Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 01:41 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Can I be a Christian without adhering to Christianity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Why not? Acording to Khalifism, one can be a Muslim without adhering to the Quran.
I didn't ask whether I can be a Christian without adhering to the Gospels.

I had asked, can I be a Christian without adhering to Christianity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 02:55 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Nothing in this thread seems directed at general Religious or Spiritual issues. It appears to be solely about Islam. Therefore, it is being moved to the Islam forum. Please start threads in the appropriate forum.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
Islam claims to be the complete and final revelation of God, yet here are a few points that don't make sense to me.

1. Islamic theologies (Sunni - Shia: Twelver/Druze/Alawite/Sevener/Fiver) are all radically different on teachings on the Afterlife, Example: Alawites number 3-5 million and believe in the 12 Imams like the traditional Twelver Shia, yet, they also believe in reincarnation. The Druze number 1-3 million and believe in 7 Imams like the Sevener Shia. But, they also believe in reincarnation like the Alawites.
Funny how suddenly Islam has nothing to do with "Religion and Spirituality".

I now have to respond in this forum only from Islamic point of view rather than from "Religion and Spirituality" point of view.

In Islamic theology, believers should have nothing to do with sects. One is either "Muslim" or not a Muslim".

[23.53] But they cut off their religion among themselves into sects, each part rejoicing in that which is with them.

[23:54] So leave them in their heedlessness for an appointed time.

[6.159] Surely they who divided their religion into parts and became sects, you have nothing to do with them; their affair is only with Allah, then He will inform them of what they did.

Therefore, breaking into sects is against the guidance given in the Qur'an (the real Islamic theology).

Quote:
2. "Most" Islamic scholars generally teach that the Jewish and Christian Holy Books have be corrupted over time. Yet, the most Holy Islamic book (Quran) refers to Jews and Christians as "People of the Book" several times. Why would the Islamic Lord, "Allah" hold the Jews, and Christians, and also the "Mysterious Sabians" with such high Esteem, and call them "People of the Book" if their religious texts are corrupted?
Please let me explain something about the meanings of "People of the Book" first. The Qur'an does not say "People of the Books" but "People of the Book". It simply means, "People who had been sent revelations to before the revelation of the Qur'an. They were not sent a written Book but revelations through messengers and prophets. Therefore, "Book" means revelations/messages.

As I stated earlier on, the Qur'an does not say that their Books are "corrupted". It is the scholars' own idea that they are corrupted. This is what the Qur'an says:

[2.113] And the Jews say: The Christians do not follow anything (good) and the Christians say: The Jews do not follow anything (good) while they recite the (same) Book. Even thus say those who have no knowledge, like to what they say; so Allah shall judge between them on the day of resurrection in what they differ.

The Jews and Christians were reciting the same revelation that had been sent before to both Jews and those who became Christians later on.

[2.40] O children of Israel! Call to mind My favor which I bestowed on you and be faithful to (your) covenant with Me, I will fulfill (My) covenant with you; and of Me, Me alone, should you be afraid.

[2.41] And believe in what I have revealed, verifying that which is with you, and be not the first to deny it, neither take a mean price in exchange for My ayat; and Me, Me alone should you fear.

They were to believe the revelation of the Qur'an too is from Allah. The Qur'an had confirmed what was with them at the time. The Qur'an does not say that what is "with you" (at the time) is corrupted. No. Instead the charge is that they did not observe the Torah:

[62.5] The likeness of those who were charged with the Torah, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the ass bearing books, evil is the likeness of the people who reject the ayat of Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.

The Qur'an declares to the Children of Israel in which they have differing views.

[27.76] Surely this Qur'an declares to the children of Israel most of what they differ in.

Quote:
3. If God loves the Muslims, why would he make the most powerful countries of the whole world either, Secular, Christian, Communist, and arguable the lone Jewish state, as the most technologically, militarily, and economically advanced societies the world has ever seen in the 20-21st centuries? Why are nations that employ Islamic religious law "Sharia" at the state level so behind the rest of the world in the following listed above?
If any nation in the world is the most powerful, it doesn't mean that the nation is loved by God. All powerful nations bite the dust sooner or later. Babylonians were powerful. Where are they now? Egyptians pharaohs were powerful. God destroyed them. Romans and Persians were powerful. What did God do to them? Mughals were once powerful. They too have disappeared. Sun never used to set in the British empire. Now it does.

Quote:
4. In current Western literature, Islamic Sharia Law is seen as oppressing women. In Saudi Arabia, women cant drive. In Iran, a veil must be worn by all women regardless of religion. Converting to another religion is punishable by death in several Muslim-majority nations. Yet, the Quran states that a person can be any religion they desire. Strange? Yes.
Yes, the right way has been made clear but there is no compulsion in religion. Religion can't be forced upon anyone.

Old 10-15-2017, 05:23 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All religions have inconsistencies because they are human beings trying to define something beyond humanity's ability to understand.
All religions have inconsistencies because they are man made.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
All religions have inconsistencies because they are man made.
This is Islam discussion forum and not ALL RELIGIONS discussion forum.

Do you have any contribution to make in terms of Islam having inconsistencies? What are these inconsistencies?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:14 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you mean a guy talking to an angel in a cave isn't the start of doubt?

but mohammad would be as sick as jesus if he saw what fundy's did to his plan.
Aren't the "fundies" the ones that are most closely following the example of Mohammad?

Old 10-18-2017, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
you mean a guy talking to an angel in a cave isn't the start of doubt?

but mohammad would be as sick as jesus if he saw what fundy's did to his plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Aren't the "fundies" the ones that are most closely following the example of Mohammad?
Well done to notice the slip of Arach Angle!

Old 10-18-2017, 08:56 AM

827 posts, read 631,518 times
From memories, the mountains who are describe in Koran as motionless. Why science tell us the opposit.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:45 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
From memories, the mountains who are describe in Koran as motionless. Why science tell us the opposit.
hmmmmm "from memories" ....

The problem is, you most likely have a preconceived mindset of being critical to Islamic faith. And it's not a surprise of what you watch on TV and read on the internet and then blindly believing into it rather doing your own research to pierce through the fog of lies and find the truth.

And this preconceived mindset will make you very firm to not lose your ground NO MATTER WHAT evidence or logical and correct explanation is provided to you.

It primarily works and convinces the person in two situations.

1 - If you are in search of finding the signs of God to form a faith - which I assume, you are not.
2 - You have an open mind to ponder upon the information provided to mankind 1400 years ago - which I think you are not ready to do.

Otherwise, it won't make a difference to your preconceived mindset.

Anyway, this is just to correct your memory so next time it will save you from wrong usage of memory. You can then reject it all you want,,,, all because of that preconceived mindset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1C1RA5E4Ho

Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,561,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
All religions have inconsistencies because they are human beings trying to define something beyond humanity's ability to understand.
All religions have inconsistencies because they are made up by human beings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam