Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times

Advertisements

Read through this (http://www.computerhistory.org/highlights/earlyapple/ - broken link) and then read about Mike Markkula
and then keep your eye out for this film

Or... maybe you should start with the people who don't have PR agencies
and others who have seen the underside

Of course all this still requires access to them in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2011, 07:12 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,556,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Of course all this still requires access to them in the first place.
Pretty good stuff. You seem like you're active in entrepreneurism?

Old 06-03-2011, 09:51 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
I don't know how you can even consider talking like that when even children know you have to try before you can succeed.

I am a bit lazy and I'm glad. In the past it made me a good programmer. Many times instead of massaging data manually, I wrote code to do it for me. That helped make me a good programmer.

BTW, I'd much rather work smart than work hard. I see many fools run off half cocked because they're "hardworkers". If they would have a bit of laziness in them and take some time to think first, they would probably get farther. The point being a mix is best.
sounds to me like you are full of corny phrases that attempt to justify laziness. good luck finding an angel investor and dont show him this post of yours that i quoted.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:23 PM

1,475 posts, read 2,556,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
good luck finding an angel investor...
Thanks! Keep using the creatine.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:14 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_CD View Post
Thanks! Keep using the creatine.
i dont use creatine.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:18 AM

483 posts, read 1,559,829 times
I don't know of a public website that seeks angel investors. It's done by networking. To get your foot in the door you need a 7-figure networth, be investment savvy, and have to know the right people. One of my brokerages sends emails to accredited investors for investments that are not open to the general public. I also know a couple of people who are in the business of arranging private equity for small companies -- what you'd call angel investing. The deals I've seen and have had a chance to get in on are in the 7-figure range. I don't know how many investors join the pool, but there's usually a $100k-250k minimum per person or trust to join.

These are very risky investments. Don't think you'll get in on the next Facebook and make 3000% return. Also, the deals aren't what people might expect. One was for a 3-chain restaurant that wanted to expand statewide. Another was for a plastic surgeon who wanted to start a plastic surgery franchise chain (like Pearle Vision optometry franchise).

The most popular private investment pool I've seen are apartment/commercial rentals, where people come together to buy a $3-10MM apartment or retail plaza. But this isn't angel investing per se
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing