Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 AM

762 posts, read 1,219,411 times

Advertisements

There seems to be a big difference between the Bible's view of heaven and the Quran's view of Paradise.

The Quran's viewpoint seems to be a carnel one, where things forbidden on earth are yours in abundance, unlimited sex, rivers of wine and the like. Also marraige is allowed. I can't see the rational behind this, marraige being seen as a nesseccesity for procreation on earth...from a religious perspective..procreation is not a requirement in the afterlife, so why the need for marraige?

Surely then main attraction to the pull of heaven or Paradise is to be in the very presence of God, to be in communion with God is mankinds ultimate goal. Surely for this to be meaningful in any way it has to be spiritual in nature. That leaves no room for earthly pleasures...or even the need for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 09:28 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,114,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
There seems to be a big difference between the Bible's view of heaven and the Quran's view of Paradise.

The Quran's viewpoint seems to be a carnel one, where things forbidden on earth are yours in abundance, unlimited sex, rivers of wine and the like. Also marraige is allowed. I can't see the rational behind this, marraige being seen as a nesseccesity for procreation on earth...from a religious perspective..procreation is not a requirement in the afterlife, so why the need for marraige?

Surely then main attraction to the pull of heaven or Paradise is to be in the very presence of God, to be in communion with God is mankinds ultimate goal. Surely for this to be meaningful in any way it has to be spiritual in nature. That leaves no room for earthly pleasures...or even the need for them.
I think the same message holds for both of us.

1. The main Joy is to be in the presence of God(swt)

2. we will have whatever we desire in abundance.

3. No human can even imagine the Joy heaven has to offer.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:00 PM

2,786 posts, read 2,684,471 times

A man asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)

,"O Messenger of Allah are there horses in Paradise?"
He said,
“If Allah admits you to paradise then
whenever you wish to mount a horse in it, of pearls red in colour, it will fly with you in
Paradise wherever you wish."

Another man asked
,"O Messenger of Allah, are there camels in Paradise?"

He said, not what he had said to the first man, but,

“If Allah admits you to Paradise then there will be for you everthing you desire and your eyes enjoy.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post

A man asked the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)

,"O Messenger of Allah are there horses in Paradise?"
He said,
“If Allah admits you to paradise then
whenever you wish to mount a horse in it, of pearls red in colour, it will fly with you in
Paradise wherever you wish."

Another man asked
,"O Messenger of Allah, are there camels in Paradise?"

He said, not what he had said to the first man, but,

“If Allah admits you to Paradise then there will be for you everthing you desire and your eyes enjoy.

This is just Mohammed's opinion on Paradise. Did God promise these things? Words of man promising things that people want to hear, with no proof that these things will come to pass.

Better to say I have faith in God to decide.

Old 10-20-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I think the same message holds for both of us.

1. The main Joy is to be in the presence of God(swt)

2. we will have whatever we desire in abundance.

3. No human can even imagine the Joy heaven has to offer.
I cannot think of one thing here on earth that I would wish to have in heaven. I can't think of heaven in earthly terms. To be in spiritual unity with God would be bliss beyond imagining. There would be no need for stuff and things. I can't see the promise of spiritual bliss in Islam. How would a unitary God as Allah is portrayed commune with the human spirit his creation. He seems aloof and distance.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,114,161 times
Quote:
I cannot think of one thing here on earth that I would wish to have in heaven. I can't think of heaven in earthly terms. To be in spiritual unity with God would be bliss beyond imagining. There would be no need for stuff and things. I can't see the promise of spiritual bliss in Islam. How would a unitary God as Allah is portrayed commune with the human spirit his creation. He seems aloof and distance.
Religion is a growing experience. as one's faith increases, worldly desires and needs decrease. The Qur'an is written for all people, not just for those who have Faith but also for those that have no concept of heaven. It is a growing experience to go from worldly desires to seeking more important things. Also some possibly many people would never comprehend any concept of pleasure beyond what they have experienced. they have to mature into that.

While since a person can have what ever they desire in heaven, it takes faith and learning that there are things greater than what we experience on earth.

We speak of 7 levels of Heaven. the lowest level being the most concerned with something like an endless earth, but free from all hardships and suffering. the highest being free from earthly desires and wanting only to be in the presence of God(swt).

Old 10-20-2012, 06:11 PM

2,786 posts, read 2,684,471 times
Quote:
This is just Mohammed's opinion on Paradise. .
the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is inspiration from Allah.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
the Hadith of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is inspiration from Allah.
This is what you believe..it does not make it true.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:24 PM

467 posts, read 665,647 times
The Quaran description of Paradise is not the Etheric Plane but is more like Devachan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devachan

Old 10-21-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymarc View Post
The Quaran description of Paradise is not the Etheric Plane but is more like Devachan:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devachan
That's interesting...does that mean they won't be stopping for all eternity...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam