Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 09:26 AM

1,680 posts, read 2,559,252 times

Advertisements

I spent a week googling everything I could think of to find Comcast's non promotional pricing for existing customers. My 2 yr contract for internet and cable expires in a few months and I am looking to drop cable and downgrade internet.

The problem is that pricing depends upon your location and what packages are offered in a particular location. The packages and pricing offered seem to change thru out the year.

I accidently discovered how to find this information after more than 100 attempts to locate the information on line and multiple attempts to try to contact Comcast customer service to have them send me a current price list.

So, I am passing along this information if you are also trying to get an idea of non promotional pricing as an existing Comcast customer.

Google "Local Xfinity Pricing" and click on it. This will bring up a screen where you have to enter your address. The next screen will tell you if they have pricing available for your location. If so, click on it. Up comes Services and Pricing, effective date and the area covered. This information sheet lists packages and pricing currently offered to existing customers in this specific area. (In my case the specific pricing in my state and specific to the county in my state.)

The only thing missing in the price list as far as I am concerned is the download speed of the various internet choices. I had planned to drop Performance Pro ( with a 200 download speed in my area) to Performance Plus. However, Performance Plus is no longer listed as an option. The next lower option is "Performance" which I think in this area is somewhere between 60 - 100 download speed which would still work for me.

This information will make it easier for me to know my available options to downgrade when I contact Comcast to cancel cable and downgrade my internet choice - once my 2 yr contact is about to expire.

Hope this information is helpful to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2020, 01:34 PM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
Is that on the Xfinity website? That asks me to log into my account, which gives me the same old package information with promotional pricing. And nowhere does it list what channels are included on each television tier.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Is that on the Xfinity website? That asks me to log into my account, which gives me the same old package information with promotional pricing. And nowhere does it list what channels are included on each television tier.
No, the only way I found to get to the non promotional price list was to google "local Xfinity pricing". I could not get to this pricing via the Comcast main web site where you have to identify yourself as an existing customer - as that will only show you pricing that is an upgrade to your present package.

It seems like Xfinity wants you to call them without knowing various prices and options for your area. They make it very difficult for existing customers to find this information - particularly if you are looking to downgrade your services.

PS: This was the only link where I could enter my address and it did NOT ask me to first log into my Xfinity account.

Try this link (which I saved) https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card/ as the original google entry is not coming up anymore when I do the search on Google.

Last edited by Mary2014; 03-02-2020 at 03:46 PM..

Old 03-02-2020, 06:21 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
If you are on the page where they list multiple offers click the link "view details", you should now be on the page just with that offer. Regular price is listed down the bottom.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:37 AM

15,435 posts, read 25,818,588 times
It doesn't work! It says sign in to find or local prices. Comcast sucks!

Old 03-04-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
It doesn't work! It says sign in to find or local prices. Comcast sucks!
It looks like the link remembers my computer when I access the link to get to the price list. Try googling "Xfinity Rate card" and see what kind of links show up.

The first time I got in Google showed a link for "Local Xfinity pricing". Now that does not show up on my computer in a Google search. Yes, it is very frustrating that Comcast makes it so difficult to get to their non promotional price list.

Try a google search for "Xfinity rate card" or "Local Xfinity pricing" in the Google search engine. The first time I got in it asked for only my street address ( not to log in to my Xfinity account) and came back with pricing available for my location. Once I got to the price list I saved the web address I posted.

If you can get thru to Comcast Customer Service (I could not) what you are looking for is a web address for an Xfinity rate card or a link to local Xfinity pricing. Save the web site on your computer once you get to the price list or you will not be able to find it again.

Hope someone else is successful finding this path to their local price list. Very annoying that once you do your computer is no longer able to find the original access path.

Old 03-05-2020, 08:45 AM

Tried it. It just goes the same place asking me to sign-in and giving me the same triple play offer as always.

Old 03-07-2020, 03:52 PM

I decided to see if my neighbor could sign in on his computer to see the price list I am seeing. He had no problem. These are the steps he followed on his windows 7 computer and his windows 10 computer.

1. First make sure you do not have your computer set up to keep you signed in to your Xfinity account. You want to be sure you are signed out.

2. Using the Windows 10 Edge browser or the Windows 7 Internet Explorer browser do a search for "Comcast rate card". Look at the first few search results for "local services and pricing Xfinity" and open it.

3. Click on where it says "sign in".

4. The next screen is asking you to do a quick security check. One of those you are not a robot things, where you have to enter four letters and then then proceed to the next screen.

5.The next screen asks you to enter your street address for your Xfinity account (I included the town, state and zip code as well). There is also another option on this page if you are not at your home computer - I did not try that option.

6.Once you have entered your street address the next screen says Your Local Comcast Service information is available and there is a button that says View PDF. Click on it and the non promotional price list for your area appears.

The only variation to this when I first found the price list was an extra step which I think was just after I entered my street address and it said checking to see if pricing is available for your area. and it came back with "your local Comcast service information is available".

If any of you are successful getting in this way - please let us know. And, be sure to save the link as it will be impossible to find it again if you don't. The link does seem to only be somehow associated with a specific computer.

Old 03-08-2020, 10:12 AM

Instructions were for Windows, but I figured it out on a Mac. Now reviewing to see if I can cut my service and price.

Old 03-09-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Instructions were for Windows, but I figured it out on a Mac. Now reviewing to see if I can cut my service and price.
Great! This price list is dated at the top of the screen and has been updated three times since I found it 18 days ago. So, the price list always has the most up to date information for your area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet