Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 10:53 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,203,101 times

Advertisements

Seeking Alpha
https://seekingalpha.com/
I use it all the time. I use the free version. Its easy to use, gives info on the stock you are interested in. News on the companies. You can put your portfolio in it and can quickly check to see how its trading, etc. Lots of news about the market and individual stocks and bonds.
They try to get you to get the paid version which apparently gives more info, but I don't need that. I just like to check the market and my stocks.
I use Fidelity for my investments, but Seeking Alpha is quick to use and basically gives the same news on your stocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2024, 03:14 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,996,970 times
Someone on here mentioned tradingterminal.com once, they have a news section. I really haven't used it much so can't say how good it is or isn't.

Old 04-26-2024, 08:40 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,349,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
TD Ameritrade is fine, but the company will be closed next month. The page is clean and neat, per attached screenshot. But it requires login.

Yahoo Finance: Too much ads, too much unrelated news to the company. I don't like Yahoo Finance news related to specific company.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/TSLA/news

Any other alternative websites to check out news related to specific company? By the way, I want something in browser (something to open in Chrome), not news in desktop trading software app or mobile app. I want to quickly view news and see what caused the big move in price.
You may try Microsoft Money thru their Edge browser.

Old 04-27-2024, 11:37 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,776 posts, read 58,229,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baike View Post
TD Ameritrade website is fine, I have used its news for years. But the company will be gone after May 10, 2024. So I need something alternative.
Sounds like you're a victim of a 'merger' , as have we all been since TD started buying up our excellent brokers 20+ yrs ago (They bought (4) of my best brokers, eventually watering down all the previous benefits of perfectly outstanding brokerages. Makes you really appreciate the 'good-old-times'.

Reminds me of some once great employers and successful growth businesses. (and web services... such as Yahoo Finance in yesteryear)

Maybe you can set up some RSS feeds to your liking? And get precisely just what you need and desire.

Old Today, 03:59 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,106,496 times
Are there any good stock message boards anymore? In the 1990s the Prodigy service had some great ones (non-Internet) with some very knowledgeable people and no trolls.

Old Today, 06:23 PM

5,493 posts, read 6,341,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Are there any good stock message boards anymore? In the 1990s the Prodigy service had some great ones (non-Internet) with some very knowledgeable people and no trolls.
Yes, there are a few. Are you interested in value investing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing