Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 08:30 PM

2 posts, read 12,976 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to Indianapolis. Distance from work(Eli Lilly) is a critical factor. Are there homes (with schools around) close to Lilly, need advise ??? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2009, 07:36 AM

163 posts, read 659,682 times
Fletcher Place (a historic neighborhood) is right across from the main campus. I assume that is the location you are referring to. IPS schools, which stink.

There are several good private schools in Indy, nothing real close to Lilly, but that is all relative.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 AM

295 posts, read 949,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
We are looking to relocate to Indianapolis. Distance from work(Eli Lilly) is a critical factor. Are there homes (with schools around) close to Lilly, need advise ??? Thanks.
I wouldn't move downtown indy unless you don't have kids or aren't planning to have kids in the near future (IPS sucks as they said). With that said, there are a few places around Mass Ave I know friends that work for lilly live at. Also, if you're not familiar with Indy, there are tons of places you can live that are close to downtown and unless you want to walk to work, you could live very comfortably.

You should contact a real estate agent and have him/her at least show you the area.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:01 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Fletcher and Fountain Square are both by Lilly. I can see the Lilly building from my back yard. Depending on how close you want, there are a few good areas in and around downtown that are close, depending on what you are looking for.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:04 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,152,382 times
Doesn't Fountain Square come alive during the late night hours and into the early morning? At least that is what I've heard.

Old 05-08-2009, 09:27 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,288,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside Shrek View Post
Doesn't Fountain Square come alive during the late night hours and into the early morning? At least that is what I've heard.
The businesses along Shelby/Virginia/Prospect tend to. I am a couple of blocks removed from that and it is generally very quiet.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 12,976 times
Thanks guys for those replies, gives me some idea for what I am looking at.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
kwr

254 posts, read 493,882 times
I just moved to Indy for the 2nd time (and hopefully last)and bought in the Meridian Kessler area. 15 mins. commute to Lilly. I lived in Carmel the first time. I will be sending my son to Park Tudor next year which is the best school in Indiana.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:10 AM

2 posts, read 8,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
I have lived in Indy for about 13 years now, and I use to work at Eli Lilly. We currently have two homes that we are looking to lease or do a lease to purchase if you have interest please let me know. One is in Fishers, which is either a straight shot down 37 to downtown or 465 to 70 it took me about 20-25 minutes to get to lilly everyday. We also have a property by Eagle Creek which is 10-15 minutes from downtown. Both are executive homes with close to 3000sq ft. I have been where you are at so happy to help. If you have children I would not suggest living downtown. My son goes to private school Heritage Christian and it has been a wonderful environment for him. Let me know if you would like additional information. Thanks!

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,169 times
Hi Ashwin,

The Old Northside and Woodruff Place are 2 great neighborhoods that aren't to far from Lilly. They are both beautiful older neighborhoods with a lot of character. I am a realtor so if you have any questions or want me to send you some available listings, just let me know. I hope this helps.
-Damian Szostak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis