Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:20 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I think it is wrong for governments to have such laws. I wonder if the majority of people that live in those nations want those laws, and if they do I wonder why.
Speaking just regarding the kingdoms located on the Arabian Peninsula These outside of Iran are the nations the Western world seems to want to change.

From personal experience Excluding Saudi:. The citizenship is very homogeneous, one people, one language, one religion. All the citizens have a close kinship if not part of the same family are part of the same tribe, all with ties to the Monarchy and as such share in the wealth of the nation.Notice I am not saying all residents, I am saying all citizens.

The Arabian nations do have a large number of residents that come in to work they seldom stay over a year or 2 and are just there for high paying temporary jobs. They are not eligible for citizenship and are only there temporarily. Often those are the people that disapprove of the laws.

In the Arab nations the citizenship supports the laws very strongly and there is virtually no dissension among the citizens as they share very close family and tribal ties.

Saudi is a bit different as it is more diverse and although the Citizenship are all Arabs they are from various tribes and families. There is some dissension there, but the majority still favor the strict laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
I just find it hard to understand why they would favor them. I realize often people are afraid of change, but change and growth is necessary.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I just find it hard to understand why they would favor them. I realize often people are afraid of change, but change and growth is necessary.
i don't know. I personally never worry about any laws unless there is a chance I might break one.

Oddly the only times I lived in Muslim Nations I was a Christian, but I never had any problem with staying within the law even when preaching.

I doubt if many Muslims want the strict laws because of fear. they simply see them as a way to discourage non-Muslims from moving in.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:37 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
From personal experience Excluding Saudi:. The citizenship is very homogeneous, one people, one language, one religion. All the citizens have a close kinship if not part of the same family are part of the same tribe, all with ties to the Monarchy and as such share in the wealth of the nation.Notice I am not saying all residents, I am saying all citizens.
A few minor corrections:

One language should be one written language. The spoken language is different from nation to nation and sometimes within the same nation.

Close kinship in the same tribal group; yes. In the same nation, not really. Within the same region, rarely.

Monarchy sharing the wealth? Only with their family, friends and inner circles. Past that, No.

And yes I'm saying citizens.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:37 PM

720 posts, read 705,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Examples?
Muslims say Jews have no souls, Muslims say Jews eat children, Muslims say Christians are evil infidels, Muslims say kill Christians, Jews and Zionist where ever you find them.... to name just a few...

Old 01-15-2015, 05:44 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
Muslims say Jews have no souls, Muslims say Jews eat children, Muslims say Christians are evil infidels, Muslims say kill Christians, Jews and Zionist where ever you find them.... to name just a few...
How is any of this Blasphemy??

Old 01-15-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
Somebody forgot to tell me that. Like all Muslims I believe every Jewish Prophet was a true Prophet and is in Heaven,

Shucks even as a Muslim I know Children are not kosher and no Jew would ever eat them.

It is quite difficult to marry a person we killed. We are permitted to marry Christians and Jews

Zionist does not appear in the Qur'an or Ahadith.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam