Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2023, 03:37 PM

106,583 posts, read 108,739,314 times

Advertisements

i happen to find a very detailed review of the golden butterfly on line

https://www.quantifiedstrategies.com...fly-portfolio/

boy the inaccuracies are crazy …

20% commodities? not in the butterfly , it holds 20% gold only …where did they get 20% in gold or 10% in gold and 10% commodities?

commodities has never been part of it .

first it it says it is a misconception the portfolio is diversified ..

then it goes on to say

Expert Insights and Analysis of Golden Butterfly Portfolio

The Golden Butterfly Portfolio is a well-diversified investment strategy that seeks to balance risk and return by allocating assets across multiple asset classes. It is a suitable option for risk-averse investors who are looking for steady, long-term growth.

then it talks about the history of it .

The History and Evolution of Golden Butterfly Portfolio

The Golden Butterfly Portfolio is a relatively new investment strategy, having only gained popularity in the past decade. It was developed as a response to the financial crisis of 2008, as investors were seeking a more diversified and balanced portfolio that could weather economic uncertainty.

i just spoke to tyler the creator of the golden butterfly in the last hour ,and he never saw this site before ..

tyler said the portfolio wasn’t even a thought in 2008 …..

the first time he even started work on it was 2015 and it had nothing to do with 2008.

so once again the financial press is clueless and just writes whether it’s true or not….. they could easily have verified their facts but they chose to just write and put misinformation out there

Last edited by mathjak107; 03-27-2023 at 03:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2023, 07:39 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,960,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

they could easily have verified their facts but they chose to just write and put misinformation out there
Unfortunately that can be said for the media in general, these days.

Old 03-28-2023, 02:36 AM

eaxactly .

most articles are nothing more then click bait

Old 03-28-2023, 02:46 AM

7,492 posts, read 3,219,325 times
I think maybe Reuters is still a reliable source. Everything else is reader beware.

A guy I follow on YouTube had the Washington Post send him email and an article that was about him. They said they wanted his comment. But, then, only moments later they published the article (before even having time to read what he responded to them).

I have a feeling they are just churning out articles mindlessly almost. I see a lot of recycled articles. I also see a lot of undated articles (because they do recycle so much they don't even always date things).

Old 03-28-2023, 02:56 AM

it looked like a good site i stumbled upon at first .

but after those blatant mistakes , not so much

Old 03-28-2023, 09:49 AM

7,747 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
eaxactly .

most articles are nothing more then click bait
This one is extremely egregious.

Most articles are written by young lit major journalists living in Mom's basement who can't remember 9/11 who lack more than basic financial sophistication.

This one is worse because the entity purports to be a financially sophisticated entity selling financial services to the public.

This is one reason I prefer to read articles published in peer-reviewed scholarly academic journals.

Last edited by moguldreamer; 03-28-2023 at 10:21 AM..

Old 03-28-2023, 09:51 AM

5,475 posts, read 6,294,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
This one is extremely egregious.

Most articles are written by young lit major journalists who can't remember 9/11 who lack any semblance of financial sophistication.

This one is worse because the entity purports to be a financially sophisticated entity.
Just wait until they start churning out AI generated articles. Ugh.

Old 03-28-2023, 10:07 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
I think maybe Reuters is still a reliable source. Everything else is reader beware.
Reuters is part and parcel of the MSM democratic machine. Reuters were all in on Russia collusion, the Ukraine call and now Braggs possible indictment. In none of those stories did they ever have a voice disputing the main MSM narrative. If you need further proof of their obvious bias read their reports on the Nashville shooting. What possibly pertinent facts are left out of the story? It's not what Reuters reports it's what they don't report.

Old 03-28-2023, 10:13 AM

7,492 posts, read 3,219,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Reuters is part and parcel of the MSM democratic machine. Reuters were all in on Russia collusion, the Ukraine call and now Braggs possible indictment. In none of those stories did they ever have a voice disputing the main MSM narrative. If you need further proof of their obvious bias read their reports on the Nashville shooting. What possibly pertinent facts are left out of the story? It's not what Reuters reports it's what they don't report.

I have done zero research on the subject. It's a subjective feeling based on articles I have read from them over the years. I am not subscribed to anything.

I would argue that being able to rely on what they are reporting (the words on the paper) is kind of rare these days. I have no idea what you are referring to otherwise because I do not follow much.

Old 03-28-2023, 11:16 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,378,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Your last line says it all -- the media just IGNORES anything that doesn't fit their narrative. There is no true journalism anymore. I find it absolutely frightening and very depressing. Most see no problem with that type of "reporting" as it is already their mindset. Financial "reporting" follows that same formula.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing