Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 08:48 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times

Advertisements

Well, thanks for setting women's sexual harassment laws back to the 1960s.

Thank you. Thank you very much.

PICTURED: The assistant Melissa Nelson fired by dentist because she was 'irresistably attractive' and 'threat to his marriage' | GA Daily News

Quote:
'These judges sent a message to Iowa women that they don't think men can be held responsible for their sexual desires and that Iowa women are the ones who have to monitor and control their bosses' sexual desires,' Fielder said. 'If they get out of hand, then the women can be legally fired for it.'

Nelson, 32, worked for Knight for 10 years, and he considered her a stellar worker. But in the final months of her employment, he complained that her tight clothing was distracting, once telling her that if his pants were bulging that was a sign her clothes were too revealing, according to the opinion.

He also once allegedly remarked about her infrequent sex life by saying, 'that's like having a Lamborghini in the garage and never driving it.'

Knight and Nelson — both married with children — started exchanging text messages, mostly about personal matters, such as their families. Knight's wife, who also worked in the dental office, found out about the messages and demanded Nelson be fired. The Knights consulted with their pastor, who agreed that terminating Nelson was appropriate.
So, he basically sexually harassed HER and since she didn't put out, he gets to fire her without repercussion. Wow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 09:11 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
It is totally her fault for being an attractive woman.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toast View Post
It is totally her fault for being an attractive woman.
I'm amazed that he really believed a young woman 21 years his junior would actually be interested in him.

He claims she wore tight clothes which wasn't true. She wore regular scrubs and I've never seen tight scrubs. Ever. Pervert.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM

5,234 posts, read 7,987,904 times
She worked for the guy for 10 years, you would assume she would have heard comments like that for years and known what he was like. I doubt it just started, its just that the wife became concerned recently. So why did she stay so long? Maybe she liked the attention he gave her. The most ridiculous line was by the guys lawyer saying their decision saved his marriage. I could really care less about either of them and I think they are both flakes. And I don't think she is even attractive. Also the guy could have enacted a dress code, he is the boss after all.

Old 12-24-2012, 10:37 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
The Judge is an idiot. The Dentist should have his azz whipped. The Dentist's wife is also an idiot unless there is more to the story.

My statement about the victim. Why does she wear tight clothing at work? Why did she allow these statements to continue? The "first" inappropriate should have been dealt with immediately so to avoid any future misunderstandings...its not the 1950s, women have rights. Finally, why did she communicate with this dirt bag during after hours...this sounds shady!?!

Finally, I admire the husband for this restraint. The Dentist deserves a beat down for several reasons, the continual sexual harassment and belittling statements about his wife in court and public.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
The Judge is an idiot. The Dentist should have his azz whipped. The Dentist's wife is also an idiot unless there is more to the story.

My statement about the victim. Why does she wear tight clothing at work? Why did she allow these statements to continue? The "first" inappropriate should have been dealt with immediately so to avoid any future misunderstandings...its not the 1950s, women have rights. Finally, why did she communicate with this dirt bag during after hours...this sounds shady!?!

Finally, I admire the husband for this restraint. The Dentist deserves a beat down for several reasons, the continual sexual harassment and belittling statements about his wife in court and public.
She wore scrubs. Have you ever seen a tight pair of scrubs? I haven't. The man is lying. He became more and more sexually aroused by her and he couldn't control it anymore.

As for why she communicated with him after hours, you have to remember that she was in her early 20s, he was older, and NOT attractive in the least. She probably thought he was harmless and probably NEEDED the job. It's Iowa. She's working as a waitress now for lack of jobs and needed the money.

I read another article where he asked her through text how many times she orgasmed or something along those lines and she never responded. She NEVER flirted with him, but instead laughed it off.

I hope she takes him back to court again, this time for SEXUAL HARASSMENT, but the problem is she said in court that she never felt "harassed" by his comments. She clearly never saw him as a "threat", but she was wrong.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM

406 posts, read 1,039,474 times
Wow how is she beautiful? she has a big nose, her features are not symmetrical, she got crow feet on her eyes, she looks like a man. The dentist's older wife is much more attractive. And to answer the OPs question, yes.

Old 12-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaghoul View Post
Wow how is she beautiful? she has a big nose, her features are not symmetrical, she got crow feet on her eyes, she looks like a man. The dentist's older wife is much more attractive. And to answer the OPs question, yes.
LOL! I also have a feeling the all male Iowa supreme court is going to pass a law similar to Swaziland to control women's clothing choices, because as you know, men simply can't control themselves despite being the "stronger" sex.

Swaziland Outlaws 'Rape-Provoking' Clothing - Miniskirts, midriff-revealing tops now off limits

Quote:
Newser) – Police in Swaziland are cracking down on rape—by putting women in jail. Authorities in Africa's last absolute monarchy have issued a ban on "rape-provoking" clothing, including miniskirts, midriff-revealing tops, and low-rise jeans, the AFP reports. Women caught wearing such clothing will be arrested, and face six months in jail. "The act of the rapist is made easy, because it would be easy to remove the half-cloth worn by the women," a police spokeswoman explained.

The spokeswoman also said that provocatively-dressed women are to blame when they are sexually assaulted. "I have read from the social networks that men and even other women have a tendency of 'undressing people with their eyes.' That becomes easier when the clothes are hugging or are more revealing," she said. The ban will not, however, apply to traditional garb, which can be a tad revealing. During the annual Reed Dance, for instance, women go bare-breasted and wear beaded skirts that only cover their front

Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 PM

1,911 posts, read 3,756,006 times
Iowa is a politically paradoxical state.

For one...this is almost the same supreme court that legalized gay marriage, yet, take a huge step backward with this recent ruling.

Iowans claimed to be the ones who "changed the world" when Obama won the Iowa Caucus in 2008, yet at the same time...they vote in Right-wing Governor Branstad into office AGAIN in 2011 - after he had been governor from 1983-1999.

The state is desperate to grow, and always tries to present itself as this hidden utopia to the rest of the world...stuff like "Iowa...low traffic, low crime, great schools, great everything else", but only grows because of the one population they'd like to keep out....Illegal Hispanics.

Although it can be statistically proven, the focus on Iowa's growth is always centered around what "young professionals" move there, and not anyone else.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieJonez View Post
Iowa is a politically paradoxical state.

For one...this is almost the same supreme court that legalized gay marriage, yet, take a huge step backward with this recent ruling.

Iowans claimed to be the ones who "changed the world" when Obama won the Iowa Caucus in 2008, yet at the same time...they vote in Right-wing Governor Branstad into office AGAIN in 2011 - after he had been governor from 1983-1999.

The state is desperate to grow, and always tries to present itself as this hidden utopia to the rest of the world...stuff like "Iowa...low traffic, low crime, great schools, great everything else", but only grows because of the one population they'd like to keep out....Illegal Hispanics.

Although it can be statistically proven, the focus on Iowa's growth is always centered around what "young professionals" move there, and not anyone else.
Well, I most certainly won't be moving there to live that's for sure. I can't be bothered with being fired by my supervisor or senior male (or female) co-workers, because my presence makes their blood pressure rises.

I have BILLS to pay. The gay marriage thing is very puzzling. How can you be for something progressive, then regress on women's rights and no one is challenging it? This is a very backwards and talibanish move. I really wish the plaintiff could take it to the supreme court to see what happens.

It really cannot be left to stand this way. Illegal aliens aren't going anywhere as long as companies continue to provide them with jobs. If you don't want them in your city or state, then STOP providing work to them. It's simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Iowa