Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 10:56 PM

179 posts, read 295,105 times

Advertisements

When I was in the Army day in and day out all we would hear was "Terrorist's want to destroy america" but more often than not it was "Muslims want to destroy america and it's allies" We would hear this "Indoctronation" everyday all day long "Terrorist's this, Musims that" Some went as far as to say "That the sword was their heritage and that the muslims all hate israel and america" Some soldiers who were muslim had to hide the fact that they where muslim out of fear of being "singled out" some were made fun of, others even got beat up. But, I always wondered WHY? Why are terrorists "Muslim"? Why the synonamousness (spelling?) I've read the koran cover to cover and Islam is a religion of peace. What is it that the clerics use to indoctronate good Muslims into terrorists? I was in Iraq and can tell you that the good people far outnumber the bad. Where does it all come from? Please explain this to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 11:19 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
When I was in the Army day in and day out all we would hear was "Terrorist's want to destroy america" but more often than not it was "Muslims want to destroy america and it's allies" We would hear this "Indoctronation" everyday all day long "Terrorist's this, Musims that" Some went as far as to say "That the sword was their heritage and that the muslims all hate israel and america" Some soldiers who were muslim had to hide the fact that they where muslim out of fear of being "singled out" some were made fun of, others even got beat up. But, I always wondered WHY? Why are terrorists "Muslim"? Why the synonamousness (spelling?) I've read the koran cover to cover and Islam is a religion of peace. What is it that the clerics use to indoctronate good Muslims into terrorists? I was in Iraq and can tell you that the good people far outnumber the bad. Where does it all come from? Please explain this to me.
From the Sunnah. The hadiths that Muhammad used to corrupt the principles of peace and launch his bloody conquest. There are 199 references to jihad in the most standard collection of hadith, Sahih al-Bukhari, all assume that jihad means warfare.

Fighting for the Cause of Allah (Jihaad)
Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Book 52

Muslim traditionalists see that the world is divided into two houses: the House of Islamic Peace (Dar al-Salam). . . in which Muslim governments rule and Muslim law prevails . . . and the House of War (Dar al-Harb), the rest of the world, still inhabited. The presumption is that by natural law these domains will compete and fighting is inevitable . . . therefore the duty of jihad will continue (interrupted only by truces) . . . until all the world either adopts the Muslim faith or submits to Muslim rule.

The stumbling block is the complete lack of a compromise position in Islam from which to establish tolerance for diversity. There isn't any in their raison d'etre.. The Islamic definition of tolerance is dhimmitude under ISLAMIC RULE . . . everything else is a temporary TRUCE state. They are very PATIENT and they view us as an INFANT culture and society compared to theirs.They truly do expect the whole world to eventually be under Islamic rule. They are in no hurry. So which, exactly, are the non-extremists??

Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 AM

118 posts, read 180,835 times
Terrorists are the nature of Muhammad. THey are the hands of Muhammad. They share the same murderous need to jealously control other people into worshoping Muhammad over the one true God, or any other God. Less "extreme" Muslims make up excuses for all the evil Muhammad is and the atrocities the religion sanctions. Islam is a prison. There is no freedom of religion, only submission to the perversion of Muhammad's uneducated, jealous views. THe Koran is about forcing people away from the one true God.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Terrorists are the nature of Muhammad. THey are the hands of Muhammad. They share the same murderous need to jealously control other people into worshoping Muhammad over the one true God, or any other God. Less "extreme" Muslims make up excuses for all the evil Muhammad is and the atrocities the religion sanctions. Islam is a prison. There is no freedom of religion, only submission to the perversion of Muhammad's uneducated, jealous views. THe Koran is about forcing people away from the one true God.
Christianity was like that for almost 500 years, I wonder if islam can reform itself, just a little faster...

Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Christianity was like that for almost 500 years, I wonder if islam can reform itself, just a little faster...
Christianity was NEVER like Islam. There were those that, like Muhammad, took God's name in vain (Which means using God as an excuse for doing evil), but, unlike Muhammad, did it under under the guise of Christianity. Muhammad's mask was that of a prophet.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:33 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bag-Of-Hammers View Post
Christianity was NEVER like Islam. There were those that, like Muhammad, took God's name in vain (Which means using God as an excuse for doing evil), but, unlike Muhammad, did it under under the guise of Christianity. Muhammad's mask was that of a prophet.
“Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work,”
“The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will.”
Adolf Hitler
Mein Kampf

Old 12-14-2009, 07:41 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
OH Wait I forgot the St Bartholemew's Massacre, instigated AND celebrated by Pope Gregoray XIII

Oh yeah the IRA

The Ku Klux Klan

Spanish Inquistion

Christianity WAS like Islam. It is just that it has lost it's power in the 21st century as opposed to the Dark Ages .... Islam is maybe still in the Dark Ages. Religions come and go. That is a socio-evolutionary fact.
Check back in a couple thousand years. Something better will have some along and replaced even the next best thing.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
“Therefore, I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work,”
“The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will.”
Adolf Hitler
Mein Kampf

Adolf and Muhammad would get along very well.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
OH Wait I forgot the St Bartholemew's Massacre, instigated AND celebrated by Pope Gregoray XIII

Oh yeah the IRA

The Ku Klux Klan

Spanish Inquistion

Christianity WAS like Islam. It is just that it has lost it's power in the 21st century as opposed to the Dark Ages .... Islam is maybe still in the Dark Ages. Religions come and go. That is a socio-evolutionary fact.
Check back in a couple thousand years. Something better will have some along and replaced even the next best thing.

I tend to think it has to do with all the religions in the world brought to God's judgement. Revelations comming to pass. Those that do not speak the truth about Jesus (like Islam, for instance) will have Revelation's bad Karma apon them. Soon, I pray. Islam is in the state of chaos it's in because it is a false religion. It is the works of a false prophet with a jealous need to control people. THe problem with Islamist terrorism is the religion itself. When we all wake up to that fact, we can start our fight against Islam. Revelations suggests to me that preaching sharply is what is needed. We need to absorb the deity of the Rider in Rev 19. They are ripe for it.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 PM

125 posts, read 284,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
Extremism is the worst thing possible, in any religion or ideology, I hate extremist from any religion including Muslims,

The point is what is the percentage of extremist in each religion ,and why the media sometimes make the illusion that most Muslims are extremist?!, we are 1.5 billion, and extremists in other ideologies killed millions across history, our history is being lied upon by Christians and Jews extremists, well, I don't actually care

Prophet Muhammad did not force a single person to Islam, cause by this he will be in contradiction with the exact verses from the holy Quran

256. Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things. (Holy Quran Chapter 2, verse 256)

99. If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!
(Holy Quran Chapter 10, verse 99)

He clearly admitted to the citizenship of Jews in Medina, and gave them all their rights, and they admitted this, until they made top treason trying to kill all Muslims with the army of pagans in Khandaq Battelle including women and children, and tried to kill the prophet himself. He pardoned all Mekka pagans and didn't punish them although they fought him for more than 15 years and killed many Muslims, and nearly killed him.

8. God forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loveth those who are just. (Holy Quran Chapter 60, verse 8)

Throughout history, extremists in other ideologies tried to make the illusion that Muslims forced other to Islam, this is not true, and you can look on trustful history books on this

The thing that they take on Islam is the punishment of apostasy, that is an already Muslim leaves Islam by his will in an Islamic country, there are two Islamic main opinions in this, one is that he has three days of discussion with Muslim scholars, if he insists then the punishment is death provided that he is still in the Muslim country, and this punishment is only done by the court, No one has the right do this punishment by himself even if the law is not applying this punishment,

The other opinion, and that's the one i choose, that there is no punishment at all regarding personally leaving Islam, without trying to make disturbance and political conflicts in the Muslim country, the Mufti of Egypt also chooses this opinion by the way.

I admit that some Muslim extremists try to use the punishment of apostasy to brain wash some idiot youth, by depriving this opinion from its constrains I mentioned, I hate this, but how is their percentage?

In mosques, what I don't agree upon is the ignoring of some who tells the speech of the Friday prayer to the orders by the holy Quran and the prophet's traditions of kindness to people of other religions, they can't deny it of course, but they assume that it's there by default, they should stress on it in every speech, they unusually concentrate on kindness to other Muslims

Also what I don't agree upon is the prejudging that all non Muslims are going to hell for eternity, this is common in many Muslims including many scholars, although they admit to rule that they should be kind to everyone including non Muslims. They take the easy way and assume that all non Muslims are basically going to hell for eternity not trying to analyze the verses, and make the effort. Many Muslims ignore this issue and leave it to God.

Well, I made some effort regarding this, so this is my personal opinion:

//www.city-data.com/forum/6516740-post19.html

Any way the very most of Muslims are normal people, who want to live their life peacefully and treat others with kindness,

Regards,
mahmoud

Last edited by mahmoud mrt; 12-14-2009 at 10:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam