Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:25 PM

439 posts, read 556,691 times

Advertisements

the quran has many reference to scientific facts .
and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah
and here is one of the fact .

O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought. The Noble Quran
the flies digest their food before they eat it.
They literally vomit digestive and dissolving substances on the food particle to dissolve it whole into liquid and then they suck it all in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 03:08 PM

O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought. The Noble Quran

Science has proven that flies digest their food before they eat it. They literally vomit digestive and dissolving substances on the food particle to dissolve it whole into liquid and then they suck it all in. So yes, it is absolutely true that once the fly successfully takes away a food particle from us, we absolutely can not bring that food particle back from it, because it had already been digested and dissolved by the fly before the latter even took off.

Old 01-29-2011, 05:12 PM

154 posts, read 216,992 times
Moderator cut: Per TOS: English only in posts

Dear respected brother (or sis ) i'm going to share with you the same comments I have with brother Khaled...

It's well, good, and righteous that you want folks here on the forum to learn about our beautiful deen and the significance of specific aspects of said deen. Mash'allah, it's awesome to see that you have motivation and want to express that in the spoken word. Perhaps, insh'allah, there is a future for you in the field of dawah to the kufr and mushrikeen.

However, brother, I think it would be even more beneficial to structure your posts specifically, me more thorough, lengthy, involved, etc. To be brutally honest some of these threads here in the Religion and Philosophy subforum in regards to Islam are absolutely atrocious.

Again, brother, the next time you create a thread please think ahead to the results it may produce in your target audience.

Take care. Salams.

- DARR

Last edited by june 7th; 01-31-2011 at 05:09 PM..

Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,639 times
Scientific knowledge.

Quran base "knowledge".
********NOTHING***********

Old 01-30-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
Moderator cut: Orpaned

Dear respected brother (or sis ) i'm going to share with you the same comments I have with brother Khaled...

It's well, good, and righteous that you want folks here on the forum to learn about our beautiful deen and the significance of specific aspects of said deen. Mash'allah, it's awesome to see that you have motivation and want to express that in the spoken word. Perhaps, insh'allah, there is a future for you in the field of dawah to the kufr and mushrikeen.

However, brother, I think it would be even more beneficial to structure your posts specifically, me more thorough, lengthy, involved, etc. To be brutally honest some of these threads here in the Religion and Philosophy subforum in regards to Islam are absolutely atrocious.

Again, brother, the next time you create a thread please think ahead to the results it may produce in your target audience.

Take care. Salams.

- DARR
Moderator cut: per TOS: English only in posts

thank you for the comments.

any thread i post and you think it is missing something please add it and make it clear.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace_be_upon_him) said:
The believer is the believer's mirror,
and the believer is the believer's brother who guards him against loss and protects him when he is absent.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-31-2011 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-30-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Scientific knowledge.

Quran base "knowledge".
********NOTHING***********

Gplex : you do not get the main idea of mentioning the scientific facts that are in the quran.

the main purpose is to proove that the quran is from the creator and not human words.

to beleive in Allah the only god and to be saved from Hell.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:16 PM

154 posts, read 216,992 times
Gplex,

I found the picture you posted very ironic as I had just posted several very interesting Hadith (wiki it...) relating to construction and large buildings. Though I think I understand what you are attempting to imply, an explanation would be greatly appreciated.

This was typed for a Facebook note... insh'allah i'm sure the Muslim brethren will understand the irony as well... Though of course the subject of the Hadith is directed at Muslims it is just as much (in a secular sense) applicable to kufr society as well. On FB I labeled this note "Building the 'Tower of Babylon' " .

Quote:
Salams,

I wanted to share these several hadith taken from "Imam Bukhari's Book of Muslim Morals and Manners" which struck me as equally interesting and revealing. If any brothers or sisters would like the publishing information to obtain a copy, please feel free to contact me.

Spending on Construction:

HDTH #447

... Khabbab said, "A man will be rewarded for everything other than building." (n)

*this narration was also related by Tirmidhi

(n) The prohibition alluded to in this hadith is the one against tall buildings, or, more precisely, ostentation or competition in seeing who can build the most impressive structure, regardless of it's potential uses. Otherwise, the building of a solid structure to house one's family is something for which one will surely be rewarded.

Competing to Build he Tallest Structure

HDTH# 449

... Abu Hurayrah reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said, "The hour will not come until people begin competing to build the tallest structure." (n)

* This hadith was also related by the author in his Sahih

(n) Ibn Hajr, Bukhari's well known commentator, noted that just because something is to occur before the Hour does not mean it is necessairly bad. Perhaps the most important point is that tall buildings are not, in and of themselves, evil. Rather, the competition involved, the idea of out-doing others in ostentation, and needless displays of wealth are most blameworthy.

HDTH #452

... 'Abd Allah al Rumi said, "I went to Umm Talq and said to her, 'The ceiling of your house is very low.' She replied, 'O my son, the Commander of the Faithful, 'Umar ibn al Khattab, wrote to his administrators, "Do not build high structures, for that will signal the worst of your days. ""

* This narration appears not to have been related in any of the other collections

I find the above Hadith very revealing given the current occupation with skyscrapers, urban development, etc, in the UAE cities Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and the future development of Mekkah. It's no secret amongst Muslims that both UAE and Saudi Arabia have strayed away (to what length is debatable amongst individuals) from the path of Islam and this is what really inspired me to share and thereafter briefly comment on these Hadith.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,898,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
Wow!!!

And people think the bible is hard to read!

After a couple pages of that Quran stuff, I would be totally confused.

Old 01-31-2011, 04:25 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Orphaned

Take care. Salams.

- DARR
Thank you. While we unbelievers understand that, for many muslim posters, English (in which we post here) is not their first language, we do expect respect. Respect for our intelligence.

Biblical prophecy is pretty much demolished on the boards and that is generally way better than the attempts at prophecy from the Quran.

Attempts to 'discover' advanced scientific knowledge in the Bible have been pretty much shown up to be without foundation, yet they are way far better than the attempts at 'discovering' advanced scientific knowledge in the Quran.

And the crude hi -jacked Creationism we get from muslims makes Ray Comfort look positively intelligent.

Preaching and posting chunks of text is unconvincing (though the Christians do it too) and disproof of the divinity of Jesus by pointing out that the Quran says otherwise is just going to get a horse - laugh. If the divinity is true, that disproves the Quran (which ought have got it right).

I have seen some pretty good work from Muslims on the internal contradictions of the Bible and you might concentrate on that. However, for those godless bastards like myself who don't believe Christianity, that only confirms our doubts.

So I only want to say that your message is a good one. The quality of Muslim posting badly needs to be improved. The present impression we are getting only confirms out prejudices about Islam as a mindless fanatical creed which turns intelligent people into brainless robots shouting religious slogans as though as a threat.

That is very unfair to Muslims, and I would love to see some more intelligent posting and discussion from your sisters and brothers.

Spread the word.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-31-2011 at 05:12 PM..

Old 01-31-2011, 04:46 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
Quote:
That would actually be a good strategy, but past performance indicates that it isn't going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam