Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,289 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info Liz - you are a wealth of information...I will look into PowerVPS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Reading all of these posts leaves me feeling so behind the times. I still create all of my ( very simple ) webpages in good old notepad, but my pages tend to not to display as intended in non microsoft browsers. I'll have to do some research and get up to speed on this stuff.

blessings...Franco

Old 10-25-2007, 02:21 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
I still create all of my ( very simple ) webpages in good old notepad, but my pages tend to not to display as intended in non microsoft browsers. I'll have to do some research and get up to speed on this stuff.
I create mine in notepad too but make sure I view them in FF first. If the code is not working in FF it's because it's not properly coded...FF is not forgiving like IE is. You might want to check out this list.

It even has a couple of free online schools listed. Liz

Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Liz wrote:
I create mine in notepad too but make sure I view them in FF first. If the code is not working in FF it's because it's not properly coded...FF is not forgiving like IE is
Liz, I hate to come across as an idiot, but I must admit that I have no idea what you mean by FF.

Thanks for the link. Over the years, I've visited many of those sites, but obviously I have masterd only a small portion of the information available.

The occassional webpages I create on the job are a differnt ball of wax than the typical wepages. They are mostly interactive pages that capture information provided by customers and send it to the company database or vice versa, a customer can look up their specific agreements by entering their ID#, which then reads from the company database into their browser. I create those pages in notepad, using HTML with ASP.net and hefty portions of SQL. I spend so much time working with the really complicated stuff that I have no idea how to work with most of the basics....as I discovered very quickly when I attempted to create my own webpage. It was a humbling experience. Brought me down to earth and put me in my place in no time at all.

blessings.....Franco

Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
Liz, I hate to come across as an idiot, but I must admit that I have no idea what you mean by FF
It stands for Firefox...the most common alternate web browser out there.

Quote:
I create those pages in notepad, using HTML with ASP.net and hefty portions of SQL. I spend so much time working with the really complicated stuff that I have no idea how to work with most of the basics....as I discovered very quickly when I attempted to create my own webpage.
Asp.net and SQL is very complex...my hat is off to you on that. Liz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet