Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 10:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
I think you're quite delusional, and you keep re stating the same things but with no sources for what you're saying. You also refuse to speak to the violence that is happening there right now.

What is sharia law? | Freethought Nation This is not practiced in North Dakoa, nor or any of these practices legal in the United States.

Wanting to convert to Islam after being atheist and Christian is like deciding to live like it's the 1400's again. That just isn't logical or rational, given the other more evolved, more civilized options presented.

Egypt still using anal examinations to detect and imprison 'chronic homosexuals' - Africa - World - The Independent Is that a good example? it's not from Saudi or Iran.
I'm guessing you hate homosexuals too, though. Why else would you adopt the most intolerant religion on the planet?
I have no hatred of homosexuals. A person's sexual orientation is none of my concern unless they are imposing it upon me. I actually raised 2 teen age young men that happened to be homosexual and were kicked out by their parents. I still consider them my sons although one is now deceased.

Sharia Civil law is written contracts between consenting adults, that agree if the contract falls into dispute it will be arbitrated by a panel of Muslims.

In 30 states sharia civil contracts are recognized. In twenty they are not.
If you want to learn what Sharia is, a good place to start is study the 4 Madhabs.

I love Islam because it does not require any form of clergy. A person can still practice Islam, even if they are an invalid confined to bed and with no contact with any other Muslims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 12:53 AM

115 posts, read 261,664 times
The Koran (ISIS’ playbook) contains the following passage: “When you meet the unbelievers, strike the necks (Sura 47:4).
This, of course, is a direct diktat to behead all those who reject “the way of the prophet.”
No one understands the diktats of the Koran better than ISIS’ supreme leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi who, by the way– holds a PHD in Islamic Studies.
The ISIS “speaks for no religion” crowd is, without question, a clear and present danger.
By spreading the aforementioned lie, they close off any and all serious debate about an ideology that commands its adherents to behead all “unbelievers.”

Old 02-18-2015, 01:19 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
In the name of which religion are radicals beheading people, raping women, burning down villages, attacking shopping malls, using car bombs throughout
the world today?
Just see the actions of Boko Haram, Al Shabah, ISIS, AL Qaeda, AQMI etc.
The actions of these uncivilized barbaric savages has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with pure evil.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:28 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
The Quran contrasts Mohammed vs. Jesus which in casual conversation is even insulting to Jesus . The son of man will return to destroy the millions of terrorists in the coming Gog and Magog and Armegeddon battles . The perversion of the Quran will be a haunting memory with its origins from a maniac!

Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I have no hatred of homosexuals. A person's sexual orientation is none of my concern unless they are imposing it upon me. I actually raised 2 teen age young men that happened to be homosexual and were kicked out by their parents. I still consider them my sons although one is now deceased.

Sharia Civil law is written contracts between consenting adults, that agree if the contract falls into dispute it will be arbitrated by a panel of Muslims.

In 30 states sharia civil contracts are recognized. In twenty they are not.
If you want to learn what Sharia is, a good place to start is study the 4 Madhabs.

I love Islam because it does not require any form of clergy. A person can still practice Islam, even if they are an invalid confined to bed and with no contact with any other Muslims.
So if there is no clergy, what are the Imams then? Clearly they are like popes, or cardinals, correct?

If there were actually no leadership in Islam, they would have a power vaccuum. They don't exist with mob rule, or maybe they do? ISIS appears to be one large gang of thugs, same with Boku Haram.

Sorry for you if you are confined to your bed. That must be hard. I hardly think you are representative of a typical or real Muslim, though. You weren't raised in a Muslim family or a part of a mosque. The exception doesn't make the rule, and you sir, are an exception.

I am certain the contracts are not going to be honored if they propose things that are against American civil law. As I already mentioned, if a muslim wants to marry a child bride and he draws up a contract with him and his muslim friend for him to marry his friend's daughter, do you really think American courts are going to allow that? Hardly. So the idea of having "sharia law using contracts" is impotent because sharia law conflicts with American civil law.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:53 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
For what my opinion is worth let me share a few points of view
shared by ALL my friends some muslim ( professionally) Israeli's ( touring US) and messanics, but most bible groupies . We DO NOT HATE muslims, homosexuals,same sex couples, religions including pagans, as we desperately feel sorry for them or concerned for too many reasons not grasped by much of society. Since I'm not a game changer it's best to simply say
without charity ( love) christians like me have NOTHING so all
thats acquired from scripture, a life of obediance to the word,
worship and all the happy Jazz that I can flaunt amounts to ZERO! and maybe a minus ! ! !.....without love. Thats how God
rolls.

Old 02-18-2015, 05:57 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,016,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
For what my opinion is worth let me share a few points of view
shared by ALL my friends some muslim ( professionally) Israeli's ( touring US) and messanics, but most bible groupies . We DO NOT HATE muslims, homosexuals,same sex couples, religions including pagans, as we desperately feel sorry for them or concerned for too many reasons not grasped by much of society. Since I'm not a game changer it's best to simply say
without charity ( love) christians like me have NOTHING so all
thats acquired from scripture, a life of obediance to the word,
worship and all the happy Jazz that I can flaunt amounts to ZERO! and maybe a minus ! ! !.....without love. Thats how God
rolls.
I agree with you. God is truly about love. Islam does not teach that though. Islam is an instruction book on how a man can be the ultimate gangster/thug and control everybody around him. Abuse women, kill your enemies, kill those that speak against your religion, kill those that make fun of your prophet, kill those that are not of your religion, etc. etc..... All these things are pardoned and encouraged in Islam.

Sure you'll have peace under those conditions, because the peace you have was brought about by killing and terrorizing those who disagreed with you. Islam is a tyrannical political ideology, plain and simple. The only brotherhood possible in Islam is among fellow Muslims, but even then they kill each other over the Shi'ite / Sunni battle.

Islam is not a true religion. It is not about love, or finding God. Islam is a political ideology that exists because men want power, women, control, and dominance of those around them. It appeals only to the base nature of man. Islam is only for men, by the way, it is something that's hoisted on women, as they have few rights under Islam (except inheriting property). Women are chattel in Islam. Expendable. Kadijah is venerated only because she served Mohammad.

This discussion we are having on another thread about Sharia law conflicting with US law is yet another example of Islam is a political ideology. It is incompatible with other political systems and laws, because it IS a political system, and it has its own laws for these reasons.

Islam refuses to change or work with other religions, ideologies, or laws, and we see this played out all over the world with Muslims killing, trying to dominate, and exiling non-Muslims.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
So if there is no clergy, what are the Imams then? Clearly they are like popes, or cardinals, correct?

If there were actually no leadership in Islam, they would have a power vaccuum. They don't exist with mob rule, or maybe they do? ISIS appears to be one large gang of thugs, same with Boku Haram.

Sorry for you if you are confined to your bed. That must be hard. I hardly think you are representative of a typical or real Muslim, though. You weren't raised in a Muslim family or a part of a mosque. The exception doesn't make the rule, and you sir, are an exception.

I am certain the contracts are not going to be honored if they propose things that are against American civil law. As I already mentioned, if a muslim wants to marry a child bride and he draws up a contract with him and his muslim friend for him to marry his friend's daughter, do you really think American courts are going to allow that? Hardly. So the idea of having "sharia law using contracts" is impotent because sharia law conflicts with American civil law.
Like most Imams I am self appointed. Quite often the Imam will simply be the oldest person present to lead the prayer.
Many probably most Mosques do not have an Imam. see--As Islam Grows, U.S. Imams In Short Supply : NPR
There are over 2100 mosques in the USA but less than 700 full time Imams.Imams are not appointed by any central authority and there are no requirements established for an Imam except a Muslim is not supposed to pray behind an Imam that has no knowledge in the 5 obligatory prayers.

Every Mosque is locally run by the local community or by an individual who desires to open a Mosque. The excptions are in some Islamic Nations, Iran and Saudi Imams are State employees and paid for by the state andit is usually a cilil service job.
There is no power vacuum in Islam as practicing Islam is an individual action between the Individual and Allaah(swt)
I am not exactly confined to my bed I do get out on occasion not often but on occasion.

I was a bit more active before I married my current wife and lived in Austin texas. There I was able to attend Mosque 5 times daily and that is where because of my age I often was chosen to be the Imam,
Today age has caught up with me and most of the time our Mosque is a spare room and only my wife and I present for prayers.

A civil contract can not override any criminal law. If a person writes something illegal into a civil contract, they will be arrested on criminal charges if they do whatever they wrote.
Jn your example if a Muslim couple did a Nikkah (Sharia Marriage contract) and if either or both parties are below the state ag limit, they will be committing a criminal act and subject to arrest.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:02 AM

115 posts, read 261,664 times
Quote:

I was a bit more active before I married my current wife and lived in Austin texas. There I was able to attend Mosque 5 times daily and that is where because of my age I often was chosen to be the Imam,
A little off topic

As the Imam, what did you say? How long did the prayers last? Did you give a sermon or just say, "start praying . . . . now"

-------------

Back on Topic

In addition to the slavery that ISIS is doing I heard that they are now doing human body part harvesting as well. I know tha Quran says cut the heads, hands and feet off the disbelievers but it sounded like their harvesting internal organs too. Not much info on that yet though.

Obama say Islam is not Islamic.

Can I get a Allahu Akbar for human body part harvesting?

Old 02-19-2015, 10:40 AM

723 posts, read 806,129 times
Quote:
Like most Imams I am self appointed. Quite often the Imam will simply be the oldest person present to lead the prayer.
Many probably most Mosques do not have an Imam. see--As Islam Grows, U.S. Imams In Short Supply : NPR
There are over 2100 mosques in the USA but less than 700 full time Imams.Imams are not appointed by any central authority and there are no requirements established for an Imam except a Muslim is not supposed to pray behind an Imam that has no knowledge in the 5 obligatory prayers.
Scary !
Self-appointment could be one reason why people are becoming too radicalized because any self appointed might think he is inspired by God, he can indoctrinate then manipulate some weak-minded followers.
No-one in a catholic church can self appoint himself as a priest, it takes around 7 years after high school to study theology, philosophy etc before becoming a priest. You must be appointed by a catholic Bishop who himself is appointed by the Pope and the Pope is appointed by cardinals.
It is a chain.
Moreover on Sundays, all catholic churches all over the world read the same passage in the Bible.
For instance if it is about John 1, 1- 10, all catholics whether they are in Rome, or in a remote church in West Africa , South Asia or on pacific Island will hear at church the priest reading John 1, 1-10.
I can't speak for others such as Lutherans, but I sense they are also well -organized out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam