Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 11:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Amen. Christians are perfect in every way. They are the most peaceful religion on the planet and have never been known to do anything like this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of Islam either (or Christianity or pretty much any religion for that matter) but Christians hardly have any room to talk about how they are a bunch of peace loving victims.
Same here. I am not a fan of Islam either and I think that Christians are not anymore peaceful than Islam.

I love how they seem to think that they are though. Haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 11:27 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatis View Post
Killing in the name of any god is just plain wrong and never justifiable. And on that note, you can't be any more judgmental about muslims than anyone can be about christians.

I won't deny that what they are doing is wrong - it is. But you posted this as though to say that islam is a greater cancer on the planet than christianity - and that simply isn't so.

Yes, it may have been decades ago that christians have done their things, but will you be so willing to overlook these actions as trivialy as you do now in a few decades? just because it was a long tome ago doesn't make it any less wrong or trivial.

But I guess that's how it is with religion and its followers - when they do it it's bad, when I do it isn't justifiable because it was a long time ago, or the cause was misunderstood, or because there was bias or some other excuse.

And in the end and a few hundred years from now people like you and I are going to be looking at the history of all these religions and realizing them for being the greatest cause of barbarism on the whole planet and all of this crap that has come from religion will show it to be just the way we see the greek/roman gods - obsolete.

And what now? Just because Christians haven't pulled something like this for a few years doesn't make you any less liable. Each time you condemn a religion on the basis of one being better than the other you further the wall of division between humanity. And if you think that doesn't contribute to situations like these - then there is nothing more I can say as you are totally lost.

So you're right, I'm not thinking about today and the here and now - I'm thinking about tomorrow.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You rock!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:04 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
How is this thread even 7 pages long?

Have you gotten any responses here from any arabs that could actually UNDERSTAND the youtube video???

I am confused. Was there some other link provided with an actual article?

I'll ask my Muslim Egyptian Father in Law and My Christian Egyptian Mother in Law (that have been married for over 30 years) what is going on with the Christian and Muslims over there next time I talk to him.

Then maybe I'll ask my DH what the Youtube video is all about.

Christian Arab, why didn't you give a summary of what's going on instead of linking a video that hardly anyone will be able to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
(And to other Muslims) Are you watching what your fellow Muslims in Egypt are doing to the Christian community there? Where is the tolerance, where is the peace, but most importantly, where is the outrage from the so-called moderate Muslims?

YouTube - نشرة الاخبار القبطية تتابع اخر تطورات قضيه اجتياØ* Ùˆ تهديم كنيسة السيدة العذراء برشيد

YouTube - نشرة الاخبار القبطية - Ø*ارس كنيسة العذراء برشيد يتØ*دث عن Ø*ادث اجتياØ* الكنيسة وتهديمها Ùˆ الاعتداء عليه Ùˆ على اسرته بالضرب والتهديد

Sorry mods, the above links are in Arabic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam