Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 PM

2 posts, read 7,055 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Carmel, IN from Florida and we've narrowed our search down to these apartment communities: Mohawk Hills, Park Lane and Governors Square. Any opinions on which ones are "better"? These are all priced under $1,000 for a 3br and they are all in the Carmel Clay School District.

Would appreciate any comments on these or any other similarly priced properties. Pictures from existing tenants would be especially appreciated!

Thanks,
Cliff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 06:39 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,102 times
I live in a Carmel apartment - although not any of the three you mention. Of the three, I would stay away from Mohawk - heard those are really run down. Just from driving through Governors Square, I would also be leery of those but they appear better than Mohawk.

Don't know anything about Park lane.

if I would you I would decide between Governors Square and Park lane

Here are links to apartmentratings.com. Take these with a grain of salt - but I think it is worthwhile to read through these reviews. I wouldn't disregard any comments about the horrible office staff - that usually isn't important as it is often personal grudges.

Mohawk Hills Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Carmel apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate...partments.html

Old 02-14-2010, 01:31 AM

4 posts, read 16,993 times
I've lived in Governor Square for almost 2 years with my family since we moved to Carmel and we love it. We looked around at almost all the apartments in Carmel before deciding. We live in the 3 bedroom townhome and it's the best in Carmel based on price and square feet. The buildings were built in the 70's, so they're not brand new, but we haven't had any major problems. And if we do have a little problem with anything the management sends people over immediately or by the next day latest. The staff are really helpful, and whenever my sister forgets her key and is locked out she stays at the leasing office and the people don't mind and are really nice to her. There's lots of kids around too, it's very family oriented if that's what you're looking for.
It's also right next door to a shopping area where there is a 24-hour Marsh, Starbucks, Panera Bread, Baskin Robins, Hobby Lobby etc. and just down the road is a Borders, CVS, 2 gas stations, an Indian store and a lot more. All within 5-10 minutes walking distance. It's about a 40 minute drive to downtown Indianapolis.
There's a small playground area, pool and gym too. I haven't used them, but I've noticed the pool is always pretty crowded in the summer.
Oh, and the Carmel Clay Schools are fantastic too. I graduated from there and liked it a lot, best public schools in Indiana, if not the country.
Like BU191433 said, the reason we didn't go with Mohawk Hills is that it was really run down.
Park Lane is pretty nice too. It's almost right across the street from the High School and is in the Arts District, which is really pretty and has galleries and boutiques and local restaurants. I think the reason we choose Governor Square over Park Lane is because the GS townhome has 2.5 bathrooms, but Park Lane just had 1 or 1.5, I don't quite remember. You would have to drive about 5 minutes to a supermarket though, which isn't too bad really.
LOL that was really long, sorry didn't mean to overwhelm you with info. Hope that was helpful! I definitely recommend Governor Square.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:41 AM

4 posts, read 16,993 times
Oh, I can't really speak as well for the apartments at Governor Square though, I've heard they're not in as good shape as the townhomes. They have one main entrance for 4 apartments I think and they don't have washer/dryers hookups in the apartments either, they're in the main hall area. So I would recommend the townhouses over the apartments.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:09 AM

32 posts, read 89,362 times
Park Lane has a really good location. Also, for your budget, you may want to consider a rental home.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 4,189 times
Do not waste your money at Mohawk Hills Apartments Carmel IN! Everything is horrible here. These people rent to anyone, the units are in bad shape, maintenance is horrible they do not know what they are doing. Buildings and roads are not maintained. The staff will lie to you and keep BS'ing.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 PM

8 posts, read 16,493 times
I have a few friends who live at Mohawk. It depends on the building you're in, but most of the apts aren't great. They are cheap, though, and you get what you pay for in that regard. I wouldn't live there, personally.

I don't know much about Governor's Lane, but had a friend who lived there and liked it.

Park Lane is a GREAT location (I live near those apts) and I've heard great things about them. If I were to choose, I'd pick there. Park Lane is closest to downtown Carmel, if you like that area (I do).

Old 07-10-2011, 01:02 PM

3 posts, read 6,182 times
No I live in park lane lived here for 3 years new management is horrid we are moving out this month. Leasing manager is very nosey and micromanages. If you have a pet it's a 650$ deposits per pet and extra 200$ monthly per pet. Location is great but that's about all that is. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Also if and when you tell the leasing office your moving out they try to rent your apartment while your still there!! Office hours are Tuesday and Thursday pretty much when ever they decide to come if they come at all, they were only here every other week in the winter once a week. Also they are nit-picky about everything. Try the lakes of Carmel or even providence. Much better apartments and newly renovated

Old 07-14-2011, 05:04 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,769,343 times
Several years ago their was a armed bank robbery in Carmel and the gunman was on the run and shot dead while hiding in a tree. It was televised live. This gunman lived at Mohawk Hills Apt's.

Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Mohawk hills is called the getto of carmel. We love in carmel center they are great but too far from your price range. I would go govenor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis