Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 05:27 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Why would someone visiting a new city for just one weekend want to spend time in a shopping mall?

Downtown has the canal walk and White River state Park.
Downtown is very walkable and has many options for eating and drinking.

Where is the concert? Why stay so far from town?
OP did not offer much information other than the hotel location, which is Northwest.

OP did not state what kind of activities he or she was interested in.

If OP had even a mild interest in sports I would have suggested a visit to IMS and museum and a ride around the track. Also depending on the visit catching a Colts game could have been an option.

If the concert is at Klipsch I would have suggested restaurants, shopping and activities in Hamilton county. There are great parks and walking trails not far from Klipsch.

But the OP didn't provide many clues.

And many people who come to Indy area for a weekend do enjoy shopping at stores not available where they live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 AM

52 posts, read 74,866 times
The concert is at the Egyptian Room? There was no real rhyme or reason... our hotel was affordable and had great reviews. A little more in my pocket will allow for some more money to spend on restaurants or sights too

I am loving the feedback.. grateful for it as well! This is always where I turn when I take a weekend trip or vacation and I have not yet been steered wrong! You guys are great!

Old 08-30-2014, 01:24 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,857,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razacla View Post
The concert is at the Egyptian Room? There was no real rhyme or reason... our hotel was affordable and had great reviews. A little more in my pocket will allow for some more money to spend on restaurants or sights too

I am loving the feedback.. grateful for it as well! This is always where I turn when I take a weekend trip or vacation and I have not yet been steered wrong! You guys are great!
Murat is close to MacNivens, a Scottish restaurant and bar. I highly recommend MacNivens as a great place to eat before the concert.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:53 AM

143 posts, read 237,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
Murat is close to MacNivens, a Scottish restaurant and bar. I highly recommend MacNivens as a great place to eat before the concert.
Yeah McNivens is pretty cool.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:26 PM

52 posts, read 74,866 times
We enjoy good food and brewpubs for sure. We were in Indy one other time and managed to take in the zoo, the mall and Easley winery. We're 30-something's who like to take in a much as we can and experience as much as we can!

Old 09-11-2014, 04:13 PM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razacla View Post
We enjoy good food and brewpubs for sure. We were in Indy one other time and managed to take in the zoo, the mall and Easley winery. We're 30-something's who like to take in a much as we can and experience as much as we can!
I'd go to the Speedway and take in the Indy 500 museum, just because that is unique to the city. Downtown, you have to see Monument Circle and the War Memorial if you haven't already. There is a Civil War museum inside the monument, if you are a history buff. The other museum that is somewhat unique is the Eiteljorg museum of the American Indian.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 AM

76 posts, read 144,191 times
And definitely don't forget to take in the Indianapolis Museum of Art. It has to be one of the best art museums that doesn't charge an entrance fee. However parking is $5.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:07 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayloure View Post
And definitely don't forget to take in the Indianapolis Museum of Art. It has to be one of the best art museums that doesn't charge an entrance fee. However parking is $5.
Parking is free if you park out by the greenhouse or any other outlots. It's a longer walk to the museum itself but there is still plenty to see through the gardens around the Lilly house. However, these lots get jammed on weekends when the weather is nice. Then I find it's easier to just pay the $5.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:07 PM

67 posts, read 109,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Why would someone visiting a new city for just one weekend want to spend time in a shopping mall?

Downtown has the canal walk and White River state Park.
Downtown is very walkable and has many options for eating and drinking.

Where is the concert? Why stay so far from town?
This made me laugh, my idiot brother in law can't go to any town without visiting a Lowe's.
Dork.

Old 09-18-2014, 12:34 PM

6,473 posts, read 6,679,753 times
Also check out The Rathskellar. They often have fun music out in their Biergarten. If you're really lucky you'll catch Polkaboy playing there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis