing and violent crime, gang problems, etc. etc. However most of that crime takes place in the apartments around the area, not as much as the houses. I was born and raised in HaughVille and even I don't even like to go out there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis