Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 04:21 PM

439 posts, read 558,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
So just what exactly is this supposed to prove? It's a poem or a verse from some book... it proves nothing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

(By the way, as for the clues in finalmessage's.... .

i intentionally did not say the scientific facts that are in the verses because i want to emphasis that the scientific facts tht are in the quran is not that kind of scientific that like a physics book or medicin ...etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
......As to your prophetic proof about the Romans, a true prophecy does not simply involve someone's wide-based and obvious political observations about what might likely happen in the perpetually war-bound ME within the next ten years. I can make the same sort of pronouncement:

"Within the next 5 years, in the greater Middle East, there will be much heated turmoil with the ancient tribes, and a terrible reconing.".....
Alif, Lam, Mim.
The Romans have been defeated in the lowest land,
but after their defeat they will be victorious within three to nine years.
The affair is Allah's from beginning to end. On that day, the believers will rejoice. (Qur'an, 30:1-4)
history is something happens in the past .

the quran said about something will happen within 3 to 9 years and that is future

and if you think that this prophecy is not strong enough to unlock the closed hearts then ponder in the second miracle in the same verses.

in the verses there are two facts correct and that can not be Coincidence.

"The Byzantines and the Persians actually fought at the Dead Sea basin, which is situated at the intersection point of the lands belonging to Syria, Palestine, and Jordan. At 399 meters below sea level, the Dead Sea is the "lowest" place on Earth's surface.181

However, as only modern measuring methods and equipment can prove this fact, it would have been impossible for anyone living at that time to realise this truth. Yet, the Qur'an states clearly that this region was the "lowest land" on Earth and thereby provides further evidence that it is the Word of Allah."

Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an

Old 02-11-2011, 12:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,226,142 times
It was the lowest land they knew about, which also happened by chance to be the lowest land on Earth. That proves nothing about Allah or the Quran. I'm also glad to learn that history is "something [that] happens in the past". The future sure ain't what it used to be.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM

397 posts, read 609,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
It was the lowest land they knew about, which also happened by chance to be the lowest land on Earth. That proves nothing about Allah or the Quran. I'm also glad to learn that history is "something [that] happens in the past". The future sure ain't what it used to be.

it was the lowest land they knew about? seriously theres no way u would know thats what they thought or even assumed unless u actually asked one of them but you cant so ur obviously assuming.

the problem with these forums is that its just bickering back and forth he said she said ur wrong im right i know more than u and u dont know what your talking about... seriously its like this forum is being written by a bunch of kids that want to be heard.
many of these responses are off topic and someone respondong to anothers ignorant comments.

if you dont agree with islam or the quran, rifleman, sanspeur, and whoever else that doesnt agree we get it. u dont understand it or you disagree with it or you think muslims are uneducated and believe in a mythical book with false science or unsupported scientific claims.... ok we get it.

undoubtedly im sure there are people who think the same about you. i know that the more disbelievers i come across the more it proves what i believe because my book says there will be dosbelievers until the day of judgement. so you may not agree. it doesnt matter. stop being kids everyone, even people who respond, your just adding fuel to fire. if your muslim know that there will always be disbelievers and that the prophet (saw) himself got upset because when he performed miracles, revealed the thoughts of people that person never said aloud, etc. right in front of them in his time there were still disbelievers. at time of the messenger of allaah people still did not believe in him. if the messanger of allaah could not change the minds of some people know that you cannot change everyone. allaah wills what he wills.

just stay on the topics of this forum. scientific miracles of the quran. whether you agree or disagree, have respect for others and what they beliee and do not talk down on them even if they talk down on you. why bring yourself down to that level? stay on topic not as a moderator but as a respectful person.

im sorry if i offended anyone im just tired of clicking on forums that i assume would be intresting and just find bickering back and forth. it really ridiculous.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,906,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
im just tired of clicking on forums that i assume would be intresting and just find bickering back and forth.
Well Sukrill, we Americans love to bicker with each other, so when you start writing posts bragging about the wisdom in the Quran, you should expect some antagonistic responses.

However, if you express yourself in a clear, concise manner, you will find more people showing you respect and taking you seriously.

From what I know, the Muslim culture was more scientifically and mathematically advanced than Western culture up until the Middle Ages, so I bet there is some good wisdom in the Quran. Show us what it is.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:07 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,024,249 times
Yes I do, and we all know what this information is-hogwash.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
From what I know, the Muslim culture was more scientifically and mathematically advanced than Western culture up until the Middle Ages, so I bet there is some good wisdom in the Quran. Show us what it is.

The main purpose of displaying the scientific miracle in the Quran is to show proofs that the Quran is the Word of Allah.

And not to show that the Muslim culture was more scientifically and mathematically advanced than Western culture up until the Middle Ages.

And the scientific facts in the Quran are not from Muslims but they are from Allah.

The Quran is a book and in it you can read that the disbelievers will go to Hell .

And no one would care for this warning if he does not believe that the Quran is from the one who created him and these scientific facts in the Quran might help those who have desire to find the correct path.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,226,142 times
sukrill: Okay, so it wasn't the lowest land they knew about? Pray tell, where is even lower land that they knew about? Simple answer: there isn't any. So I was correct, unless they didn't even possess the concept of lower vs higher, which I seriously doubt.

Since your book says there will be disbelievers and I am a disbeliever, you take that to prove the truth of the entire book? It doesn't take much, does it?

Old 02-12-2011, 12:43 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,906,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
The main purpose of displaying the scientific miracle in the Quran is to show proofs that the Quran is the Word of Allah.

And not to show that the Muslim culture was more scientifically and mathematically advanced than Western culture up until the Middle Ages.

And the scientific facts in the Quran are not from Muslims but they are from Allah.

The Quran is a book and in it you can read that the disbelievers will go to Hell .

And no one would care for this warning if he does not believe that the Quran is from the one who created him and these scientific facts in the Quran might help those who have desire to find the correct path.
Now that post makes sense! You explained your thoughts perfectly!

Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM

397 posts, read 609,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
sukrill: Okay, so it wasn't the lowest land they knew about? Pray tell, where is even lower land that they knew about? Simple answer: there isn't any. So I was correct, unless they didn't even possess the concept of lower vs higher, which I seriously doubt.

Since your book says there will be disbelievers and I am a disbeliever, you take that to prove the truth of the entire book? It doesn't take much, does it?
first off, i never said 'my book' says there will be disbelievers and i take that evidence to 'prove the entire book'. u assumed that. it seems you like to assume alot of things.

lower vs. higher... think about it more deep than an assumtion...

the fact is they had no knowledge of the entire earth like we do today. they didnt have cars, computers, planes, etc. we can type in google "lowest place on the earths surface" and viola! the dead sea. they could have stood on top of a mountain and pointed down and said thats the lowest point or this is the lowest point, they could have said another sea was the lowest point another lake even, but out of the many things they could have 'guessed' or as you like to 'assume' they got it right.

out of places on the earth they didnt know about, nor had ever seen, if there was a point on the earths surface lower than the dead sea in lets just say for example south america, then thats it, the quran has been disproven. but it IS the lowest point on the earths surface. and the quran IS right. so you can make a million assumtions for all i care. but thats what i like about the quran. its proof. and not just a bunch of someones assumptions...

on a side note to stay on topic good pasture before had stated...

"The following verse is supposed proof that the Qur'an states that the universe is expanding which has only been discovered in the past one hundred years-

51:47 With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the vastness of pace.

However, nowhere in this verse does it say that the Universe is expanding, only that it is very big."

however its incorrect. the literal translation of this verse reads, 51:47 english-literal translation, "and the sky/space/heavens we built/constructed it with power/support, and we (e) are extending/spreading/expanding it."

thats the literal translation because anyone who knows arabic knows that the arabic language has many more words than the english language, thousands more words, so when you translate into english you'll never get it 100%. anyways, the verse clearly states that god is steadily expanding the universe. like goodpasture said it was only recently discovered in the past 100 years but 1400 years ago it was written in the quran.

Last edited by sukrill; 02-12-2011 at 03:38 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam