Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 08:06 AM

890 posts, read 883,331 times

Advertisements

27 arrested at large pot party | Fox 59

"INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (January 2, 2016)—More than two dozen juveniles and adults were arrested early Saturday at a large pot party on the city’s northwest side.
Shortly after 12:30 a.m. Police were called to the Red Roof Inn in the 9500 block of Valparaiso Court. That scene is near West 96[SIZE=2]th[/SIZE] Street and Michigan Road.
The original call to police reported a suspicious smell of marijuana.. When police arrived, they found a large party underway in one of the rooms.
Eleven juveniles ranging in age from 15 to 17 years old, were arrested. Another 16 adults ranging in age from 18 to 26 years old, were also taken into custody.
Several police wagons were needed to transport those arrested to police headquarters.
The drug related charges include; Visiting a common nuisance, possession of marijuana, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and maintaining a common nuisance."

Report of a suspicious smell? 27 people arrested for smoking weed in a non-smoking motel. Talk about the world's dumbest criminals? Any concept of discretion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 10:13 AM

918 posts, read 1,697,861 times
Yeah it's dumb. Have a house party instead.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:47 AM

23 posts, read 26,354 times
I wouldn't call them criminals. They shouldn't have been smoking weed where they were but honestly they weren't doing anything bad.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 PM

890 posts, read 883,331 times
If they weren't criminals before, some of them are now.
27 people?
Many juveniles?
Smoking even tobacco in a non-smoking motel will draw management attention.
Look, if they want to smoke weed they need to learn to be discreet. Or pay the price.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
If they weren't criminals before, some of them are now.
27 people?
Many juveniles?
Smoking even tobacco in a non-smoking motel will draw management attention.
Look, if they want to smoke weed they need to learn to be discreet. Or pay the price.
Ya although I doubt it'd make the news

"27 tobacco smokers defy the hotel policy. More news at 11"

Old 01-05-2016, 02:36 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,606,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W & C View Post
Ya although I doubt it'd make the news

"27 tobacco smokers defy the hotel policy. More news at 11"
Funny thing is, the tobacco smokers would make hotel management much angrier because that smell is very difficult to get rid of. The odor left behind from weed smoke is really easy to get rid of. At the hotel I worked at, we normally didn't even have to charge marijuana smokers a fee because the smell would be gone after a standard room cleaning. If this party had had under 10 people, they probably wouldn't have gotten in any trouble whatsoever.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
Funny thing is, the tobacco smokers would make hotel management much angrier because that smell is very difficult to get rid of. The odor left behind from weed smoke is really easy to get rid of. At the hotel I worked at, we normally didn't even have to charge marijuana smokers a fee because the smell would be gone after a standard room cleaning. If this party had had under 10 people, they probably wouldn't have gotten in any trouble whatsoever.
Ya, absolutely.

As a landlord, I could care less about pot. Tobacco lingers way longer.

But I'm sure other hotel guests may not appreciate either kind of smoke while it's going on, particularly when you have nearly 30 people engaging in it.

Old 01-06-2016, 11:40 AM

23 posts, read 26,354 times
Yeah, they're criminals now but its not necessary that they be. Also you just repeated what I said, it was dumb for them to do it where they were in the first place. Either way, there are more important legit criminal matters that actually make our city unsafe. Teens smoking pot? so what.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:48 AM

35 posts, read 76,245 times
I was a victim of a felony recently and the police barely cared enough to send an officer over to get a statement, but they have the manpower to break up pot parties. Plus the murder rate per capita in Indy is higher than Chicago.

Old 01-10-2016, 09:55 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,387,014 times
People in their 20s partying it up with teenyboppers. What a bunch of losers.

27 people having a party in a motel room at 12:30am.... Expect a visit from the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis