Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 12:37 PM

8 posts, read 22,634 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was wondering what there was to do for free indy,because im thinking about visiting there just for kicks. I know there's the circle center mall. And some downtown places. But could you guys tell me what there is to do and see for free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 03:29 PM

1,099 posts, read 3,736,905 times
try Indianapolis Downtown Inc. or Indianapolis : Home for some great ideas.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:26 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,481,166 times
Walk the Monon Trail, maybe start in Broad Ripple. It runs from 10th to around 126th in Carmel.

Walk the canal from Broad Ripple to Butler University. Beautiful walk and you can do the round trip by walking back thru the neighborhoods. Nice coffee shops in Broad Ripple.

Walk any of the historic neighborhoods if you are interested in housing.

Check out Eagle Creek park.

Traders Point Creamery has a farm and farmers market. Downtown on Wed. has a farmers market at lunch and Broad Ripple has one behind the high school on Satuday mornings.

Watch the dogs at the dog park.

Check out the shoppers at Keystone at the Crossing. It is fun to sit and watch the high flyers shop. Doesnt cost anything.

Check out the new $150 million dollar Central Library and all it has to offer. At about 8 blocks north of the center of Indy.

Old 05-21-2008, 05:27 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,481,166 times
Forgot to mention nuvo, the alternative newspaper has daily activities listed. It comes out on Wed. and is free. Might also have a website.

Old 05-21-2008, 10:47 PM

260 posts, read 1,346,456 times
www.nuvo.net and IndyStar.com great entertainment info

Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 AM

38 posts, read 180,888 times
check out the War Memorial a couple of blocks north of the circle...huge limestone building with large steps---you can't miss it. There's a free museum inside that a lot of people don't know about. And don't forget to go upstairs to the "sanctuary" ....pretty amazing and awe inspiring. It doesn't take long to see it all, great for kids and adults.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:29 PM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
The Indianapolis Museum of Art has a huge collection and it's free as are tours of the Lilly House and grounds next door.

Old 06-16-2008, 05:28 PM

38 posts, read 181,631 times
I'm a local and didn't know about this. Geez. I'm going to visit before I move in August. Thanks for posting this one!

And remember the memorial on the circle is free if you take the stairs up...and $1 if you take the elevator. I think that's still open...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenderna View Post
check out the War Memorial a couple of blocks north of the circle...huge limestone building with large steps---you can't miss it. There's a free museum inside that a lot of people don't know about. And don't forget to go upstairs to the "sanctuary" ....pretty amazing and awe inspiring. It doesn't take long to see it all, great for kids and adults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis