Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2020, 02:07 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I love science and Dr. Fauci. I follow all the guidelines and no doctor has said it's dangerous to be outside in fresh clean air, away from other people. In fact, they encourage it!

Yes, gyms and movie theaters and arenas were all closed. And some parks were closed. But there's wilderness trails, one's own property, and lots of places to be outside and away from others. Not in NYC, but I don't live there.

Thus, I don't consider what I went through a "lockdown" since I was able to leave my house and get things done and be outside.
I worked from home before the pandemic and didn't enjoy going out too much anyway but I do miss having the option to go out to a bar or a movie theater if I felt like it. The main thing I dislike is treating like everyone could be infected and keeping my distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 02:21 PM

454 posts, read 198,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriella Geramia View Post
I worked from home before the pandemic and didn't enjoy going out too much anyway but I do miss having the option to go out to a bar or a movie theater if I felt like it. The main thing I dislike is treating like everyone could be infected and keeping my distance.
Me too. Like my wife says, treating everyone like a walking virus.

Old 11-17-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas YLC View Post
Me too. Like my wife says, treating everyone like a walking virus.
That sounds about right. I start to hold my breath if someone in public starts to get too close to me. Not that it will do anything, but just a natural reaction.

Old 11-17-2020, 07:59 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times
Lol. Well don’t pass out!

Quote:
That sounds about right. I start to hold my breath if someone in public starts to get too close to me. Not that it will do anything, but just a natural reaction.

Old 11-17-2020, 08:04 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
I just tell them to back off. Hold my breath for what?

Old 11-17-2020, 08:41 PM

335 posts, read 166,915 times
If you think there is a lockdown, watch that old black & white movie called Annie Frank. You aren't even close.

However don't think I am promoting such. That same movie, Annie Frank, will show you how easy it is to brainwash the sheep into lockdowns. Slowly groom them into giving up their civil rights.

Don't be suckers yet don't fall for your "life is awful" because you cannot go shopping at a whim, eat out at a whim and such. Remain realistic and happy. You have food, are not locked up in a concentration camp, can go hiking and such.

Walk both lines appreciating what you have yet holding to both views of being wise as servants yet gentle as doves and you will do better than 90% of society. Common sense goes a long way

Old 11-17-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
I just tell them to back off. Hold my breath for what?
I've seen this woman try to tell another woman to step back but she was ignored. I thought it would be riskier to ask people to step back because if you talk to them and they talk back, as soon as they open their mouth, there's a chance of exposure. It's safer to just quickly get away if you can. I am a hypochondriac though and a germophobe. Might be why my first reaction is to hold my breath to try not to breathe it in lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollypopper View Post
If you think there is a lockdown, watch that old black & white movie called Annie Frank. You aren't even close.

However don't think I am promoting such. That same movie, Annie Frank, will show you how easy it is to brainwash the sheep into lockdowns. Slowly groom them into giving up their civil rights.

Don't be suckers yet don't fall for your "life is awful" because you cannot go shopping at a whim, eat out at a whim and such. Remain realistic and happy. You have food, are not locked up in a concentration camp, can go hiking and such.

Walk both lines appreciating what you have yet holding to both views of being wise as servants yet gentle as doves and you will do better than 90% of society. Common sense goes a long way
This pandemic sucks but it's definitely not on the level of the holocaust or a war.

Old 11-17-2020, 09:13 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
You are right about that, I have on occasions give people dirty stare instead. But if I’m far enough, I will speak out.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollypopper View Post

Excellent points, perspective, warnings to live by. Yes, throughout history we see the power of brainwashing and the horrible things that happened as a result. Be wise. Understand, see through, what’s going on around us and be wise, cunning.

Old 11-18-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
I've seen this woman try to tell another woman to step back but she was ignored. I thought it would be riskier to ask people to step back because if you talk to them and they talk back, as soon as they open their mouth, there's a chance of exposure. It's safer to just quickly get away if you can. I am a hypochondriac though and a germophobe. Might be why my first reaction is to hold my breath to try not to breathe it in lol.

This pandemic sucks but it's definitely not on the level of the holocaust or a war.
It definitely is not as bad but perhaps it’s a start of something else. Civil liberty is a precious entitlement that most think about because in this country it’s a given. When the government starts to tell you how you should behave inside your house then some of that goes away. Of course if it’s temporary it maybe ok but who gets to decide when these orders would go away? I read that PA residents must wear mask at home when there are people from outside the household there even with social distancing. How are they going to monitor that? Cameras in every street corner, neighbors or even your friends snitching on you. I can see how this can get out of hand. Ok crazy scenario. Let’s say a burglar breaks into your house but you apprehend him/her and call the police. But you weren’t wearing a mask while apprehending the burglar so they let the burglar go and arrest you instead for first breaking the law for not wearing a mask when a non household person is in your house.

Getting back on topic. Invest wisely. There is money to be made in almost any market environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing