Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,590,761 times

Advertisements

Does anyone agree that Google Gmail is the worst free email service on the face of planet Earth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,588,097 times
Why do you say that?

I thought that Yahoo was real bad b/c of all the SPAM mail.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:21 PM

2,736 posts, read 9,678,742 times
I really enjoy my gmail account.... I don't know why you would consider it even to be bad, forget worst...

Old 05-15-2008, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Why do you say that?

I thought that Yahoo was real bad b/c of all the SPAM mail.
On a scale of 1 to 10, Gmail rates a 2 and Yahoo rates a 7. I have Gmail and Yahoo email accounts (Yahoo Mail Plus @$19.95 per year! ), Gmail is by far the worst performing email service. A big problem with Gmail is logging into my email account at numerous times of the day. Their server capacity appears to be quite limited, I've rarely had a problem logging into Yahoo at any time of the day. Attaching large files with Gmail (within email total size) is a real exercise in frustration to the point where I do not attach files to Gmail except for text files. Gmail has become my default "junk mail" service!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
I really enjoy my gmail account.... I don't know why you would consider it even to be bad, forget worst...
Consider yourself to to one of the blessed Gmail users!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:44 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,613,632 times
Wow! I am blessed too. Gmail has performed better than any service I have ever had before, paid or free.

I use it continually at work and at home on multiple computers, often concurrently and NEVER have any difficulty logging in, retrieving mail, sending mail, attaching files or managing my spam folder. It has been one of the absolutely best at shifting spam out of my inbox without trashing the "good" messages.

Based on my experiences and those of my coworkers (IT consultants, lots and lots of them) I would say you are probably just trolling to see what kind of muck you can generate rather than actually having anything like the problems you indicate.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:55 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,195,683 times
Never had a problem with gmail either. Though I rarely use the website. I get all my email through Thunderbird client. I'm not a fan of web based email at all.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:59 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,268,573 times
It's me again steve!

I am unable to open my gmail account tonight and that has my in a rather overall crappy mood.

There have never been any other problems with the email but I do not like the way it is set up. There does not seem to be a flow that is conducive to my needs and squirrely brain.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
It's me again steve!

I am unable to open my gmail account tonight and that has my in a rather overall crappy mood.

There have never been any other problems with the email but I do not like the way it is set up. There does not seem to be a flow that is conducive to my needs and squirrely brain.
Gmail doesn't "flow" for me either, even when it does work!

Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Wow! I am blessed too. Gmail has performed better than any service I have ever had before, paid or free.

I use it continually at work and at home on multiple computers, often concurrently and NEVER have any difficulty logging in, retrieving mail, sending mail, attaching files or managing my spam folder. It has been one of the absolutely best at shifting spam out of my inbox without trashing the "good" messages.

Based on my experiences and those of my coworkers (IT consultants, lots and lots of them) I would say you are probably just trolling to see what kind of muck you can generate rather than actually having anything like the problems you indicate.
I must be tapped into a Gmail service in the alternate universe! No "trolling" here, I already got a warning for "trolling"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet