Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 07:30 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,172,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modernist1 View Post
When I was growing up in Britain in the 1960s and 70s, I don't remember a single British Muslim woman (as a kid I even went to an Eid dinner at the mosque with my Muslim neighbors) wearing religious garb as a matter of daily course. In the last 15 years it's become commonplace, and yes, it's divisive.
Yes, and dangerous. Faces are used for identification. Muslim terrorists can wear burkas to hide their identity and weapons. Muslim criminals do the same.

"Burqa-clad suicide bomber kills 45 in Pakistan
A burqa-clad female suicide bomber in Pakistan lobbed hand grenades, then detonated her explosive belt among a crowd at an aid center Saturday, killing at least 45 people in militants' latest strike against the authorities' control over the key tribal region bordering Afghanistan."
Burqa-clad suicide bomber kills 45 in Pakistan | Asia | News | The Independent

"Police search for missing terror suspect who escaped in burqa
Police search for missing terror suspect who escaped in burqa | UK news | The Guardian

" Burka-wearing armed robbers foiled by brave shop assistant"
Burka-wearing armed robbers foiled by brave shop assistant | UK | News | Daily Express

I'm fed up with the Muslim sense of entitlement for special treatment. The Muslims who moved to secular France, for example, refuse to accept the French laws and chose to riot in a knee jerk response to a woman being fined for illegally covering her face with a niqab and concealing her identity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2015, 09:19 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,029,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
I'm fed up with the Muslim sense of entitlement for special treatment. The Muslims who moved to secular France, for example, refuse to accept the French laws and chose to riot in a knee jerk response to a woman being fined for illegally covering her face with a niqab and concealing her identity.
Yes, France - with all its failings - still, largely one of the most civilized and developed of nations - a Western country - where many Muslims, it seems, are clambering over themselves to live. How ironic that there are a sizeable number who would challenge that secularism which has brought that same livability about. Some might call it foolish, perhaps ungracious.

Old 12-12-2015, 01:21 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,127,367 times
Quote:
Yes, France - with all its failings - still, largely one of the most civilized and developed of nations - a Western country - where many Muslims, it seems, are clambering over themselves to live. How ironic that there are a sizeable number who would challenge that secularism which has brought that same livability about. Some might call it foolish, perhaps ungracious.
It makes sense if you remember there is a considerable amount of French culture in the North African Arab Nations. It was not that long age many of them were French colonies. I found French being spoken, in North Africa, more often than Arabic as recently as the 1960s

I believe that is the same reason many Pakistanis choose to live in the UK as Pakistan was a former British colony and Pakistanis are more familiar with the UK than any other nation.

Old 12-12-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
I'd call it hateful and dangerous. The riots, the obstruction of traffic, the crime, the rapes. The terrorist attacks. We don't hear about all the violence Muslims cause:

On Novenmber 18, 2015, a Jewish teacher was attacked, insulted, taunted and stabbed in the arm and leg in the streets of Marseille by three men. One of the three was wearing an ISIS t-shirt and they showed the teacher a cell phone image of Mohamed Merah the terrorist who carried out the 2012 Toulouse and Montauban shootings as they stabbed him.

We do know about November 15, 2015. The single deadliest terrorist attack in French history. Muslims.

Last August. Thalys train attack. An attempted mass shooting occurred on a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris. Four people were injured, including the assailant who was subdued by other passengers.

Last June. Saint-Quentin-Fallavier attack. A Muslim delivery driver decapitated a man and rammed a company van into gas cylinders at the Air Products gas factory in an attempt to blow up the building.

Last April. Attack against 2 churches in Villejuif by a Muslim. He killed a woman, probably when trying to steal her car but accidentally shot himself in the leg.

Last January we was the mass shooting at the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo office in Paris. Muslims.

Last December. A man yelling "Allahu Akbar" ran over 10 pedestrians with his vehicle, killing one. A man yelling "Allahu Akbar" ran over 11 pedestrians with his vehicle. A man yelling "Allahu Akbar" attacked a police office in Joué-lès-Tours with a knife.

(From Wikipedia)

How many Muslims were stopped before they could slaughter?

And the crime. And the rape gangs. It is heartbreaking.

Old 12-13-2015, 03:59 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,029,339 times
I have to say I'm hard pushed to understand why so many young Western Muslims - women - hijabs, young men - religious beards, feel inclined to accentuate their religiosity (when in the not too distant past, one could be a Muslim without doing so). It's clearly at the cost of 'integration' - and suggests that religion overrides nationality. Perhaps that's the crux, and, yes, I think it's telling.

Old 12-13-2015, 08:15 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,660,496 times
Quote:
I have to say I'm hard pushed to understand why so many young Western Muslims - women - hijabs, young men - religious beards, feel inclined to accentuate their religiosity (when in the not too distant past, one could be a Muslim without doing so). It's clearly at the cost of 'integration' - and suggests that religion overrides nationality. Perhaps that's the crux, and, yes, I think it's telling.
The beard is definitely hero and idol-worshipping, i.e. to behave as close as possible to their idol, i.e. prophet Muhammad with the hope of a greater change to get to heaven with eternal life and virgins.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
The beard is definitely hero and idol-worshipping, i.e. to behave as close as possible to their idol, i.e. prophet Muhammad with the hope of a greater change to get to heaven with eternal life and virgins.
You will have to go back further than Muhammad(saws) to understand why we wear a beard.

Hint: It has to do with why Orthodox Jews also wear a beard along with some Christians.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:29 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,527,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Yes, and dangerous. Faces are used for identification. Muslim terrorists can wear burkas to hide their identity and weapons. Muslim criminals do the same.

I guess we should ban Halloween, then.

Old 12-14-2015, 10:33 AM

Quote:
For myself I have become more "visibly Muslim" in the past few months. I do so because many people are now equating terrorism with Islam. I feel a need for us peaceful Muslims to let the world know most Muslims do not support terrorism. The people that know me personally know I am a pacifist and will not harm another person, even in self defense. While they were a bit surprised to learn I am Muslim, I believe they have gotten the message that most of us are not a danger to them.

Old 12-14-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityTheBridge View Post
I guess we should ban Halloween, then.
If kids or adults in halloween costumes start with terrorist acts, yes. But is that happening? Is there a 'halloween ideology' that calls for this terrorism? Do people want to hide their identity with halloween masks and raise a stink if someone in court or at the drivers license bureau says to take the mask off?

Let me ask you:

Why do you want to defend followers of an ideology where the 'god' demands endless and horrible torture for all disbelievers and the prophet raped a 4th grader and owned and traded slaves and sold women and let his menn mass rape women and even joined in? Why do you want to defend followers of an ideology where terrorism and hate are demanded?

Or maybe you follow this ideology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam