Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2024, 11:35 PM

29 posts, read 17,550 times

Advertisements

And if it's true? I mentioned how the attorney was passionate and enthusiastic and sounded very positive during the free consultation but then I was given another attorney in my case who was rude, impatient, and simply accepted everything the worker's comp insurance said including the small settlement I received even though on their site they say the average amount for a settlement would be a certain amount with one of their lawyers for a specific injury and I had two of the same injury. I see the law firm responded to a few negative reviews saying they were never clients which if true would be considered defamation. My review is true. What does it mean if they don't respond to a true negative review?

I didn't mention this part but the attorney in the free consultation even cited that the worker comp doctor had broken a law by not completely treating the injury since he had requested a stupid therapy test too soon. So this attorney was just lying to convince me to choose his firm.

Last edited by Testingthis; 01-18-2024 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2024, 08:09 AM

16,541 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testingthis View Post
What does it mean if they don't respond to a true negative review?
Work at law firm. Nothing. We will certainly not sue you over it. If it was worth the the effort we could argue it with whoever you reviewed us on.

Old 01-19-2024, 10:44 AM

1,097 posts, read 641,748 times
Lots of attorneys publish the answers to various FAQ's on their websites. A search yielded this one as the first result:

https://www.oflaherty-law.com/learn-...g-a-bad-review

Old 01-19-2024, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Work at law firm. Nothing. We will certainly not sue you over it. If it was worth the the effort we could argue it with whoever you reviewed us on.
Okay. I wanted to make it wasn't breach of contract either since it was during the free consultation and I didn't mention anything specifically that was said during this consultation. I saw other people who were more specific.

Old 01-20-2024, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Also if I specifically ask for a lawyer and talk to him for the free consultation but they give me another lawyer after signing the contract what does that mean? It doesn't make sense. One was saying positive things then the other one was a very negative person and sided with whatever the insurance said. The first was was saying how we were going to sue the insurance company so much since supposedly they broke many rules.

Old 01-20-2024, 04:38 AM

1,097 posts, read 641,748 times
Quote:
Also if I specifically ask for a lawyer and talk to him for the free consultation but they give me another lawyer after signing the contract what does that mean? It doesn't make sense. One was saying positive things then the other one was a very negative person and sided with whatever the insurance said. The first was was saying how we were going to sue the insurance company so much since supposedly they broke many rules.
It seems to mean there was a miscommunication or no communication about whether you would receive the same attorney you initially spoke with.

Old 01-20-2024, 05:28 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akrausz View Post
Lots of attorneys publish the answers to various FAQ's on their websites. A search yielded this one as the first result:

https://www.oflaherty-law.com/learn-...g-a-bad-review
LOL
The feller who commented on that attorney's site dated a woman and gave her 1 Star review. And asked if she could sue him for honest opinion.

He musta been dropped on his head, maybe more than once. From up high. Onto a hard surface.

Old 01-20-2024, 10:46 AM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
A reminder that there's a difference between suing someone...and suing someone successfully.

But I will say that another another community forum I'm on there are many posts that I think could be the grounds for successfully suing.

I also think it's interesting that at a couple of medical offices that I am a patient at, there are now signs that you cannot record appointments (with your smart phone).

Old 01-20-2024, 11:27 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,853,671 times
If you know the difference between an opinion vs. a false statement, you’ll be fine relative to negative reviews.

Quote:
I was given another attorney in my case who was rude, impatient, and simply accepted everything the worker's comp insurance said including the small settlement I received even though on their site they say the average amount for a settlement would be a certain amount with one of their lawyers for a specific injury and I had two of the same injury.

I see the law firm responded to a few negative reviews saying they were never clients which if true would be considered defamation. My review is true. What does it mean if they don't respond to a true negative review?
In other words, it’s easier to establish defamation (and malice) when you’re declaring something to be ‘true’.

Old 01-20-2024, 02:57 PM

4,858 posts, read 4,794,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A reminder that there's a difference between suing someone...and suing someone successfully.

Yep. Many years ago my Torts professor said that anyone with $15 (the filing fee at the time) can sue anyone else. Winning the case is a whole other matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Internet