Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 04:09 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,646,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The Arabic word for low is Safali, Lower is Adna and lowest is also Adna

Unlike the Indo-European languages, Arabic is a diglossia language. Meaning the Written language does not correspond to the spoken language. a somewhat complex concept when one is primarily familiar with indo-European languages. Basically what it means is the pronunciation defines the word not the spelling. Unlike English you can not sound out the pronunciation of a word by the letters. This might explain it better than I can.

The point being that pronunciation is very important and you are not going to get the pronunciation from reading. You almost need to know what is written before you read it, as you can not tell the pronunciation of a word from reading it. and without the pronunciation you will not know the meaning. Nearly every Arabic word has many meanings each meaning having the same spelling but a different pronunciation. Often there does not seem to be any relationship between the different meanings.

Unrelated Trivia: When I lived in Morocco I found the Moroccans had an interesting concept of time. basically there is only one day. the day is interrupted by periodic episodes of darkness. to ask somebody to do some thing is 2 days was essentially not understood you had to phrase it as after 2 nights. I do not know if that is unique in Morocco, but it is the only country I found it to be common in. Morocco is the Muslim Nation I lived in most often both as US military and several time as a Christian Evangelist. (Usually about a month at a time except during my military years, got to spend 2 years there then. I have a Son-in-law from Morocco. One of the chances I get to speak Darija is when I see him, which is rare. Been over 10 years since I last saw him.
If you use 'lower' to imply very low there is no issue because the area around the Dead Sea is obviously very low relative to its surroundings.
But to introduce 'lowest' point on Earth that is an issue.

Besides I stated that [lower grounds of the Dead Sea] is not the critical element of 30:3 which purpose was to inspire Muslims to continue to fight if they face defeat, e.g. Uhud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
أَدْنَى can mean near or low or lower or lowest
Note my post my post above.
If adna in 30:3 is taken as lower or very low grounds, there is no issue.

If you use 'lower' to imply very low there is no issue because the area around the Dead Sea is obviously very low relative to its surroundings. Any one with common sense can see that.
But to introduce 'lowest' point on Earth, i.e. the ultimate most lowest point on Earth [borrowing information from geologists or Guinness book of records or Wikipedia of the 21st Century] that is an issue.

Besides I stated that [lower grounds of the Dead Sea] is not the critical element of 30:3 which purpose was to inspire Muslims to continue to fight if they face defeat, e.g. Uhud.

Old 05-30-2016, 03:13 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Karl Benz invented the car
The Wright brothers invented the airplane

but Who invented the Ship?

The Messenger of Allah Noah peace be upon him invented the Ship by Allah Revelation

"And construct the ship under Our Eyes and with Our Revelation,
and call not upon Me on behalf of those who did wrong; they are surely to be drowned." The Holy Quran 11.37

Old 05-30-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Karl Benz invented the car
The Wright brothers invented the airplane

but Who invented the Ship?

The Messenger of Allah Noah peace be upon him invented the Ship by Allah Revelation
"And construct the ship under Our Eyes and with Our Revelation,
and call not upon Me on behalf of those who did wrong; they are surely to be drowned." The Holy Quran 11.37

Here a general knowledge [need further justifications] which is sufficient for the purpose.

Quote:
There is no real way to pinpoint who exactly invented the first ship or the concept of using a boat, but most historians agree that the Egyptians were the first culture to create and regularly use ships in long-distance trade, travel and exploration. Before the Egyptians, early man would lash logs together as a crude raft or hollow out logs for short-distance travel.
Who invented the first ship?
The Egyptians then were the dreaded and condemned people in the Quran and they were not Muslims then.

This is a problem with SOME insecured Muslims with low self-esteem who will seek all sorts of flimsy speculations to prop up their ego.
If Islam has really enabled them to cultivate strong spirituality to deal with the inherent existential dilemma, they would not give a damn with such speculations and confirmation bias.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:56 AM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
The battle is not yet Dead Sea is located
اHistory says it occurred in Antioch
Provided proof

[RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]

Old 05-31-2016, 10:55 PM

every thing has a name.
Who is the one who gave each thing its name ?
Who is the one who decided that the Apple is called Apple and the Tree is called Tree and the water its name is water .. etc

not necessary in English but in the first Language.

Allah is the one who named them and he taught them to our father Adam and we inherited from Adam peace be upon him.
And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. The Holy Quran 2:31

Old 05-31-2016, 11:06 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,066,648 times
[quote=truth_teller;44254606]every thing has a name.
Who is the one who decided that the Apple is called Apple and the Tree is called Tree and the water its name is water .. etc

Allah is the one who named them and he taught them to our father Adam and we inherited from Adam peace be upon him.
And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. The Holy Quran 2:31History says that the
alphabet we do, invented by the Phoenicians
And language evolved
Human ropes have a voice and the vocal chords have a certain programmine]

Old 05-31-2016, 11:25 PM

Quote:
every thing has a name.

And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. The Holy Quran 2:31
"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"

There is nothing special and less so as a miracle with 'names'.
Names are "signs" that represent something where in most cases it is a universal representation. The main purpose of 'names' are to facilitate more precise communications.

There are many critical things in relation to humans that will work without names.
Emotions and feelings themselves are sufficient for procreation and there is no need for names [linguistics] for each and every elements of procreation from start to finish. It is the same for many other human processes.

I suggest you research on the Philosophy of 'Name' to understand what the whole truth of names is about.
Names (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
In addition read up all the associated relevant topics.

It is only based on ignorance that people think there is something miraculous about 'names.'

Old 06-03-2016, 01:55 AM

sweet water and salty water are joined but they do not mix because Allah put a barrier between them and none of them can transgress.
It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water:
One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter;
yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed. The Holy Quran 25.53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IEvykdCpQ

Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 AM

Quote:
sweet water and salty water are joined but they do not mix because Allah put a barrier between them and none of them can transgress.
It is He Who has let free the two bodies of flowing water:
One palatable and sweet, and the other salt and bitter;
yet has He made a barrier between them, a partition that is forbidden to be passed. The Holy Quran 25.53

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IEvykdCpQ
This is a very stupid claim.

I do a lot of scuba diving I have seen a lot of thermocline [meeting cold and warmer water].
The general property of such evente is when two bodies of water of different quality or concentration meet they often take time to get mixed.
It can be a thermocline, halocline, Chemocline - A cline based on difference in water chemistry,
Pycnocline - A cline based on difference in water density.

Note this;
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...06_103_8x6.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
For 6 km (3.7 mi) the two rivers' waters run side by side without mixing. It is one of the main tourist attractions of Manaus, Brazil.
The same also happens near Santarém, Pará with the Amazon and Tapajós rivers. This phenomenon occurs in other regions of the world with differing characters of rivers.

This phenomenon is due to the differences in temperature, speed and water density of the two rivers. The Rio Negro flows at near 2 km per hour at a temperature of 28°C, while the Rio Solimões flows between 4 to 6 km per hour at a temperature of 22°C
Note the two bodies of water above run without mixing for 6 KM.
As such an ignorant person will think there is a barrier between the two body of water if they live within that 6 KM.
This is what happen with the authors of the Quran who wrote 25:53.

There is no barrier to the two bodies of water.
At the points where the two bodies of water meet, there is mixing going on but because they are going very slowly and in small amounts it is not noticeable.
Eventually they will be mixed.

The phenomenon can be explain scientifically;
This phenomenon is due to the differences in temperature, speed and water density of the two rivers. The Rio Negro flows at near 2 km per hour at a temperature of 28°C, while the Rio Solimões flows between 4 to 6 km per hour at a temperature of 22°C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxdiU3LJlZ8

Haloclines can happen horizontally [common] and vertically.

Haloclines are very common all over the world where two bodies of water with different concentrations meet. Obviously halocline would have existed before, during and after at the time when the Quran was compiled.

Miracle??
To believe a barrier exists and it is a miracle that Allah knows it is ignorance and stupidity.

Last edited by Continuum; 06-03-2016 at 02:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam