Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 12:29 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,673,933 times

Advertisements

The letter of the messenger of Allah Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and the haughty king of Persia

A Letter to Chosroes, Emperor of Persia
"In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.
From Muhammad, the Messenger of Allâh to Chosroes, king of Persia.
Peace be upon him who follows true guidance, believes in Allâh and His Messenger
and testifies that there is no god but Allâh Alone with no associate, and that
Muhammad is His slave and Messenger. I invite you to accept the religion of Allâh. I
am the Messenger of Allâh sent to all people in order that I may infuse fear of Allâh
in every living person, and that the charge may be proved against those who reject
the Truth. Accept Islam as your religion so that you may live in security, otherwise,
you will be responsible for all the sins of the Magians."
‘Abdullah bin Hudhafa As-Sahmi was chosen to carry the letter. This envoy carried it
to the king of Bahrain but we do not know as yet if the latter despatched to Chosroes
by one of his men or chose ‘Abdullah himself.

The proud monarch was enraged by the style of the letter as the name of the
Prophet [pbuh] had been put above his own name.
He tore the letter into shreds and forthwith dictated a command to his viceroy in Yemen to send a couple of troopers to
arrest the Prophet and bring him to his presence.

The governor, Bazan by name, immediately sent two men to Madinah for the purpose. As soon as the men reached
Madinah,

the Prophet [pbuh] was informed by a Divine Revelation that Pervez, the emperor of Persia, had been murdered by his son.

The Prophet [pbuh] disclosed to them the news and they were stunned.

He added asking them to tell their new monarch that Islam would prevail everywhere and outstrip the sovereignty of
Chosroes himself.

They hurried back to Bazan and communicated to him what they heard.

Meanwhile, Sherweh, the new monarch sent a letter to Bazan confirming the
news and bidding him to stop any procedures as regards the Prophet till further notice.

Bazan, together with the Persians in Yemen, went into the folds of Islam, and gladly signified his adhesion to the Prophet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:23 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,430,082 times
Don't you know anything about Islam.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:04 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,090,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Don't you know anything about Islam.

I believe you will find very many of us have a very different understanding of Islam than you have.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I believe you will find very many of us have a very different understanding of Islam than you have.
I know that, Islam is such a nasty religion as it is written, people from different places try to re-write it into something it is not.
and many people are brainwashed into this new creation, but blind to the fact most muslims do not agree with their points.

But then, as I said numerous times, you collectively speak of muslims as though they are one big happy family.

And that is not just you, it is done on the news all the time, muslims unite, against the foe.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I know that, Islam is such a nasty religion as it is written, people from different places try to re-write it into something it is not.
and many people are brainwashed into this new creation, but blind to the fact most muslims do not agree with their points.

But then, as I said numerous times, you collectively speak of muslims as though they are one big happy family.

And that is not just you, it is done on the news all the time, muslims unite, against the foe.

I believe that is human nature at work. People within a homogeneous group, will unite if one member is attacked, even if they do not like the member that was attacked.

Sort of like 3 friends I had as a kid. three brothers, constantly beating each other up, but if an outsider so much as looked at one wrong, he had all 3 on his back.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM

But it is the group you identify with, and the group, the documentation and wants and demands, as a whole is evil.

While some muslims, probably yourself, draw from the good in Islam, you still connect with the main group, which supports an evil ideology.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:25 PM

Quote:
But it is the group you identify with, and the group, the documentation and wants and demands, as a whole is evil.

While some muslims, probably yourself, draw from the good in Islam, you still connect with the main group, which supports an evil ideology.

Like every Muslim I know I see the practice of Islam as being a very individual and personal relationship with Allaah(swt) I am Muslim because I submit to Allaah(swt) not because I belong to any group.

We are not an organized religion in the concept of having an organizational membership. world wide most Mosques are owned by the Imam and receive no financial assistence except what he himself provides. There often is no contact with other Mosques. Most Imams have no formal religious training. We do not join any Mosque we simply go to the nearest one to us for the 5 daily prayers.

If a Mosque has any specific flavor it only reflects the local community.

I know of 5 Mosques in ND

1 Minot, those who attend are mostly Air Fprce personal assigned to Minot AFB.

2, Grand Forks--Again Mostly Air force personnel assigned to the AF base at Grand Forks

3, Farg--Nearly 100% Somalian Refugees

4. Ross ND a small family owned Mosque built in the early 1900s by a family from Syria. Still quite small only enough room for 8 people to fit inside. But it is in a very ruraL area only about 6 Muslims live withing 50 miles of it

5. Bismarck again very small a spare bedroom in an individuals house.

None of the ND Mosques have an Imam, the oldest person present assumes the role.

Because this is a very Rural region nearly all Muslims say their 5 obligatory prayers in their own homes. Either parent will act as Imam. The Father usually but often the Mother if the Father is working. Nearly all Islamic learning in ND is what is passed down by the Mother of the Household.

Nearly always when I attend a Mosque I will be the Imam as I am almost always the oldest person present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam