Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 PM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMtnsOnTheMind View Post
They should feel isolated and offended. What productive citizen kills their family members? It's not going to go away if you are silent about it. The world and those of us in it have a responsibility to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves. There are thousands, if not millions of Muslim women who have no voice that are potential victims of honor killings. If you and I don't say something, who will speak for these victims? You know as well as I do that society just sweeps it's dirt under the rug without so much as a whisper. Muslim men have to accept the fact that society will not tolerate honor killings even if it is a cultural thing.
is that guesses ?!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 11:00 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
Don't shoot the messenger. I have heard many people on this board claim that violence in Islam is limited primarily to Jihad Radicalists. Just pointing out the fact that it is NOT limited to a radical few but increasingly moderates as well.

I don't think you can compare thousands upon thousands (perhaps in the Millions) of honor killings to Andrea Yates who was found to be medically insane.
Mrs. Mtns. someone already beat you to this thread topic.

Where's your evidence of the above bolded statement?

You think someone who can cut off someone's head is not insane? I mean really.......

Old 02-21-2009, 11:04 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,349,962 times
Quote:
For those who think Moderate Muslims are exempt from the violence held by radical Muslims, you've got another thing coming.

On February 12, Muzzammil Hassan went to the police station in the Buffalo suburb of Orchard Park and told police that his wife was dead and that her body could be found at his business, Bridges TV. Officers went to the location and found the decapitated body of 37-year-old Aasiya Hassan. They charged her 44-year old husband with second degree murder.

Authorities say the woman had recently filed for divorce from her husband. Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III told The Buffalo News that "Obviously, this is the worse form of domestic violence possible."

Brigitte Gabriel, founder and president of ACT! for America and author of They Must Be Stopped: Why We Must Defeat Radical Islam and How We Can Do It, says this incident is more than just domestic violence.

"He killed her according to the Islamic way," she notes. "And this is the guy who was being touted as the moderate Muslim. He is the president and founder of Bridges TV, where he was trying to create bridges between the Muslim world and the Western world, trying to show the Western world what Islam is truly about, to go against the stereotype what Muslims are all about."

Brigitte GabrielAnd Gabriel says Hassan was honored by the Council on American Islamic Relations, or CAIR. "CAIR gave him an award. And we know that CAIR -- just like many other Islamic organizations -- is nothing more than a front for the Muslim Brotherhood operating in the United States," she contends. "We know that CAIR is for sure a front for Hamas, and so anybody who has ever been associated with CAIR is somebody we have to look at and scrutinize."
Moderate muslims are not exempt from lunacy.

Why would you think they would be?

"According to the Islamic way" What is that exactly?? Your wife pisses you off so you behead her???

I better watch out and hide all the big knives from my DH then.......

And don't act like we don't have all sorts of domestic violence in this country. What's our excuse?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:53 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
Sorry, that does not make sense. Try rephrasing what you really mean.
I quite clearly said exactly what I mean. It's not my fault if you don't understand a few simple sentences.

I don't think you're particularly outraged that some guy killed his wife; what I do think is that you're jumping on this as a specific reason to paint all Muslims in a bad light. Good on ya. You've gotten across the message that you have disdain for Muslims simply because they don't belong to the same religion that you do. I prefer bigotry to be out in the open rather than hidden. It makes it easier to spot the people that should be avoided.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:11 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
is that guesses ?!!!!
Unfortunately it is because the victims of honor killings are silenced and the families go unpunished. Muslims hide their crimes very well and those who are caught are given leniency by Muslim judges.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:15 AM

1,113 posts, read 2,520,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytotwo View Post
Moderate muslims are not exempt from lunacy.

Why would you think they would be?

"According to the Islamic way" What is that exactly?? Your wife pisses you off so you behead her???

I better watch out and hide all the big knives from my DH then.......

And don't act like we don't have all sorts of domestic violence in this country. What's our excuse?
Are you saying that the Muslim religion is creating lunatics? Because there are an awful lot of them out there who are committing these crimes. Perhaps you should hide the knives.....you obviously can't teach your children anything but Islam from your previous posts, so keep defending the faith because now you are stuck in it.

Yes domestic violence is a problem in this country, however, Americans don't go around beheading our citizens.....that is reserved for the Muslim faith.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:30 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,105 times
Quote:
Unfortunately it is because the victims of honor killings are silenced and the families go unpunished. Muslims hide their crimes very well and those who are caught are given leniency by Muslim judges.
how did you knew , if they are silenced ?
are you work for CIA !

Old 02-22-2009, 07:56 AM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Yes domestic violence is a problem in this country, however, Americans don't go around beheading our citizens......
Yes they don't cause there's drowning, shooting, stabbing, poisoning

Old 02-22-2009, 08:18 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Yes people kill other peple all the time....but I think the reason this story is especially relavent is that killing someone by beheading them is fairly rare in this country....at least in my perception it is.

I do understand those who say it doesn't matter how you kill someone....they are still dead. That certainly is true....but beheading someone does seem to be an expecially gruesome way to kill someone....almost seems more like a personal attack than just wanting them dead and shooting them or something like that.

And of course, you combine that with the fact that Muslims do largly seem to have less respect for women....and especially one who would dare to divorce her husband....and you can see how this story would have legs. Also the fact that this very man was in the business of promoting the moderate views of muslims....which obviously was a spectactular failure in his case.

Question for some of you, if you were faced with the fact that you were going to be executed, what method would you pick if given the choice ? Beheading, gunfire, lethal injection, electric chair, stoning, asphyxiation or any other method you can think of.

Personally beheading would not be my first choice.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwill View Post
honour killings is real and justified in your holy book "bible" , i challange you to give me one verse justifies it in islamic teaching
I don't have to, Elwill......plenty of Imams in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, amongst Bedouins, and Iran have already done so. You have pointed out before that such things as honor killings are more cultural then Islamic -- and you are right. But, in those cultures the Imams back up the practice by contorting the Koran to justify it. In other words, your religion is being twisted to condone the murder of women. What are you - an honorable muslim man - going to do about that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam