Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,402,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
If you don’t mind me asking, what color is the dirt in western Kansas and eastern Colorado?
No idea.

Quote:
Don’t get me wrong, but isn’t “Colorado” derived from the color red in Spanish?
Yes.

Quote:
I also would like to know what the natural vegetation and scenery is like in eastern Colorado and western Kansas, so please fill me in on what it’s like there if you wouldn’t mind.
Eastern Colorado vegetation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 06:12 AM

21 posts, read 21,693 times
I have lived in Colorado 25 years..and no eastern Colorado is NOT Red...are you kidding?

brown brown brown...

Old 08-09-2019, 08:50 AM

11 posts, read 13,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
This trend is happening all over the country. Most states are going to have one, maybe two, solid metros with everywhere else having scraps.

I lived in Carmel for nearly three years. It was a terrific place, and a fantastic value for what you get. With that said, Indiana isn't the most exciting place in the world. Being into the outdoors, the opportunities around Indianapolis were very limited.

There's going to be some difficulty in attracting people there. It has a good job market and a low cost of living, but a lot of people would rather be in a state with more natural beauty.
I agree with this, and thought the same initially, but I was also so pleasantly surprised by all the activity we saw in downtown Indy along the canal and White River when we were there with our family from out-of-state a few weeks ago. It was beautiful, interesting, walkable, and clean. There were so many fun options like scooter rides, NCAA museum, and the Indiana State Museum had all these fun things to explore outside. My relatives were also in awe at the Carmel water park! And we also hiked through the trails in Zionsville. We didn't get down to the southern part of the state this visit, but Brown County parks will be a great day trip next time. I was glad to see so many people out and about and enjoying the area and our family left with a fantastic impression of Indiana that they didn't have before. I was so proud of my new state and what it had to offer for a nice vacation! :-)

Old 08-09-2019, 11:40 AM

35,080 posts, read 31,313,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardport1996 View Post
I agree with this, and thought the same initially, but I was also so pleasantly surprised by all the activity we saw in downtown Indy along the canal and White River when we were there with our family from out-of-state a few weeks ago. It was beautiful, interesting, walkable, and clean. There were so many fun options like scooter rides, NCAA museum, and the Indiana State Museum had all these fun things to explore outside. My relatives were also in awe at the Carmel water park! And we also hiked through the trails in Zionsville. We didn't get down to the southern part of the state this visit, but Brown County parks will be a great day trip next time. I was glad to see so many people out and about and enjoying the area and our family left with a fantastic impression of Indiana that they didn't have before. I was so proud of my new state and what it had to offer for a nice vacation! :-)
Carmel and Zionsville are nice because they are extremely affluent places and a good value for what they offer.

I used to live in Carmel, and the water park is excellent (I think Freedom Springs in Greenwood was even better). I didn't grow up in an affluent area like that, and I grew up with totally different topography. I do outdoors things, and central IN just doesn't have a lot to offer in that regard. I think Hamilton County and parts of Boone and maybe even Madison could see a lot more growth in years to come.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 PM

1,449 posts, read 1,149,219 times
Quote:
My relatives were also in awe at the Carmel water park!
Kind of off-topic, but was the water park really crowded? When I look at pictures on-line, it looks like it's sometimes really packed. Maybe avoiding the park on weekends and holidays if we want fewer people...???

Old 08-10-2019, 05:34 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
...maybe even Madison could see a lot more growth in years to come.
Already here in SW Madison. At least 12 custom homes built in the last five years on all the remaining odd lots. Four new housing developments going in now, another pre-development fence is now up on another large parcel just south of I-69 and SR-13. I’ve heard of another going in closer to Pendleton.

Both Hamilton Co. and Madison Co. put down brand new pavement on some most rural E/W county roads. A huge power substation was built just east of Noblesville. Then we have the whole secretive land buy offers for all the land up around Ruoff/Deer Creek. Still never heard specifically what company wanted to buy all that land.

We also have a new semi service center and a healthcare building going in just south of the interstate. I hope that this growth will at least stabilize my house value for the next seven to ten years.

Old 08-10-2019, 05:37 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,079,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmerLernen View Post
Kind of off-topic, but was the water park really crowded? When I look at pictures on-line, it looks like it's sometimes really packed. Maybe avoiding the park on weekends and holidays if we want fewer people...???
Avoiding weekends will always be best for almost any waterpark or other such draw.

Old 08-10-2019, 07:34 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
Quote:
There are similar areas to the west of the city as well.

Try Turkey Run or Shades state parks for some really beautiful camping, hiking and boating opportunities as well. They're as close as Brown County, too.

RM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis