Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 01:37 AM

226 posts, read 158,079 times

Advertisements

I'm using Windows Mail (windows 10) program.
It manages two email addresses
1 gmail account
1 hotmail account.

My main email account provided by Comcast - my ISP provider is not linked to Windows and will remain unlinked.

In the past (years ago) I had several gmail accounts that I used for online purchases, discussion boards, etc,
None of those gmail accounts included my real name (just like the two used in Mail). I like aliases for internet use.

Every day for awhile now, I get an email from Microsoft telling me I must take action to reclaim/reactivate a gmail account. (I guess it is trying to sync to it or some other Microsoft bull spit).

I clicked and the screen showed my account name - myname.verizon.net (I dropped Verison 5 years ago),

Next I am prompted for my password to that account (I took WAG at what I may have used 5 yrs ago).

Next it asks very stupid questions
Enter email addresses you sent messages to.
Enter the Title of what those emails were.

Who is going to remember this nonsense?

I exited and deleted the email.
I tried to mark as junk - but I guess Microsoft does not like that - because the Spam mark would not stick.

It dawned on me - those stupid questions about my email activity 5 yrs ago - tell me that Microsoft has my emails from 5 yrs ago stashed in their servers and evidently can read exact phrases. Snooping Busterds.

I will try to contact Microsoft Support directly to ask them to cease & desist. I don't want access to that old email account. I tried to delete account via Google - but they state account doesn't exist.

Before I do that (I don't want to),

does anyone here know how I can block those emails from Microsoft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 02:09 AM

61,650 posts, read 87,023,434 times
If you don't need them, ignore the Microsoft emails. Or deactivate your old emails.
You can also mark those emails as spam and they will go to a Spam Folder.
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-find-a...ses-1835332266
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet