Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM

119 posts, read 249,267 times

Advertisements

I started using gmail since it started, but I'm giving it up. I'm just forwarding everything to my yahoo account. I'm fed up with it in so many ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 03:27 PM

61,722 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
So I wonder why the administrator is not doing anything to fix it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
You have such expectations?
^^^ Actually, yes - and this is Marka response:

Quote:
I reported this issue a few times to our tech guys and have been repeatedly told that the notifications are sent instantly. So, the problem is not something we can help with.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:51 PM

273 posts, read 957,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsprettyhot View Post
I started using gmail since it started, but I'm giving it up. I'm just forwarding everything to my yahoo account. I'm fed up with it in so many ways.
Can you elaborate a bit? I have used both Y and G a long time...one I think I preferred was original/classic Yahoo...the new one has some nice but as many not so nice features.

Two things that I really dislike about Gmail are
  1. NO ability to SORT the mail by sender, subject, etc (well at least last time I checked)...G in its pomposity suggests it isn't 'needed' (I understand this may be a sacred cow of sorts at G town since they live and die with searches, maybe not sorts...from this users perspective is notable missing function.) ... Y's old and especially the new 'sort'/search/select by sender, subject etc, are easy and good. Big plus here for them.
  2. The Gmail "Label" function for tagging mail based on (what else?) content or sender etc is pretty good... BUT once you direct these tagged items to spam, they are no longer retrievable as a group by just clicking on the still visible Label...makes no sense to me (it's like "spam" becomes a super label and overrides the others. If the designers this makes sense to them, I would at least appreciate an option to retrieve the group using the labels in/from the spam folder.
  3. ...all for now
If I'm missing something above I would like to know as I find these two of the top annoyances w Gm

Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
I'm done with Gmail because I got sick of having to put in a verification code every time I check my email

Old 07-17-2013, 01:04 AM

17 posts, read 15,858 times
I am using both from long time and having no problem..

Old 07-17-2013, 01:16 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
My issue with gmail was you had to put a verfication cose in everytime you logged into your email.

That became annoying

Old 07-18-2013, 09:20 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
I would suggest Fastmail's email service. They have used to have a free service and a pay service (which I use at $40 per year). It looks like they have a free trial period for 60 days, and then the lowest tier is $5 per year. Their focus is speed and security - not so much bells and whistles.

I set up my own security criteria and have had no security issues. I have one main account with a bunch of aliases - so that if I have a problem, I just delete the alias email and my main account is unaffected.

I don't think Fastmail is for everybody (Mrs. DRob uses Yahoo, which her account was hacked into last month) - but if you like function, check it out. For me, the $3+ a month is worth the security, file storage, and domain usage I get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet