Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 12:17 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
here is another.

16:67 And of the fruits of the date-palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who have sense.

2:219 Strong drink and games of chance. Say: In both is great sin.

These are the two ayat and their explanation:

The aya 16: 67
وَمِن ثَمَرَاتِ النَّخِيلِ وَالأَعْنَابِ تَتَّخِذُونَ مِنْهُ سَكَرًا وَرِزْقًا حَسَنًا إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لآيَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يَعْقِلُونَ

The explanation:
(And of the fruit of the palms and the grapes you [people] take therefrom sweet things and good provision; surely, in that is a sign for a people who have sense. )

The word سَكَرًا not سُكرًا : it means sweet things that people make like the jam and fruit juices and dibis which is the date syrup.

The aya 2: 219
يَسْأَلُونَكَ عَنِ الْخَمْرِ وَالْمَيْسِرِ قُلْ فِيهِمَا إِثْمٌ كَبِيرٌ وَمَنَافِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَإِثْمُهُمَآ أَكْبَرُ مِن نَّفْعِهِمَا

The explanation:
(They ask you [Mohammed] about the wine and gambling.

Say: "In both of them is great sin, and [some] benefits to people, but the sin of the two is greater than the benefit.")

So where is the contradiction, rancorous people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanuagemaniac View Post
I m just laughing at your words))) and I again understood that most Muslims are not open to be criticized.On the other hand, I read quran 4 times and I think you have to read this book over and over again without being conditioned especially on the subjects sharing of inheritance, war, abrogation!

Speak whatever you want, we are ready by God's help to turn your laughing into disappointment.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
you mean that hadiths are not included in islam?
The hadiths and the Quran

The hadiths (or prophetic traditions) are included in the Islam; but while the Quran as a whole is authentic, not all the hadiths are authentic:

in other words, there are some fabricated hadiths attributed to the Prophet that he said such hadiths, while in fact he did not say such hadiths; therefore we should compare any hadith to the Quran:

if such hadith confirms the Quran --> then it is correct and authentic, while if any hadith contradicts the Quran --> then it is fabricated and false.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
4:110 - Yet whoso doeth evil or wrongeth his own soul, then seeketh pardon of Allah, will find Allah Forgiving, Merciful.

4:137 - Those who believe, then disbelieve and then (again) believe, then disbelieve, and then increase in disbelief, Allah will never pardon them.

Allah for forgive all the sins even the sins in second verse.

the punishment in the second verse apply to those who continued in disbelieve until the end of thier life or until the day when the sun rise from the west.

the door of forgiveness and repent is open all the time but it close when the soul reach to the throat then it is closed only for the dying one.

and there is a general close for every one and that is when the sun rise from the west and that is one of the biggest sign for the Day of Judgment.

Say: "O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah. for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

"Turn ye to our Lord (in repentance) and bow to His (Will), before the Penalty comes on you: after that ye shall not be helped.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 AM

25 posts, read 45,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Speak whatever you want, we are ready by God's help to turn your laughing into disappointment.
YUSUFALI: Allah (thus) directs you as regards your Children's (Inheritance): to the male, a portion equal to that of two females: if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance; if only one, her share is a half. For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children; if no children, and the parents are the (only) heirs, the mother has a third; if the deceased Left brothers (or sisters) the mother has a sixth. (The distribution in all cases ('s) after the payment of legacies and debts. Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit. These are settled portions ordained by Allah; and Allah is All-knowing, Al-wise.

According to the instruction given in Quran 4.11, 12 and 176, if a man dies and leav behind a wife, three daughters and his two parents, His wife’s share of his inheritance is 1/8. (In what ye leave, their share is a fourth, if ye leave no child; but if ye leave a child, they get an eighth) His daughters would receive 2/3 (if only daughters, two or more, their share is two-thirds of the inheritance and his parents each will get 1/6 of his inheritance. (For parents, a sixth share of the inheritance to each, if the deceased left children When you add all these fractions the sum is more than the total of inheritance. Wife1/8 = 3/24 Daughters 2/3 = 16/24 Father 1/6 = 4/24 Mother1/6 = 4/24 Total = 27/24

it doesnt add up to 1.if you are able to answer this question in a logical way, I will be a muslim.
I think allah doesnt know accounting or mohammad wrote this book.which one is logical do you think?

Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The hadiths and the Quran

The hadiths (or prophetic traditions) are included in the Islam; but while the Quran as a whole is authentic, not all the hadiths are authentic:

in other words, there are some fabricated hadiths attributed to the Prophet that he said such hadiths, while in fact he did not say such hadiths; therefore we should compare any hadith to the Quran:

if such hadith confirms the Quran --> then it is correct and authentic, while if any hadith contradicts the Quran --> then it is fabricated and false.
what about marriage between Mohammed and Aisha supported by the hadith book BUHARİ the most authentic one in the muslim world.

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Umm Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said:

- Best wishes and God's Blessing and a good luck.

Then my mother entrusted me to them and they neatly prepared me . Unexpectedly God's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.”

Aisha was a child who was playing in a swing when she was taken to Muhammad’ arms. In other words, Muhammad , at the age of 52 , *had an intercourse *with this child. *
When a girl reaches the age of 9, she becomes the “subject of lust” in Islamic tradition:

As Aisha was engaged into intercourse with Muhammad at the age of 9, Islamic law (Sharia) derives from this hadith the following: “A girl of 9 years old is at the age suitable for sexual intercourse. And because of this reason, it is lawful to marry a girl of 9 years old. “

Aisha grew up as Muhammad’s wife and at the age of 18-19 she became a very young widow like some other wives of Muhammad when he died. And she was forbidden to marry again as she and other wives were considered as the mothers of all Muslim believers.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 AM

contradictions going on....

abrogation in quran.

[b]Surah 16:101

]When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not.

None can change the words of God;
-- Sura 6:34

Does the concept of the abrogator and abrogated, changing in the quran verses, cancelling and abating them accord with the verity of the quran being infinite in a conserved tablet?So did the cancellation or change happen also in the conserved tablet? or had the conserved tablet revised or modified versions? and when the prophet forgot some verses, arent they supposed to exist in the conserved tablet ( levhi mahfuz in arabic) so why he didnt send Gabriel again to remind him with what he had forgotten.

The rocky tract chapter( suratul Hicr): It is we who have sent down the quran and surely we will guard it.

So according to the quran, god guards his words from changing or alternation and what is abrogation? it is nothing but changing and alternation of the quran so , how did that happen?

the most hazardousness of the abrogation is in the verse of the women chapter en Nisa the women ayah 82.Had it been from other than allah, they surely have found therein much contradiction

is not enough to have 550 quran verses that had been abrogated changed or replaced from the quran to prove the presence of much contradictionand to saatisfy the reqirement set forth by the verse implied....

http://www.fatherzakaria.net/books/q...20-Episode.pdf

to be continued.....

Old 09-27-2009, 10:37 AM

Those who believe (in the Quran) and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures) and the Christians and the Sabians, - Any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord: on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. 2:62

assume that I believe only one god and the judgement day and ı m a good person then, even if I reject the verses of quran, I ll go to heaven.proof is in the bold sentence

Old 09-27-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
what about marriage between Mohammed and Aisha supported by the hadith book BUHARİ the most authentic one in the muslim world.

The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Umm Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said:

- Best wishes and God's Blessing and a good luck.

Then my mother entrusted me to them and they neatly prepared me . Unexpectedly God's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.”

Aisha was a child who was playing in a swing when she was taken to Muhammad’ arms. In other words, Muhammad , at the age of 52 , *had an intercourse *with this child. *
When a girl reaches the age of 9, she becomes the “subject of lust” in Islamic tradition:

As Aisha was engaged into intercourse with Muhammad at the age of 9, Islamic law (Sharia) derives from this hadith the following: “A girl of 9 years old is at the age suitable for sexual intercourse. And because of this reason, it is lawful to marry a girl of 9 years old. “

Aisha grew up as Muhammad’s wife and at the age of 18-19 she became a very young widow like some other wives of Muhammad when he died. And she was forbidden to marry again as she and other wives were considered as the mothers of all Muslim believers.

This is not authentic narrations which are not prophetic, but ascribed to the wife of Prophet Mohammed - salam be to him.

There are many other narrations ascribed to this noble wife of the Prophet, when she did not in fact said such words.

There is nothing like that in the Quran.

The rancorous take any words, without ascertaining whether it is true or false, which indicate they are not god-fearing.

I think if truly Mohammed married this noble woman, it may be at least 15 years or older.

Old 09-27-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
contradictions going on....

abrogation in quran.

Surah 16:101

]When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not.

None can change the words of God;
-- Sura 6:34

Does the concept of the abrogator and abrogated, changing in the quran verses, cancelling and abating them accord with the verity of the quran being infinite in a conserved tablet?So did the cancellation or change happen also in the conserved tablet? or had the conserved tablet revised or modified versions? and when the prophet forgot some verses, arent they supposed to exist in the conserved tablet ( levhi mahfuz in arabic) so why he didnt send Gabriel again to remind him with what he had forgotten.

The rocky tract chapter( suratul Hicr): It is we who have sent down the quran and surely we will guard it.

So according to the quran, god guards his words from changing or alternation and what is abrogation? it is nothing but changing and alternation of the quran so , how did that happen?

the most hazardousness of the abrogation is in the verse of the women chapter en Nisa the women ayah 82.Had it been from other than allah, they surely have found therein much contradiction

is not enough to have 550 quran verses that had been abrogated changed or replaced from the quran to prove the presence of much contradictionand to saatisfy the reqirement set forth by the verse implied....

http://www.fatherzakaria.net/books/q...20-Episode.pdf

to be continued.....

There is no “Abrogation” in the Quran

[b]All the Quran is unchangeable

Some of Jews and Christians object to Muslims saying that there is, in the Quran, what is called “abrogation” –as you claim, O Muslims, i.e. that one Quranic revelation will abrogate another Quranic revelation and annul its law and stand instead of it; whereas the Torah [: the Hebrew Bible] and the Gospel, both of them have no such “abrogation”.

I say that Muslims have not understood the “similitude” or "al-mutashabih" in the Quran [that is to say: the mysterious Quranic revelations]; for this reason they considered the “abrogation”; because - in the Quran – there are: plain revelations, and “similitudes” [i.e. mysterious revelations.]

The ‘plain’ ayat or revelations are obvious and their meaning is clear.

While the ‘similitudes’: these are the signs or revelations having mysterious meaning, and one cannot understand their meaning unless after knowing their interpretation; because they include puzzles.

But God –be exalted – promised to explain them if the idolaters are unable to understand them and to know the solution of their puzzles.

Certainly, there is no “abrogation” in the Quran, but all of it is unchangeable.

The indication of that is His saying-be exalted- in the Quran 10: 65
لَهُمُ الْبُشْرَى فِي الْحَياةِ الدُّنْيَا وَفِي الآخِرَةِ لاَ تَبْدِيلَ لِكَلِمَاتِ اللّهِ ذَلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

The explanation:
(For them is good tidings in the life of this World and in the Hereafter –No change can there be in the words of God –That [indeed] is the supreme success.)

And there are many other ayat indicating this meaning: that the word of God is unchangeable.

But the Torah is abrogated and the Quran is the abrogating: the Quran statements abrogated or annulled the statements of the Torah and stood in stead of them. Because the Quran is more recent than the Torah, and its commands are newer and the Quran came to correct many mistakes and distortions that took place in the Torah of Ezra.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam