Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Would you like me to post some stuff that shows it isn't 100% correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
show me
Contradictions / Difficulties in the Qur'an
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 05:15 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times
Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?
  1. "We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
  2. Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!" So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).

Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
i think it is better to be specific like the above thread for kdbrich

any way here is a link that answer your link

Rebuttal to Jochen Katz' "Who suffers loss if Muhammad was wrong?" article.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?
  1. "We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)! This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
  2. Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!" So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).
Pharaoh was killed by drowning.

but his body is saved until now

The body of Pharaoh is now for more than three thousands years
lying in a Cairo museum as an open miracle of the Holy Quran

“Today I will save your dead body so that you may be a sign for those who come after you.†Qur’an, 10:92

YouTube - One of the Miracles of the Quran explained by Yusuf Estes

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
Pharaoh was killed by drowning.

but his body is saved until now

The body of Pharaoh is now for more than three thousands years
lying in a Cairo museum as an open miracle of the Holy Quran
Bypassing the argument that they even found the dead drowned body of mighty Pharaoh somewhere in the Red Sea, do you know why Pharaoh and his people were killed ???

Here, let me quote it for you. He was yet another middle easterner who failed to recognize and acknowledge "Jehovah".

Exodus 5:1-2 - "Young's Literal Translation"
Quote:
"And afterwards, Moses and Aaron entered, and they say unto Pharaoh, "Thus said Jehovah, the God of Israel, 'Send My people away, and they keep a feast to Me in the wilderness."

"and Pharaoh saith, "Who [is] Jehovah, that I hearken to His voice, to send Israel away? I have not known Jehovah, and Israel also I do not send away."
Many have wondered and questioned why did Israel's God Jehovah not just snuff out arrogant Pharaoh and the Egyptians , rather than bringing all those 10 plagues ??? Here again is the answer found in the Bible.

Exodus 9:14-16 - "Amplified Bible"
Quote:
"For this time I will send My plagues upon your heart and upon your servants and your people, that you may recognize and know that there is none like Me in all the earth."

"For by now I could have put forth My hand and struck you and your people with pestilence, and you would have been cut off from the earth."

"But for this purpose I have let you live, that I might show you My power, and that My name might be declared throughout all the earth."
Unfortunately for Pharaoh and his people, they had to find out the hard way who Jehovah actually was. No doubt it was the last word they choked on when the waters of the Red Sea came back over them.

As far as Jehovah's reputation as a superior God to others ??? The news spread throughout the then inhabited earth. Notice what the people of the land of Canaan knew when confronted with the Israelite people. Here is the example of the Canaanite people of Gibeon. You can read the entire account, but pay close attention to the Gibeonite response to Joshua who asked where they came from and why they appraoched Israel in verse 9.

Johshua 9:3-15 - "Darby Translation"
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Joshua 9:3-15;
Quote:
[8]"And they said unto Joshua, 'We are thy servants.' And Joshua said to them, 'Who are ye? and from whence come ye?'

[9]"And they said to him, 'From a very far country are thy servants come, because of the name of Jehovah thy God; for we have heard the fame of him, and all that he did in Egypt.'"
The situation is similiar today. At an appointed future time, all nations and religions who borrow from wicked Pharaoh, the words, "Who is Jehovah, so that I should listen to his voice", will be forced to acknowledge ancient Israel's God. The same God that modern day Israel and modern day Christendom now reject.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:17 PM

Almighty Allah decided to put an end to Pharaoh's crimes after He had given him several chances. Allah commanded Moses to depart, and the children of Israel received reluctant permission from the Pharaoh to go out of the city for the feast.

They prepared themselves to leave Egypt. This later became known as Exodus. They carried with them their jewels and borrowed a lot of jewels from the Egyptians.

In the darkness of night, Moses led his people towards the Red Sea, and in the morning they reached the beach. By then Pharaoh was aware of their departure, so he mobilized a huge army to pursue them.

The impatient children of Israel soon became agitated and Joshua (Yusha), Ibn Nun, exclaimed:

"In front of us is this impassable barrier, the sea, and behind us the enemy; surely death cannot be avoided!"

Moses replied that he would wait for further guidance from Allah.

These words filled them with some hope, but man is always impatient for results: they were willing to surrender themselves back into slavery.

At that moment Allah revealed to Moses:
"Smite the sea with your staff!"
Moses did as he was commanded.
A fierce wind blew, the sun shone brightly, and in a flash the sea parted, the crests of the waves standing like mountains on each side.

Moses led his people across. This miracle proved Moses's oft-repeated claim.
"Verily! My Lord is with me!"

As they looked back, they saw Pharaoh and his army approaching, about to take the very path which had been opened for them. In great fear and panic, they pleaded with Moses to ask Allah to close the sea. However, Allah commanded Moses not to smite the sea with his staff again, for Allah's decree was already in action.

Pharaoh and his army had seen the miracle, how the sea had parted, but being the pretender that he was, Pharaoh turned to his men and proclaimed:

"Look! The sea has opened at my command so that I may follow those rebels and arrest them!"

They rushed across the parted waters, and when they were midway, Allah commanded the sea to return to its former state.

Terror-stricken Pharaoh, realizing his end had come, declared out of fear: "I believe that there is no god worthy of worship except Allah in Whom the children of Israel believe, and I am of those who surrender to Him." But Allah did not accept this declaration from the tyrant, and the waters closed over him, drowning him and his entire army.
Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)

Old 02-20-2009, 11:30 PM

And We inspired Moses, saying: "Take away My slaves by night, verily, you will be pursued."

Then Pharaoh sent callers to all the cities. Saying: "Verily! These indeed are but a small band. And verily, they have done what has enraged us; but we are host all assembled, amply fore-warned."

So, We expelled them from gardens and springs, treasures, and every kind of honorable place.

Thus (We turned them Pharaoh's people) out, and We caused the children of Israel to inherit them.

So they pursued them at sunrise. And when the two hosts saw each other, the people of Moses said: "We are sure to be overtaken."

Moses said: "Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me."

Then We inspired Moses saying: "Strike the sea with your stick." And it parted, and each separate (part of that sea water) became like the huge, firm mass of a mountain.

Then We brought near the others (Pharaoh's party) to that place. And We saved Moses and all those with him. Then We drowned the others. Verily! In this is indeed a sign (or a proof), yet most of them are not believers. And verily, your Lord! He is truly the All-Mighty, the Most Merciful."
(Ch 26:52-68 Quran)

In another surah Almighty Allah narrated:

And We took the children of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh with his hosts followed them in oppression and enmity, till when drowning overtook him,
he sai: "I believe that La ilaha illa huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but) He, in whom the children of Israel believe, and I am one of the Muslims (those who submit to Allah's Will)."

Now (you believe) while you refused to believe before and you were one of the mufsideen (evildoers, corrupts, etc.). So this day We shall deliver your dead body out from the sea that you maybe a sign to those who come after you! And verily, many among mankind are heedless or our Ayah (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.).
(Ch 10:90-92 Quran)

The curtain fell on Pharaoh's tyranny, and the waves threw his corpse up to the western seashore. The Egyptians saw him and knew that their god whom they worshipped and obeyed were mere slaves who could not keep death away from their own necks.

In spite of Pharaoh's death, he left a bad influence on the souls of the children of Israel.

It was difficult for the years of oppression and intense humility to pass easily. He had made them accustomed to humbling themselves and submitting to someone other than Allah.

He had so suppressed their souls and spoiled their nature that they began to torture Moses (pbuh) out of ignorance and obstinacy.

The miracle of the parting of the sea was still fresh in their minds, damp sea sands were still stuck on their soles, when they passed by a people worshipping idols.

Instead of manifesting their indignation at the idolaters' oppression of the intellect by celebrating the praises of Allah for His guidance,

they looked to Moses for him to specify a god for them to worship as those other people did. They were jealous of the other people and their idols, and they desired the same. They missed the ancient idolatry which they had lived with during the reign of Pharaoh.

for full details for Moses story
Story of Prophet Musa/Moses and Haroon/Aaron (pbut)

Old 08-31-2009, 07:06 AM

100 posts, read 155,754 times
thank's moonsun ............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam