Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 03:23 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Well I AM lost for words..Your proof that The Islamic people are going to destroy America is based on the babblings of that old war monger Jeremiah?..Nowhere does he mention America, but blathers on about Babylon which as I understand it was the old name for Iraq, and some nonsense about the nations to the north destroying Babylon.

Again Revelation 18 only mentions Babylon...I suppose you have decided through your strange thought process that America somehow is to you Babylon.

How the heck do you get the Muslims and Russia involved in destroying America from that drivel?
Sanspeur, if you ever take the time to actually read Jer. 50, 51 and Revelation 18 you would discover that this description of Babylon does not fit the description of the ancient city of Babylon. Ancient Babylon was built in the desert, yet the Babylon that is spoken of in these prophecies speak of Babylon being built on many waters. Also the Babylon in Jer. has her own inland sea. Ancient Babylon did not. This Babylon has sea ports, ancient Babylon did not. The Babylon of Jer. has the ability to mount up to heaven. Ancient Babylon did not. The Babylon of Jer. is beyond the rivers of Ethiopia. Since Israel is the focal point of Scripture if you follow the compass heading it would take you across three oceans, and the southern polar ice cap. The first continent you would arrive at is North America. That is, of course, where the United States resides. The Babylon of Jer. states this Babylon speaks with a great voice, and the Bible states that this great voice will be silenced. Also, the Bible states that this Babylon is filled with people from other lands and is a land of mingled people. This Babylon is not just a city, for the Bible states that the cities of Babylon will be destroyed. And that this Babylon is the hindermost of the nations which confirms she is much more than a city. Also, this Babylon is said to of made the merchants of the earth wealthy because of her abundances. This Babylon glorifies herself, and the nations of the world stream to here. Also this Babylon has a great deal of Jewish people living in her, because God adresses them and warns them to flee the country before the great disaster falls upon her. This Babylon will be attacked by Northern nations in a sneak attack, and Revelation 18 tells us she will be destroyed in one hours time. Also, this Babylon exist when the Jewish people are in control of Israel and Jerusalem. This Babylon has a destroying mountain that will also be attacked by the Northern Nations, and it will be burned up. I believe this is a reference to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex. In recent days some are now saying that Cheyenne Mountain may not survive a nuclear strike. The only nation that can fulfill these prophecies is America. Now some of the prophecies could fit other nations, yet only America can fulfill all these prophecies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Campbell34 And who are these Christians that are not Christians?
They are the one's Jesus states worship Him with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Him. They are the ones who will stand before God Throne, and will tell God about all the great things they did in His name. And Jesus tells us He will look at them and say, depart from me, I never knew you.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,233,536 times
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Quote:
And Jesus tells us He will look at them and say, depart from me, I never knew you.
I know this is straight from the Bible, but it does not answer the question how you see the difference between Christians and those who only call themselves Christians.
The problem is that everyone who calls himself a Christians believes that he is a Christian Jesus will recognize.

Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
I have read all of those passages Campbell, And I have to say you would have to have quite an active imagination to come up with your scenario...I found no mention of an inland sea or many waters, but talk of deserts..In any case it seems your prophesy has already happened...

Jeremiah 51:30 The mighty men of Babylon have ceased fighting, They stay in the strongholds; Their strength is exhausted, They are becoming like women; Their dwelling places are set on fire, The bars of her gates are broken.

Jeremiah 51:31 One courier runs to meet another, And one messenger to meet another, To tell the king of Babylon That his city has been captured from end to end;

Jeremiah 50:39 "Therefore the desert creatures will live there along with the jackals; The ostriches also will live in it, And it will never again be inhabited Or dwelt in from generation to generation.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I have read all of those passages Campbell, And I have to say you would have to have quite an active imagination to come up with your scenario...I found no mention of an inland sea or many waters, but talk of deserts..In any case it seems your prophesy has already happened...

Jeremiah 51:30 The mighty men of Babylon have ceased fighting, They stay in the strongholds; Their strength is exhausted, They are becoming like women; Their dwelling places are set on fire, The bars of her gates are broken.

Jeremiah 51:31 One courier runs to meet another, And one messenger to meet another, To tell the king of Babylon That his city has been captured from end to end;

Jeremiah 50:39 "Therefore the desert creatures will live there along with the jackals; The ostriches also will live in it, And it will never again be inhabited Or dwelt in from generation to generation.

God states that he will dry up Babylons sea, and the prophecy also states that Babylon dwells on many waters. You need to read the text a little closer.

Jer. 51:36 states that Babylon has a sea. Ancient Babylon had no such sea. American does. Within the continental United States there is a sea we call lake Michigan. It's about 100 miles wide by 300 miles long. And it is considered an inland sea.

Jer. 51:13 states that Babylon dwells on many waters. This could not be a reference to ancient Babylon because she was a city built in the desert. America has the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Great Lakes to the north, the Gulf of Mexico to the south, the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers run through the center of the nation, and Alaska borders the Beauport Sea.

Ancient Babylon does not fit the description of Jer. 31 or verse 39. Her Gates were never broken nor was the city destroyed when captured. And there are people in Babylon today. The Bible states that when Babylon is destroyed, it's (cities) will burn, and Babylon will be destroyed in one hours time. This never happend to ancient Babylon. The Bible states that no one will ever be able to return to Babylon, not even to remove a stone to be used for a foundation, because the land will be polluted. It does not require imignation to understand this, only a close read of the text. Also, if Ancient Babylon was really the fulfilled prophecy, we would not have John writing about the destruction of future Babylon in the 18 chapter of the Book of Revelation. For that prophecy takes place just before the return of Jesus Christ.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34I know this is straight from the Bible, but it does not answer the question how you see the difference between Christians and those who only call themselves Christians.
The problem is that everyone who calls himself a Christians believes that he is a Christian Jesus will recognize.
People that call themselves Christians yet still follow their own will, are those who still have not given themselves to God. Those who follow the will of God often have to do things that go against their own intrest. Yet Jesus tells us His sheep hear His voice and they follow Him. Many people believe they are folloowers of Christ, but are they? Often I believe many people deceieve themselves into believeing this, yet they do so at their own perial. I have found in my own life that God often requires me to do things that I really don't care to do, yet He makes it appperent that to follow Him requires me to do so. And sometimes His leanings put me in the most aquward situations. Yet those situations aways seem to bring others closer to Christ.

Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 AM

Quote:
People that call themselves Christians yet still follow their own will, are those who still have not given themselves to God.
So you are saying that Christians should have blind faith in God?
Just like the Inquisition who believed that they were doing God's work?
The problem is that all Christians believe that they are following the will of God, otherwise they wouldn't have done the things they have done.

Last edited by Tricky D; 07-06-2008 at 08:53 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-06-2008, 08:44 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
God states that he will dry up Babylons sea, and the prophecy also states that Babylon dwells on many waters. You need to read the text a little closer.

Jer. 51:36 states that Babylon has a sea. Ancient Babylon had no such sea. American does. Within the continental United States there is a sea we call lake Michigan. It's about 100 miles wide by 300 miles long. And it is considered an inland sea.

Jer. 51:13 states that Babylon dwells on many waters. This could not be a reference to ancient Babylon because she was a city built in the desert. America has the Atlantic Ocean to the east, the Pacific Ocean to the west, the Great Lakes to the north, the Gulf of Mexico to the south, the Missouri and the Mississippi Rivers run through the center of the nation, and Alaska borders the Beauport Sea.

Ancient Babylon does not fit the description of Jer. 31 or verse 39. Her Gates were never broken nor was the city destroyed when captured. And there are people in Babylon today. The Bible states that when Babylon is destroyed, it's (cities) will burn, and Babylon will be destroyed in one hours time. This never happend to ancient Babylon. The Bible states that no one will ever be able to return to Babylon, not even to remove a stone to be used for a foundation, because the land will be polluted. It does not require imignation to understand this, only a close read of the text. Also, if Ancient Babylon was really the fulfilled prophecy, we would not have John writing about the destruction of future Babylon in the 18 chapter of the Book of Revelation. For that prophecy takes place just before the return of Jesus Christ.
Babylon (Iraq) did and does have many rivers and lakes compared to all the nations surrounding it. Lake Tharthar would certainly be considered an inland sea in those times, and it borders on a sea in the south.

The book you rely on has enough errors in it with out you jumping to huge conclusions to what it all means.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34So you are saying that Christians should have blind faith in God?
Just like the Inquisition who believed that they were doing God's work?
The problem is that all Christians believe that they are following the will of God, otherwise they wouldn't have the things they have done.
I don't believe in blind faith. And the Inquisition was a rebellion against God's Word. Hear again they were thinking they were following the will of God, and yet they rebelled against His instruction. Thats why the Bible tells us, to study His Word to show ourselves approved. Ignorance can come in many forms.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Hear again they were thinking they were following the will of God, and yet they rebelled against His instruction.
Let me try to explain it to you again: each Christian denomination believes that their interpretation of God's word is the right interpretation; which makes them believe that everyone who does not belong to their denomination and / or does not believe what they believe is ignorant.
As much as you, Campbell34, believe that your belief is right, other Christians believe the exact same things even when they do not believe what you believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam