Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2008, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 7,645 times

Advertisements

need info on beech grove thinking of moving family of three to that area posibly four
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 12:47 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,473,825 times
My idea of Beech Grove is that it is an old tiny town that is within the ring of I465 and most people just think of as part of Indianapolis. Mostly older smaller ranch houses, the rail yard (closed I think), some small businesses.

Legally, it has some separation from Indianapolis but this is not readily understood or really important. Physically it is in the southeastern corner of Marion County inside I 465.

Even if your job is there, you have the whole of Indy and the southeastern suburbs to choose from and you would still be pretty close.

Is there something in Beech Grove that draws you like a job or family?

Old 03-19-2008, 04:50 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,771,717 times
Ah Beech Grove lets see....yep the rail yard...yep right there at I-465....also very heavy on traffic...mainly around where Emerson and I-465 meet and either way of Emerson from 465 for the next 2 miles....Emerson and Thompson (south of I-465) is vehicle collision heaven so please be careful around there....last I heard the Beech Grove PD are *******s on a power trip and will pull you over if they dont like the color of your car....you have the Expo Bowl bowling alley and Great times (haven't been there since 1996) which is an game park of some sorts....last I saw they had a grocery store, Mickey D's, Wendys, Steak N Shake, White Castle, Fazolis.......lots of eating places up and down the main stretch. There's a Wal mart and a Meijers a few miles down the road. Also used to be a guy off 1st st that dealt with mopeds and go karts....used to be called 2 wheels....guy is named Bill and is an ass but he does have some cool stuff in there....otherwise ok. Also forgot they have a nice park there too. Just be careful I hear now they have punks running wild in the streets after dark.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:08 PM

17 posts, read 75,287 times
I live in Beech Grove, have been here for over 2 years now (but an Indy resident and frequenter of the area for much longer). I've always liked it over here, they have good school systems, its smaller. Yes the police can be pricks, but if you're a law abiding citizen that's preferable, they certainly keep it safe. It's close to downtown and Greenwood, I feel like I'm 15 minutes away from everything. They recently redid a nice stretch of Emerson Ave and have really done up the medians with big marble plant holders and tons of flowers, they added some neat light up tower thingies at the front of Main St that say "Beech Grove", its turning into a very nice area.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:20 PM

32 posts, read 89,329 times
If you will be working in Beech Grove, you may want to consider the Greenwood area. Generally nicer, but still on the south side of town.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:29 PM

1,523 posts, read 3,899,735 times
Either that or anything in Franklin Township is generally not too bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis