Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2018, 08:07 AM

371 posts, read 365,726 times

Advertisements

Just curious, What was the Message from Mohammed? Can anyone tell me? FWIW my Dad was Muslim but I wasn't raised like Muslim but now that he is dead and I am hearing so many debates I am curious what he actual message was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2018, 01:39 PM

3,640 posts, read 41,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
Just curious, What was the Message from Mohammed? Can anyone tell me? FWIW my Dad was Muslim but I wasn't raised like Muslim but now that he is dead and I am hearing so many debates I am curious what he actual message was.
Any message that Muhammed had delivered (The Qur'an) wasn't from Muhammed himself. He never claimed it as his own message but that he received it from God and that his duty was only to deliver it.

[7.203] And when you bring them not a revelation they say: Why do you not devise it? Say: I only follow what is revealed to me from my Lord; this is enlightenment, a guidance and a mercy from your Lord for a people who believe.

[10.37] And this Qur'an is not such as could be produced by those besides Allah, but it is a verification of that which is before it and a clear explanation of the Book (message as a whole from God/Allah), there is no doubt in it, from the Lord of the worlds.

Muslims would be called Muhammadans if they were following message OF Muhammed rather than the message of God as documented in the Qur'an.

Last edited by Khalif; 03-19-2018 at 01:48 PM.. Reason: additional paragraph

Old 03-20-2018, 06:18 PM

2,774 posts, read 2,669,886 times
The main message from Allah that was giving to Mahammad to deliver it to both worlds ,
the world of human and the world of jinn is monotheism by saying and confirm the saying by the heart
and behave in life based on the instructions of the final holy book the Holy Quran and the sound Hadith.
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah
and
I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.
in Arabic it sound like
Ash-hadu an-la ilaha illa Aِِllah
wa
Ash-hadu anna Muħammadan-RasuluAllah
and here in the actual Arabic letters
أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله
و
أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله
The Quran is the word of Allah and the Hadith is the saying of his messenger inspired from Allah.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:41 PM

The only message that the messenger was inspired by Allah (SWT) to deliver was the message of the Qur'an.

[5.99] Nothing is (incumbent) on the messenger but to deliver (the message), and Allah knows what you do openly and what you hide.

[13.40] And We will either let you see part of what We threaten them with or cause you to die, for only the delivery of the message is (incumbent) on you, while calling (them) to account is Our (business).

[16.35] And they who give associates (to Allah) say: If Allah had pleased, we would not have served anything besides Allah, (neither) we nor our fathers, nor would we have prohibited anything without (order from) Him. Thus did those before them; is then aught incumbent upon the messengers except a plain delivery (of the message)?

[29.18] And if you reject (the message), nations before you did indeed reject (the message); and nothing is incumbent on the messenger but a plain delivering (of the message).

The Qur'an is The Best Hadith. Any Hadith that is from Allah is identified as Al-Hadith الْحَدِيثِ in the Qur'an. Any sayings of men are identified as only "hadith" (حَدِيث ) and not Al-Hadith.

[45.6] These are the ayat of Allah which We recite to you with truth; then in what hadith would they believe after Allah and His ayat?
تِلْكَ آيَاتُ اللَّهِ نَتْلُوهَا عَلَيْكَ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ فَبِأَيِّ حَدِيثٍ بَعْدَ اللَّهِ وَآيَاتِهِ يُؤْمِنُونَ

[39.23] Allah has revealed The Best Hadith (أَحْسَنَ الْحَدِيثِ ), a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's guidance, He guides with it whom He pleases; and (as for) him whom Allah makes err, there is no guide for him.

[77.50] In what hadith, then, after it, will they believe?
فَبِأَيِّ حَدِيثٍ بَعْدَهُ يُؤْمِنُونَ

Old 04-03-2018, 03:12 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbychic View Post
You can also read his (saw) last sermon.

“O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and TAKE THESE WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (interest); therefore all interest obligations shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. Allah has judged that there shall be no interest and that all the interest due to Abbas ibn Abdul Muttalib (Prophet’s uncle) shall henceforth be waived…

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives only under Allah’s trust and with His permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, perform your five daily prayers (salah), fast during the month of Ramadan, and give your wealth in zakat (almsgiving). Perform Hajj if you can afford it.

All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor does a black have any superiority over a white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QURAN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me directly. Be my witness, O Allah, that I have conveyed your message to your people”.

Old 04-04-2018, 11:04 PM

282 posts, read 298,267 times
Prophet Mohammad was the annunciation of precedent prophets of God Allah. Jesus told his people that there is one last prophet will come proving what I told you and you should by that time follow him.

actually prophet Mohammad proved the original (Monotheism) message of Jesus (Issa) peace be upon him, and it is needless to say that true Christianity is not what Saint Paul believed in and what made Christianity just another infidel cult with followers who worship Idols, Crosses and Paintings just like Romans and Hindus :/

Monotheism means God is one

God is Almighty and doesn't need a son or wife or a helper of any kind.

God created this universe and upper and lower worlds ( he created Hell fire & Paradise ) as a Judgement for Bad and Good doers.

God thus sent down Gabriel with messages for peoples to worship him alone, to follow the people whom He has chosen as prophets ( those who preach or instruct people that God is one and we must worship him alone)

this should be a common factor to all heavenly message, thanks

Old 05-23-2018, 02:52 AM

[3.20] But if they dispute with you, say: I have submitted myself entirely to God and (so) every one who follows me; and say to those who have been given the Book and the unlearned people: Do you submit yourselves? So if they submit then indeed they follow the right way; and if they turn back, then upon you is only the delivery of the message and God sees the servants.

The message is, in reality, from God. Muhammad only delivered it. It is a message of submission (to God), otherwise known as Islam.

Old 06-16-2018, 09:26 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
I get messages from Muhammad several times a week. That's my boss's name.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:42 AM

20 posts, read 13,993 times
The splendid biography of the Prophet (Peace Be upon Him) offers lofty moral lessons and renders a great service to humanity, because it is a faithful record of the Messenger’s life, a clear mirror of his noble moral standards, his conditions, ideal qualities, as well as a guiding light sent down from Heaven to show humanity the right path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam