Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 10:34 AM

5 posts, read 28,887 times

Advertisements

I am moving in the next couple of weeks and have been looking at Lakeshore Apartments.

I reviews at apartmentrating.com have not been promising in regards to crime and being a noisy complex. Is there anyone who as lived there or knows someone you lives there that could shed some light on the complex?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 AM

891 posts, read 2,449,461 times
I used to know someone who lived there up until about 9 months ago.

Seems to depend a lot on the luck of the draw as to what your neighbors will be like (which is often the most important thing when picking an apartment) you might get in an area that is a little like a frat-house or you might get lucky and get into a quiet area. It will be pure luck it isn't like you can request one or the other.

Overall it is a decent place - but it does tend to draw a lot of just out of college or college age kids - which in general lends itself to a noisy environment.

So it depends what you are looking for and willing to put up with. Location is great (not sure about the price). personally I would never live there myself - I'd pay a little more to get to River Ridge, River Crossing.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
I would live there; but I am not afraid of my own shadow and don't scare easily.

Also, keep in mind that it is those who are upset that cry the loudest. What I mean, most apartment ratings are going to be skewed in favor of those who are angry and have something to complain about. The best apartment I ever lived in scored something like a 35% approval rating on the apartment rating website. I almost didn't move there because some of the reviews scared me. I moved there anyway and loved it. Just something to think about.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 PM

891 posts, read 2,449,461 times
I agree, I wouldn't put too much stock in the apartment reviews. I mean read them - but don't rely on them. A much better indicator of the type of place you are moving into is the price - like it or not you get what you pay for and if it seems like a certain complex is a great deal moneywise there is a reason that you might not find out about for a couple of months, but you will find out sooner or later

Old 10-07-2009, 03:10 AM

20 posts, read 99,724 times
I personally lived at Lakeshore from the end of 2005 to April 2007. I experienced a peeping tom while living there. I don't know how long he was looking through my vertical binds with his face pressed up against the glass (it sends chills up my spine just recalling this), but he was standing there on my balcony and didn't flinch when I turned the light on. It was a very scary thing for me. Management did nothing and didn't act concerned when I told them. They seemed to act like it was a normal thing. I don't know how I got through the next few months or slept during this time. It was very scary and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to move there - especially single females.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:43 AM

5 posts, read 25,346 times
it is expensive to live there just because of the location. i lived on 82nd and allisonville for 5 years at ivy knoll apts they are tucked off and they are great apts and quiet. There is maybe a total of 80 apts and 80 percent of the people that live there are older which is great. Maintenance is great and gets things done in a timely fashion. The rent is reasonable for the location. It's 2 bdrm 2 full bath with w/d hookup and its about 1200 sq feet. Very spacious and clean and comes with a built in microwave and a pantry in the kitchen. The master bedroom is massive and the bathroom has 2 closets in it and a vanity. Check it out asap. The number is 849-6360. good luck and enjoy!!!! They are on the right hand side of 82nd and allisonville road and they are brick apts and when you go through the stoplight you can see them. They are right beside the chuck e cheese. Go and check them out!!!!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:08 PM

5 posts, read 42,832 times
Fortunately for me, I do not mind the commute. When I was relocated to Indianapolis, I lived on the north side, almost in the Carmel/Noblesville/Westfield area. This worked well for me because the cost was similar to downtown, and the apartments were nicer. The only problem was the commute, as I69 can really bottle neck during rush hour.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:18 PM

5 posts, read 25,346 times
i lived on 82nd street and worked on 38th street and i dealt with 465 so i know the feeling. Just do what makes you happy i did!

Old 11-22-2011, 10:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,244 times
Default Don't live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo0485 View Post
I am moving in the next couple of weeks and have been looking at Lakeshore Apartments.

I reviews at apartmentrating.com have not been promising in regards to crime and being a noisy complex. Is there anyone who as lived there or knows someone you lives there that could shed some light on the complex?

Thanks!
People will say those who like to complain will say it is horrible. However, there is often truth behind this. I have lived at this place three different times. The first two times were great, the last time (now) is horrible. I agree it depends on where you live within the complex. One bedrooms are better than 2 bedrooms. Where I live now is like a frat house. Loud all hours of the night and morning, weed smoking, as well as people living there who are not on the lease. I know this because I spoke to the trouble makers who stated as such. Management does nothing. Cory is the manager and he can care less if there is an issue. Back 5 years ago, this was a great complex, now they have a lot of suspects who live there. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of nice cool normal people who live there, but it seems now that there is no criminal check.

I would advise looking elsewhere. Lakeshore is in a great location due to shopping and the latest stores however management is driving this place downhill quick. I am moving in a few weeks and they can't come soon enough. The place can be wonderful if it had a better manager. So I would say don't move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis