Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:38 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

June wrote:
Quote:
My dear, sweet man: You planning on having anything to drink at the wedding we're attending together up in Maine?

June: Just planning ahead!
Of course I am. Having drinks after a wedding is mandatory, it's the law!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 08:50 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
I didn't say I think it was written in poor taste. I'm just glad I don't have the bible telling me how to have sex.
Which is why you never see anybody using the Bible to condemn relationships between two consenting adults who happen to be of the same gender.

Oh...Snap.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:05 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
[
women vary greatly in their development and their physical readiness for marriage.

When a girl's body starts showing up (her breasts and her height and physical size), then she would be ready for marriage.
We're talking about a 6 year-old CHILD, who is widely believed to have been raped by her husband when she was NINE. If you truly believe she was "ready", and this is fine, then I fear for the children who live near you.

Disgusting. Have we not evolved at all? "It was accepted then" is no excuse.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:34 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
This thread remind me of the quote i once read:

"Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't! "
~ George Bernard Shaw

Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM

7,997 posts, read 12,276,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

"God help atheist June!"

Old 05-31-2009, 09:51 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Which is why you never see anybody using the Bible to condemn relationships between two consenting adults who happen to be of the same gender.

Oh...Snap.
Have you even read this thread? Telling two men not to have sex, or telling a person not to have sex with an animal, is not the same as the Quran telling people how to have sex.

Even if the bible doesn't condemn homosexuality (which I never said it does), no where does it tell the people how to do it.

But thanks for your input.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:55 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Have you even read this thread? Telling two men not to have sex, or telling a person not to have sex with an animal, is not the same as the Quran telling people how to have sex.

Even if the bible doesn't condemn homosexuality (which I never said it does), no where does it tell the people how to do it.

But thanks for your input.
I'm failing to see how telling people who they can have sex with is not the same as telling them how they can have sex.

And really? REALLY? You can get a warning for saying "Google is your friend" but you can accuse people of not even having read the thread. Geeeez. Yes, I read the damn thread, and I still say Christianity does the same damn thing as Islam when it comes to sexual relationships, and all the other confounded religions.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:01 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
I'm failing to see how telling people who they can have sex with is not the same as telling them how they can have sex.

And really? REALLY? You can get a warning for saying "Google is your friend" but you can accuse people of not even having read the thread. Geeeez. Yes, I read the damn thread, and I still say Christianity does the same damn thing as Islam when it comes to sexual relationships, and all the other confounded religions.
Testy, testy. Can I say, take a pill, and chill? Sheesh.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:39 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
June wrote:

Sometimes it is needed before the wedding too.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:20 AM

37,469 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Hmm, okay there is a sub-text going on here. Please do forgive my ignorance, or if I am stepping on toes here.

MontanaGuy and June; if you folks are getting hitched soon, please, please do discuss every topic including the OP, before drinking and before the nuptials.

It does not simply work outself out in time, without discussion.

If you go into marriage with differing assumptions about intimacy, it does get worse as time goes by.

Please, get it all discussed before marriage.

I learned this lesson via the hard path, and it can make life very miserable.

I agree that you do not 'want' advise on this topic from a celibate priest, that makes no sense at all. But you do need to discuss the topic between yourselves long and detailed before any nuptials.

No drinking, no nuptials, discuss then move on.

May God bless you.

[and of course if I am off-base, then fine beat me with a wet noodle and I will hide in the corner]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam