Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 01:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,043 times

Advertisements

This has probably been asked on here before, but I would like to know the pros and cons of living in Westfield and Fishers from people with young children through high school age. We are looking to move to one of these areas this summer and I am researching home cost, schools, activities to do with children and such. I have family in the area and have been to both cities plenty of times, but have only paid attention to them as a visitor and not a future resident. We will be renting for a year or two until we buy a home, so if we do not like an area we are free to move to another if necessary, although we have moved quite a lot in the past and would like to settle down in one school district. Any advice would be most welcome! Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 06:27 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,090,600 times
Westfield population is less than half that of fishers. both have pretty good value for $$ house wise. depending on where you will be working could have some impact of your commute. the fishers side is known for having heavier traffic. When I was researching homes on the internet Westfield was my first choice but when I got out here and physically started looking at houses I found the area not very appealing . There is a lot of new development with houses crammed together, very little mature trees, and strip mall style development. felt very "plastic" if you know what I mean. I preferred the Geist area of fishers as well as Noblesville. Noblesville however was too far of a commute for my wifes work which was the south side of Indy.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:59 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,284,584 times
It really depends on if you want the smaller town and where you're commuting to. Fishers has a lot more retail, restaurants, and all that directly in town IMO. If you're commuting downtown or to the west side, I think Westfield would be better.

Old 02-14-2016, 05:02 AM

5,977 posts, read 7,373,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
Westfield population is less than half that of fishers. both have pretty good value for $$ house wise. depending on where you will be working could have some impact of your commute. the fishers side is known for having heavier traffic. When I was researching homes on the internet Westfield was my first choice but when I got out here and physically started looking at houses I found the area not very appealing . There is a lot of new development with houses crammed together, very little mature trees, and strip mall style development. felt very "plastic" if you know what I mean. I preferred the Geist area of fishers as well as Noblesville. Noblesville however was too far of a commute for my wifes work which was the south side of Indy.
I think the term is "vinyl village?"

A lot of that in the Greenwood area, too.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis