Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 AM

46 posts, read 53,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Scottrade options commission is too high for me Options House lets me get away with just 15 cents a contract
Ya I'm doing this all within my Roth IRA.. I don't have separate funds yet for a discretionary account (college grad!). I'm just popping the 5k a year.. I noticed that scottrade commissions are pretty high for options but I haven't really looked into alternatives. I'll have to check that out. It does suck paying almost $100 for a round trip.. really bumps up the price/contract.

Let's see if I'm right. Between 1 and 2:15 BAC should drop to mid 6.9x
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 11:49 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestmike View Post
Ya I'm doing this all within my Roth IRA.. I don't have separate funds yet for a discretionary account (college grad!). I'm just popping the 5k a year.. I noticed that scottrade commissions are pretty high for options but I haven't really looked into alternatives. I'll have to check that out. It does suck paying almost $100 for a round trip.. really bumps up the price/contract.

I recommend Options House. It's like 3.95 for the trade and 15 cents per contract. So I could pick up 100 contracts for less than 20 per trade.

The same with Scottrade and Schwab, I'd be pumping out 100 to 150 bucks per trade.

I do my options exclusively with OH. And regular stock daytrading with Scottrade and Schwab.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the info VLNC; I'll talk a look at it over the weekend. As for me, I'm out of the market prior to the weekend.. never know what could happen in Europe. Sold out of my Oct 11 $8 puts near the market high around 1.40 today for a nice 2 day 24% gain! I love BAC!!! Have a good one.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 PM

Greece default looks very imminent over the weekend. It will pressure commodities and AA will take a hit. VLNC looks okay. BAC and STD could plummet to insane levels. Quite the timing, I'm simply amazed.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:19 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Wow, for kicks and giggles I looked back on this thread and it proved alot of my points..

Take a look back in July in this thread...I saw comments from Oildog saying "$10 is cheap" and from Antlered that "there is no way the stock goes below $8 unless it defaults"...

Are you guys effin kidding me?

That was just a couple pages I looked at.....nothing personal but you guys have no clue where these stocks will go in the short term...you're just throwing darts like monkeys.....

but its good entertainment though!

Old 09-09-2011, 05:48 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:

Ding!Ding!Ding!

We have ANOTHER expensive mistake in the "investing" forum...

Old 09-09-2011, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Ding!Ding!Ding!

We have ANOTHER expensive mistake in the "investing" forum...
What are you talking about? It hit 6.98 during that period. Sure, I was 2 to 3 cents off. Expensive?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? It hit 6.98 during that period. Sure, I was 2 to 3 cents off. Expensive?
He's trolling around, digging at posts made at various timeframes of the market, based on market conditions at that time.

It's best not to feed him

He's one of those Tightwad, jmhcom doomer types.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,984,659 times
Odds of BAC hitting $5?

If so, will it be by Thanksgiving or New Years? Or Never.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Wow, for kicks and giggles I looked back on this thread and it proved alot of my points..

Take a look back in July in this thread...I saw comments from Oildog saying "$10 is cheap" and from Antlered that "there is no way the stock goes below $8 unless it defaults"...

Are you guys effin kidding me?

That was just a couple pages I looked at.....nothing personal but you guys have no clue where these stocks will go in the short term...you're just throwing darts like monkeys.....

but its good entertainment though!
Even Buffet invested a billion in BAC last month. But according to you, he may have thrown darts like monkeys, right?

I know your kind, you fellas have absolutely no money in the market, yet hang around and take it out on people who said things in the past, based on prevailing market sentiment.

If you can predict the market 100% of the time, be my guest and show me the millions. Otherwise, nut up and shut up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing