Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2012, 12:03 AM

2,795 posts, read 2,703,077 times

Advertisements

a sheep from Paradise .
===================

muslims are performing the fifth pillar of Islam.

the fifth pillar of Islam is to perform the hajj to house of Allah in Makkah for those who have the ability.
the pictures show the pilgrims in a place called Arafa which is part of Hajj tasks to stay there until sunset
then they should go to a place called Muzdalifa and they stay until sunrise or after midnight, then they go to Mina and they should stay there two days or three ,
and in Mina the pilgrims throw stones into three places that represent the places that the devil came to Prophet Ibrahim peace be upon him to him disobey the order of Allah and not to slaughter his son Ismail (that order was a very big test for Prophet Ibrahim) ,
and the Prophet Ibrahim stoned the divel by seven stones in each place the devil interrupted him .
when Prophet Ibrahim started to execute the order Allah send angel Gabril with a Sheep to replace the place of Ismail.
and every the muslims are performing this Sacrifice for Allah .

102 And, when he (his son) was old enough to walk with him, he said: "O my son! I have seen in a dream that I am slaughtering you (offering you in sacrifice to Allah). So look what you think!" He said: "O my father! Do that which you are commanded, Insha' Allah (if Allah wills), you shall find me of As-Sabirun (the patient)."

103 Then, when they had both submitted themselves (to the Will of Allah), and he had laid him prostrate on his forehead (or on the side of his forehead for slaughtering);

104 We called out to him: "O Abraham!

105 You have fulfilled the dream!" Verily thus do We reward the Muhsinun (good-doers - See 2:112).

106 Verily, that indeed was a manifest trial.

107 And We ransomed him with a great sacrifice (i.e. كبش - a ram);

108 And We left for him (a goodly remembrance) among the later generations.

109 "Salam (peace) be upon Ibrahim (Abraham)!"

Muslim pilgrims cast stones at a pillar, symbolising stoning Satan

Last edited by truth_teller; 10-26-2012 at 12:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam