Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2015, 08:24 AM

18 posts, read 32,320 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions on small towns north of Indy. Preferably less than 45 minutes to the Fashion Square Mall area as that's where I'll be working (I won't be traveling in rush hour, if that makes a difference).

I'm looking for a small school, high school less than 600 kids. I'd really like a K-12 in the same building, 1A type of school.

I'm looking into Sheridan and Yorktown, those both seem like good options. Any others you can think of?

Thanks in advance for all your advice!!

Last edited by momwifenp; 01-26-2015 at 09:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 AM

My main concern is the school size. I want a small school. I don't believe Kokomo has a 1A, or even 2A high school.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:38 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,530,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momwifenp View Post
My main concern is the school size. I want a small school. I don't believe Kokomo has a 1A, or even 2A high school.
There are smaller schools adjacent to Kokomo -- Taylor, Northwestern and Western School Corp (Russiaville). For my money, though, I would consider Cicero and the Hamilton Heights school district. Small, but with excellent facilities.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:10 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,265,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
There are smaller schools adjacent to Kokomo -- Taylor, Northwestern and Western School Corp (Russiaville). For my money, though, I would consider Cicero and the Hamilton Heights school district. Small, but with excellent facilities.
Hamilton Heights is a good school district. My cousin and his family live in Sheridan and love it though I'm not sure what school district that is. Tipton is a nice small town though I don't know anything about the schools. I love their courthouse and huge clock tower. I know a guy with a big family that lives in Pendleton as well and absolutely loves it. They come in to Noblesville and Fishers a lot but you couldn't pay him to leave Pendleton as their home.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:05 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Will be researching them!!

Do you think Yorktown would be too far away?

Old 01-26-2015, 07:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,382 times
Yorktown is right at that 45 minute mark. It's a great school district, but I wouldn't consider it small. It's got nearly 800 kids in the high school.

Lapel is a school district that fits your requirements as well. They have a pretty new high school.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:16 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,609,298 times
I hear Daleville is a school thats as good as Yorktown but smaller. Daleville is a small town, right near i69 making it more convenient and about 8 miles closer to Indy than Yorktown, and also convenient to Anderson and Muncie.

Honestly, I can see Daleville growing into a bedroom community to Indianapolis. It' s a small town that doesnt get much attention but I think its one of the most overlooked but coveniently located small towns in Central Indiana. If i was going to invest in property in Central Indiana, Daleville would be near the top of my list. Indianapolis is heading out that way and its only a matter of time until the edge of Indy reaches Daleville. There's even talk of creating a large reservoir out that way, near Mounds State Park. If that actually happens, Daleville could turn into a tourist destination. Its cheap now, but if it catches on the way i think it will, Daleville could turn into a town of maybe 15 to 25 or 30,000 in the next 20 to 30 years or so. I guess that would include both Daleville and Chesterfield. They bump up against one another. Daleville is in Delaware County and Chesterfield is in Madison County.

I'd definitely check out Daleville as a place to live. I think it has a promising future.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 01-26-2015 at 08:33 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 04:20 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions! Daleville, Lapel, and Hamilton Heights districts all seem exactly what we're looking for and we can't wait to come out and explore the areas.

Thanks again everyone!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis