Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 04:48 AM

106,893 posts, read 109,156,575 times

Advertisements

like it was his election that caused that.
markets go up and they fall. thats a cycle thats been around forever regardless of who is in office.

we typically would spend 2/3 of the time up and 1/3 down. then as we became less of a manufacturing country we went to rolling recessions instead of overall . different sectors and different areas of the country would get hit with the downturns.

since 2000 we went back to overall downturns . the markets are just the messenger of whats going on or percieved .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,560,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Stop acting like Romney and answer the question instead of dancing around it!

We haved owned numerous businesses and currently own one now. When we bought it the net income was -$180k in 2008 and in 2011 it was +$550k. We bought it for a fraction of its value because the owner was losing so much money. More people became millionaires during Obama than 8 years under Bush. Why is it Republicans say if a business is successful it's because of their work and smarts, but if it fails, big government is to blame. The truth of the matter, it comes down to you, so if it fails, you are too blame.
A+++++

10 most powerful 2 letter words in one sentence . . . .

If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me.

=============

Funny watching you do the smackdown on this . . .

Sounds like you are talking to Joe The Plumber.

Joe the Plumber - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-24-2012, 12:02 PM

27,652 posts, read 28,756,270 times
The stock market is once again in an upward trend. Hopefully, this one will last at least a few months.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,031,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
If I make money but the government keeps taking it, how much longer will it take to get there. Taxes keep you poor. You should know better. AND, I will dance around all I want. YOU only know your situation and have no clue about mine.
Taxes are lower these days on the federal level then in the past, yet in the past people were still successful...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Bottom line is I am SICK AND TIRED of the welfare whiners who do nothing to help others but are certainly there to take. I've paid my way, let them pay theirs. Since we are being so fair, when will they share their fair share of free stuff. I never got any freebies in my life. I want my share.
Dancin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
You do realize that a 3 to 5% sell off can hardly be called a "crash". And maybe it's lost on you that the stock market has doubled in value since 2009 when Obama first took office.
Depending on where exactly he was looking... Mushed in with the big fund re-balancing of some stocks... it can seem like a crash.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:06 PM

165 posts, read 307,444 times
The market has been artificially propped-up by the Fed for years and there is now an expectation that the QE actions are less and less effacacious; Romney would have lowered tax rates for all and created real economic growth, not Obama's fake economy based on gubmen checks and IOUs.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:11 PM

106,893 posts, read 109,156,575 times
Works for me. They deal the cards and i put my energy into playing them rather then complaining about the dealer.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:32 PM

165 posts, read 307,444 times
I was just pointing-out how the market's expectations affect performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing