Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 04:44 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any experience trading the two? How do they compare? I took some fx courses and did a few simulated trades so I understand fx better. Options seem more complicated but I seem to hear about that a lot more on here. I know they're both leveraged and risky but would love to hear feedback from anyone who has tried their hand at both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:46 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,102,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
Does anybody have any experience trading the two? How do they compare? I took some fx courses and did a few simulated trades so I understand fx better. Options seem more complicated but I seem to hear about that a lot more on here. I know they're both leveraged and risky but would love to hear feedback from anyone who has tried their hand at both.
Options isn't really related to one specific market, there's options in the cryptocurrency market, there's options in the stock market, etc so it's not like you can really say forex vs options.

I looked into forex years ago, can be very risky I believe you can leverage yourself 100x. Also unless you really follow currencies and world politics and economics your basically just taking a total shot in the dark. I used to work at a currency exchange so I had to post new rates everyday, I started to see trends develope ie various times of year Euro or Pound tends to go up or down so I had considered doing Forex because of that but never really got into it.

I had a buddy get into those Binary options things, stay away from those as well

Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 AM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Options isn't really related to one specific market, there's options in the cryptocurrency market, there's options in the stock market, etc so it's not like you can really say forex vs options.

I looked into forex years ago, can be very risky I believe you can leverage yourself 100x. Also unless you really follow currencies and world politics and economics your basically just taking a total shot in the dark. I used to work at a currency exchange so I had to post new rates everyday, I started to see trends develope ie various times of year Euro or Pound tends to go up or down so I had considered doing Forex because of that but never really got into it.

I had a buddy get into those Binary options things, stay away from those as well
I was researching options and binary options came up. I looked more into it and it really felt like gambling.. might as well flip a coin.

So you think it'd be easier to make $$ in options? I read on here that options is mainly tech analysis but with fx you'd probably need both fundamental and tech analysis?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:32 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,096,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyShark View Post
I was researching options and binary options came up. I looked more into it and it really felt like gambling.. might as well flip a coin.

So you think it'd be easier to make $$ in options? I read on here that options is mainly tech analysis but with fx you'd probably need both fundamental and tech analysis?
FX you will need both fundamental & technical in as much as the execution between the pairs & how they chart out.

FX is a binary trade it is the pair USD/GBP, USD/CHF, etc. Options are simply on an underlying, however the strategies can be more complex. FX options are simply....not for the introductory or neophyte who want to dip their toes into the market. They can blow up your account quickly and harshly. If you understand options and the strategies/mechanics it can be a very rewarding experience.

Old 02-13-2018, 06:45 AM

8 posts, read 4,210 times
As for me Forex is a cool way to test your financial intuition and to boost your analytical skills. What is cool about this type of trading is that you can enter the club with quite a small sum of money on your deposit. I use forexee.com where you can start with as little as $50. Though some platforms let you enter the trading market with minimum deposit of $25 or even $10 but I didn't test them so can say nothing about their pros and cons. I like Forexee because of its convenient design, reliability and good analytics. But maybe someday I will try another broker. It's very democratic market!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing