Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM

419 posts, read 435,283 times

Advertisements

I don't mean to imply for a moment that any of you are radical muslims, or that you can speak for them. With that in mind, I ask a question:

Why is it that we never see any muslims protest, kill people, burn down buildings, etc...because someone makes a film that makes fun of Jesus? Your religion considers Jesus to be a prophet, right? If I'm not mistaken you consider him a greater prophet than Muhammed, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 03:17 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,085,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralMissionary View Post
I don't mean to imply for a moment that any of you are radical muslims, or that you can speak for them. With that in mind, I ask a question:

Why is it that we never see any muslims protest, kill people, burn down buildings, etc...because someone makes a film that makes fun of Jesus? Your religion considers Jesus to be a prophet, right? If I'm not mistaken you consider him a greater prophet than Muhammed, right?
We do. but the non-Muslims seem to ignore we do so. We never get any media attention when we protest against violence. However if you know were to look or visit a Mosque you will find it.

A few examples of things that seldom get noticed by the Media

HERE

HERE

HERE

I can post many more if you wish

Old 09-17-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We do. but the non-Muslims seem to ignore we do so. We never get any media attention when we protest against violence. However if you know were to look or visit a Mosque you will find it.

A few examples of things that seldom get noticed by the Media

HERE

HERE

HERE

I can post many more if you wish
Woodrow, not sure you understood the question. Thank you for the response though--it is heartening to see Muslims standing up in protest against the radical ones.

My question was to ask why we never see radical muslims protesting the numerous films that are published every single year making fun of Jesus--whom Islam considers to be a prophet as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you consider Jesus to be greater than Muhammed?

Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Woodrow, not sure you understood the question. Thank you for the response though--it is heartening to see Muslims standing up in protest against the radical ones.

My question was to ask why we never see radical muslims protesting the numerous films that are published every single year making fun of Jesus--whom Islam considers to be a prophet as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you consider Jesus to be greater than Muhammed?
Actually we consider all of the Prophets to be equal. We do not see the Jesus of the Bible as being Jesus(as)in Arabic Isa(a.s.)

We see the NT as presenting a corrupted image of Isa(as) and made a fabricated Man-god out of one of the most loved of Prophets. To support the Jesus of the bible would be supporting a false god and be the sin of shirk.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Actually we consider all of the Prophets to be equal. We do not see the Jesus of the Bible as being Jesus(as)in Arabic Isa(a.s.)

We see the NT as presenting a corrupted image of Isa(as) and made a fabricated Man-god out of one of the most loved of Prophets. To support the Jesus of the bible would be supporting a false god and be the sin of shirk.
Again. Thank you for the response. But you really haven't answered my question:

Quote:

My question was to ask why we never see radical muslims protesting the numerous films that are published every single year making fun of Jesus--whom Islam considers to be a prophet as well.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:27 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,896,799 times
Quote:
You made the mistake of asking three questions in your original post, and that confuses people.

I suggest you start a new topic and ask only ONE question.

Old 09-17-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
My apologies.

I'll try to Clarify. Nearly all of the anti-Jesus(a.s.) are against Jesus(a.s.) as being the Son of God, some Muslims would fear that to protest such may be indicative of giving the appearance that they were supporting the Idea Jesus(a.s.) is the Son of God, which would be tantamount to Idolatry (The sin of shirk) the only unpardonable sin to a Muslim.

Just my opinion but that is why I believe many Muslims would not protest an anti-Jesus(a.s.) event or media portrayal.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:02 AM

2,779 posts, read 2,672,179 times

Old 09-18-2012, 04:59 AM

Quote:
My apologies.

I'll try to Clarify. Nearly all of the anti-Jesus(a.s.) are against Jesus(a.s.) as being the Son of God, some Muslims would fear that to protest such may be indicative of giving the appearance that they were supporting the Idea Jesus(a.s.) is the Son of God, which would be tantamount to Idolatry (The sin of shirk) the only unpardonable sin to a Muslim.

Just my opinion but that is why I believe many Muslims would not protest an anti-Jesus(a.s.) event or media portrayal.
So you ignore the fact that your prophet's name is blasphemed because of a perceived greater heresy?

Old 09-18-2012, 07:23 AM

584 posts, read 598,202 times
I hope you'll allow a non-Muslim to comment here.

On September 14th I received a Facebook invitation to ...

Quote:
... a vigil for the embassy employees who were killed in Libya, organized by a Libyan-American group. Please join us and bring signs sharing your thoughts about the violence that's erupted over this "film" these last few days.
It was posted by a valued Muslim friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam