Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2016, 09:10 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,165,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Have you noticed that the terrorists mostly target Muslims? Do you think the majority of us support them or agree with their concept of Islam?
Yes. Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2016, 03:00 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
Yes. Yes.

Speaking for myself I do not support those I know would kill me on sight; as many members of ISIS would do if they had a chance. I also do not support any form of terrorism by anyone nor the hatred of any people because of their beliefs.

Old 07-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I also do not support any form of terrorism by anyone
You do if you support Islam.

Quote:
nor the hatred of any people because of their beliefs.
Then you are a moral agnostic. If people hold evil beliefs, they must be judged accordingly. I would not put a good person on the same level as someone who thinks terrorism is wonderful, child rape is fun and slavery is the way to go.

You lack the moral value of justice.

Old 07-03-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
You do if you support Islam.

Then you are a moral agnostic. If people hold evil beliefs, they must be judged accordingly. I would not put a good person on the same level as someone who thinks terrorism is wonderful, child rape is fun and slavery is the way to go.

You lack the moral value of justice.
You seem to be under the impression that Islam is some type of group or organization. Islam is not membership in a group, organization or obedience to earthly clergy. It is the individual action of worshiping the One God to the best of one's ability in accordance with the individuals knowledge and capabilities.

I support Islam, the worship Allaah(swt) in the manner I myself have found best (Without violating any nation's criminal or civic laws)

I do not belong to any religious denomination nor do I blindly follow any clergy. I do follow the guidance of the Hanafi school of thought as the primary basis of worship, as I find that to provide the best example of how to perform the action of Islam. Other's think differently, but it is our individual responsibility to always seek the best means to perform Islam.

Even if the Qur'an, Muhammad(saws) and Ahadith did not exist, I would still be a Muslim.
Some of the most devout Muslims in history lved before the Birth of Muhammad(saws) such as Jesus(a.s.) Hisl much loved Mother (Mary), Moses, Jonah, Job, the Apostles John, Mark, Luke and Matthew and many others (Peace be upon all of them)

Old 07-03-2016, 02:18 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
125 people killed in bomb attack in Baghdad. 25 were children. The religion of peace strikes again. Was not Joseph Smith, Emmanuel Swedenborg, Baha halulla also great seers and possible prophets? They all came after Muhammed. They get hated on, judged, and ridiculed. Yet we don't see any Swedenborgians or Mormons responding with blowing up innocent souls. I think the world is tired of Islam. Why don't the peaceful Muslims of the world form a massive army to take the fight straight to groups like ISIS? Where is the outrage? Why do Muslims cheer in Palestine and around the middle East when Jews in Israel are stabbed and shot? Why so much deep, blood curdling hate in the heart of so many Muslims? The world is weary of this religion in my opinion. All just my opinion and view.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-03-2016 at 02:28 PM..

Old 07-03-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
125 people killed in bomb attack in Baghdad. 25 were children. The religion of peace strikes again. Was not Joseph Smith, Emmanuel Swedenborg, Baha halulla also great seers and possible prophets? They all came after Muhammed. They get hated on, judged, and ridiculed. Yet we don't see any Swedenborgians or Mormons responding with blowing up innocent souls. I think the world is tired of Islam. Why don't the peaceful Muslims of the world form a massive army to take the fight straight to groups like ISIS? Where is the outrage? Why do Muslims cheer in Palestine and around the middle East when Jews in Israel are stabbed and shot? Why so much deep, blood curdling hate in the heart of so many Muslims? The world is weary of this religion in my opinion. All just my opinion and view.
I'm seeing more and more people getting fed up.

Old 07-03-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:

We are not an organized group. Islam is not a religious denomination nor an organized group. It is the individual performing the action of Islam. The majority (at least 2/3) of Muslims live in Just 6 Nations. Indonesia, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Malaysia and China. and are very small percentage of the populations of India and Chins. Although there are more Muslims inChina than most of the Arab nations and more in India than all of the Arab Nations combined

but even with that said we do frequently join together forming protests against those who do evil in the name of Islam.

A few examples:

Yes, Moderate Muslims Do Denounce Terrorism (Though the Media Ignores It) | US News

Think Muslims Haven't Condemned ISIS? Think Again - Common Word, Common Lord

Paris Attacks: Muslims Speak Out Against Terrorism

American Muslim Organizations Condemn ISIS Terrorism - StarTribune.com

Muslim Leaders Have Roundly Denounced Islamic State, But Conservative Media Won't Tell You That

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...nce-extremism/

Muslims Against Terror.com | From Nigeria To The World: We Denounce Terror!

Now as to why don't we form a huge Army and wipe out the terrorists? One reason is because we are very diverse and do not follow any central leader. Islam is very individual, not an organized religion in the concept of Christian denominations. We speak different languages, have different cultures and do not believe in physical conflict if it can be avoided. Most Islamic Nations do not have any standing military except perhaps a small token local militia. Even the World's largest Islamic nation only has a small military with a budget of only 3% of the GDP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indone...l_Armed_Forces
Although to be fair it should be noted that one of the world's smallest Islamic Nations (Saudi Arabia) has the worlds 3 rd largest military budget.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_expenditures

But it is still not a very large military force when compared to Western Nations.

Saudi Arabia Military Strength

Old 07-03-2016, 10:12 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,111 times
Turkey has the 6th largest army in the world. Pakistan, the 8th, Iran the 9th, and Egypt, the 10 largest army in the world.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 07-03-2016 at 10:42 PM..

Old 07-04-2016, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Turkey has the 6th largest army in the world. Pakistan, the 8th, Iran the 9th, and Egypt, the 10 largest army in the world.
True, but do you notice how large of a drop in size there is after the 4th largest Army.

To even think Egypt has a viable military presences is almost ridiculous. Turkey with the 6 largest army is hardly able to defend it's borders.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
True, but do you notice how large of a drop in size there is after the 4th largest Army.

To even think Egypt has a viable military presences is almost ridiculous. Turkey with the 6 largest army is hardly able to defend it's borders.
Islam is not fighting using a conventional military. It is being fought with terrorists and trickery.

Look at the performance of Western-trained Arab militaries ... abysmal. Instead Islam finds it's success in terrorism, excellent propaganda combined with brutality, intimidation, surprise, brainwashing, taking control of 'useful idiots' like the media and leftists and politicians.

Westerners are so cowed by Islam they won't even name that it is Muslims who do terrorist acts!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam