Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2023, 06:54 PM

110 posts, read 92,289 times

Advertisements

These are a few of my options I'm currently considering. I would like to hear some thoughts.

I have a waterfront property, and am considering turning a garage sized building on my property into an Airbnb.

A property is for sale down my lane and across the street. I am contemplating buying that and doing either short term or long term but also think it could be a general good investment even though am looking for something to give immediate income.

Buy something in another state and have a property management company do everything.

Buy something nearby in a more vacation area and let a property management company do everything.

I am a self employed guy who has a business that comes in waves(property services)...I have inherited some money and am looking for something to hopefully create another venture for me that would bring money in. I have around 200k in an IRA that's strictly for retirement purposes, 100k in a CD, around 70k that is in savings but will probably be eventually used to pay off a piece of equipment. The house I am in is paid off, and I am in my early 40s.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2023, 07:09 PM

1,212 posts, read 731,649 times
Build organic growth, or buy logistical factors including efficiencies or discounts, or buy quality including popularities

Old 04-04-2023, 09:28 PM

4,859 posts, read 450,201 times
You know better than anyone, what YOU want to do.
I have zero bones in my body that would even think about attempting what you suggest. I'd take the inherited money and put it in Investment Grade corporate bonds.
PIGIX
FCBIX
ISCFX

Sit back and enjoy the ride. Monthly or quarterly income, and you re-invest it or live on it. Work is a good thing. But there's more to life than work.
"Break a leg."

Old 04-05-2023, 06:32 AM

7,746 posts, read 3,778,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Beef View Post
I have a waterfront property, and am considering turning a garage sized building on my property into an Airbnb.
You asked for identical advice in a previous thread. What's changed?

Specifically, did you ever find an ADU answer? https://www.city-data.com/forum/64960454-post9.html

Old 04-05-2023, 10:18 AM

110 posts, read 92,289 times
I don't think that's a identical topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing