Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 09:30 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times

Advertisements

I have had this Hotmail account for decades and have tons of important info in it and get all of my emails there and now I cannot get in!

It claimed I was hacked and locked it. But now it will not let me in even when I do the verification code! And there seems to be no way of getting live support from Microsoft who I guess is in charge of this account so what on earth am I suppose to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 12:23 PM

6,589 posts, read 11,277,081 times
Since it's just a free service, it's no surprise the support may be limited.
Have you tried the unblock my account process?

Old 08-10-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
Since it's just a free service, it's no surprise the support may be limited.
Have you tried the unblock my account process?
I did the verification code and answered security questions and for some reason it remained locked. Will not even let me try again for 24 hours

Old 08-10-2022, 01:17 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
I feel for you. Try googling ‘hotmail account recovery’. Maybe one of those results will help you. When I got locked out of my att account I went through several different phone helpers until one of them had me use a “secure key” they gave me instead of a password. Took hours of phone contact. Sheesh.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
I feel for you. Try googling ‘hotmail account recovery’. Maybe one of those results will help you. When I got locked out of my att account I went through several different phone helpers until one of them had me use a “secure key” they gave me instead of a password. Took hours of phone contact. Sheesh.
Wow thats crazy! Was yours hacked as well?

Old 08-10-2022, 05:12 PM

9,358 posts, read 14,085,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Wow thats crazy! Was yours hacked as well?
We ended up blaming it on having an old mobile phone that would no longer update the operating system. I tried to read mail on both laptop and phone and keep the same password as always. But it would fail on the phone and not allow a reset. The calls to att originally had me keep trying to reset the password so many times it would kick me out on that device. So I would wait overnight in case something was working too slow. Nope. Finally a guy figured to use the special code.

So I bought a recent phone model. (Cha ching) But my new problem is that the computer now won’t accept its stored password. So i have to do a reset every time even though my new password is a repeat of my old one to be the same as on the phone. I’m guessing a programmer being paid 250K a year was daydreaming while writing a recent update.

Old 08-10-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
We ended up blaming it on having an old mobile phone that would no longer update the operating system. I tried to read mail on both laptop and phone and keep the same password as always. But it would fail on the phone and not allow a reset. The calls to att originally had me keep trying to reset the password so many times it would kick me out on that device. So I would wait overnight in case something was working too slow. Nope. Finally a guy figured to use the special code.

So I bought a recent phone model. (Cha ching) But my new problem is that the computer now won’t accept its stored password. So i have to do a reset every time even though my new password is a repeat of my old one to be the same as on the phone. I’m guessing a programmer being paid 250K a year was daydreaming while writing a recent update.
OMG sorry to hear that! This stuff is such a pain

Old 08-11-2022, 06:45 PM

Well good news is I got back on!!! Now my concern is did who ever hacked it get any info or were they not able to since they were caught!

Old 08-11-2022, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uodiak View Post
Make sure to change your password just to be sure!!

Im glad ya got back in ok
Oh I changed it right away! Thank you, so am I!

Old 08-12-2022, 03:50 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Well good news is I got back on!!! Now my concern is did who ever hacked it get any info or were they not able to since they were caught!
You should change the password to any services connected to that email address and you should be fine.

There's not much information they can get from an email account other than access to accounts and services connected to it. So make sure you review those services to see if there's any transactions, etc. that aren't familiar to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet