Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is a Muslim?
A terrorist 2 11.11%
The anti-Christ 1 5.56%
a Hater of Christians and Jews 4 22.22%
A savage desert living barbarian 0 0%
A fanatic 0 0%
A misguided fool 3 16.67%
A moon worshiper 1 5.56%
A born liar 1 5.56%
The Sworn enemy of Israel 0 0%
Other, please state in a post 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

It does seem many people are afraid of us and see us in very unflattering terms. But very few have ever had face-to-face contact with a Muslim and base their opinions on the media.

Does Islam pose any threat to other religions?

The answer is yes. Not a physical threat, but a very real threat in terms of gaining converts from other religions. I believe this is the motivation for much of the hatred against us. People do accept Islam, when they learn what it really is. Other religions see us as "stealing" or "misleading" their faithful members. We do not spread Islam by force or bribery. Each Muslim tries to lead by example. We try to live a pious life and be receptive to any questions. We do not desire to force our religious views upon those who do not want to know them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 12:37 PM

667 posts, read 940,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post

The answer is yes. Not a physical threat, but a very real threat in terms of gaining converts from other religions. I believe this is the motivation for much of the hatred against us. People do accept Islam, when they learn what it really is..
Firstly why converts are punished by death in Muslim countries?

The Punishment of the Apostate According to Islamic Law

Secondly please explain follows verses from Quran.

Quotes from the Qur'an

Thirdly what is about Al-Taqiyya, it seems somebody here is telling fairy tales.

Twelve Tactics of "Al-Taqiyya" - lying and deception for the promotion of Islam | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=119376404750172&topic=1632 - broken link)

Fourthly why do you believe that we absolutely need your Islam?

Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 PM

Quote:
We do not desire to force our religious views upon those who do not want to know them.
Al-Taqiyya again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPIgSNfuzE

Old 06-12-2011, 01:04 PM

Al Taqyyya is widely used by shii. Among Sunni it is forbidden except under 4 conditions. those conditions being:

1. It may be used if you are a captive by an enemy force and you are trying to avoid them from learning any military secrets.

2. It can be used if it is necessary to save a life, but only as a last resort.

3, You may deny being a Muslim, if acknowledgement of such will cause harm to come to yourself or family(while permitted, this is discourged)

4. A Husband may avoid the truth over a minor issue if the truth will cause friction with his wife, ie If your wife asks if you think she is too fat.

Because of the action of some shii, much of the world now believes we do so to spread Islam. This has caused us much harm.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:20 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
It does seem many people are afraid of us and see us in very unflattering terms. But very few have ever had face-to-face contact with a Muslim and base their opinions on the media.

The answer is yes. Not a physical threat, but a very real threat in terms of gaining converts from other religions. I believe this is the motivation for much of the hatred against us. People do accept Islam, when they learn what it really is. Other religions see us as "stealing" or "misleading" their faithful members. We do not spread Islam by force or bribery. Each Muslim tries to lead by example. We try to live a pious life and be receptive to any questions. We do not desire to force our religious views upon those who do not want to know them.
Islam is a religion.

Right now it is a very violent religion.

Every time a terror attack occurs that is carried out by muslims, or a non muslim is killed in the name of Islam. A church and the Christians who go there harassed or killed. A synagogue attacked or an attack thwarted that was in the planning by muslims. It is seen as violent.

When Muslims fly planes into buildings, blow up embassies, and kill innocent civilians that is violence.

When Muslims try to call terrorists just freedom fighters that is seen as violence by others.

When muslims kill folks just because of cartoons that is violence. When people are killed because a quran is burned that is violence.

Everyday Christians and Jews are insulted by others but we don't go on killing sprees.

Bibles have been burned and I have seen cartoons depicting Jesus but Christians don't go on killing sprees.

I think that Muslims need to take a look at just why many see Islam as violent and taking a look at the many ugly posts here from muslims may be a start.

Just a thought.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Firstly why converts are punished by death in Muslim countries?

The Punishment of the Apostate According to Islamic Law
They are not, that is the maximum punishment permitted and only if the apostasy includes treason against the Nation during time of war. There have been no executions LEGALLY for apostasy since the Battle of Badr, nearly 1400 years ago. Yes it does happen and the ruthless rulers do claim it to be in accordance with Shariah. but it is not.

Quote:
Secondly please explain follows verses from Quran.

Quotes from the Qur'an
Ahh the pleasure of fundie hate sites. I do not know where to begin. I can not find one word of truth in what is on there. But for starters.

Quote:
[SIZE=3]Surah 2:256 “Let there be no compulsion in Religion.” This would be a rational position if practiced as a standard, however Muslims disallow the Bible (as well as other books of religion) in their countries and do not give people a choice. They do not want to engage in dialogue or allow freedom of choice when they are in control. To present the Bibles Gospel is tantamount to aggression, so one is labeled an infidel, and the use of force can be used to restrain him. The rest of this verse says “Truth stands out Clear from Error: whoever Rejects Evil and believes in Allah hath grasped, the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth And knoweth all things.” This verse seems to imply that those who embrace Islam willingly are accepted.[/SIZE]
There are Christians living in every Islamic Nation I have been in, and they all have bible. that Includes Saudi and Iran. Back in the 1960s I was a Christian Missionary and never had any trouble bringing bibles in any Islamic Nation. Even held a large revival in Morocco. Seems like the writer on that website is shii and using a touch of Al Taqyyya.

Quote:
Thirdly what is about Al-Taqiyya, it seems somebody here is telling fairy tales.

Twelve Tactics of "Al-Taqiyya" - lying and deception for the promotion of Islam | Facebook (//www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=119376404750172&topic=1632 - broken link)

Fourthly why do you believe that we absolutely need your Islam?
I answered about "al taqiyya" in a post above. the only reason I think you need Islam is because it is the only path to heaven. You will not see heaven if you do not submit to God(swt). but the choice is yours. You are the only person responsible for your future. I am not going to put a chain on you and try to drag you to heaven. If you refuse to go, I'm not going to loose any sleep over your choice.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 06-12-2011 at 01:45 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 01:39 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,339 times
I know a few of Muslim faith. Great people, and I think no differently of them as anyone else. Nor do they harbor ill feelings towards my beliefs.

**A savage desert living barbarian** That is harsh, along with some of the others.

There are bad apples in any faith or non-faith, and in any region of the world. To chastise all for the acts of a few, is immature at best.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
I know a few of Muslim faith. Great people, and I think no differently of them as anyone else. Nor do they harbor ill feelings towards my beliefs.

**A savage desert living barbarian** That is harsh, along with some of the others.

There are bad apples in any faith or non-faith, and in any region of the world. To chastise all for the acts of a few, is immature at best.
Thank you for your kind words. You do have a better understanding of us than many other Non-Muslims have.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Al Taqyyya is widely used by shii. Among Sunni it is forbidden except under 4 conditions. those conditions being:

1. It may be used if you are a captive by an enemy force and you are trying to avoid them from learning any military secrets.

2. It can be used if it is necessary to save a life, but only as a last resort.

3, You may deny being a Muslim, if acknowledgement of such will cause harm to come to yourself or family(while permitted, this is discourged)

4. A Husband may avoid the truth over a minor issue if the truth will cause friction with his wife, ie If your wife asks if you think she is too fat.

Because of the action of some shii, much of the world now believes we do so to spread Islam. This has caused us much harm.
I do not agree with you:

Proofs:

Islam Watch - Links to other websites

Old 06-12-2011, 02:10 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
I do not agree with you:

Proofs:

Islam Watch - Links to other websites

wow I just took a look at some of these sites... amazing! I had no idea and these sites are by muslims who left Islam because of realizing it was not the truth and in fact has a real problem with violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam