Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson
 [Register]
Jackson Includes Jackson, Madison, Canton, Clinton, Byram, Pearl, Brandon, Richland
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 01:25 PM

62 posts, read 146,002 times

Advertisements

Hello all,
I’m getting closer and closer to moving to Jackson for work. I’m probably going to be down there within the next week or two to see things first hard. Until then, I’m looking for opinions on apartments. Specifically, I’ve dialed into the King Edward Apartments downtown. This seems like the greatest value/convenience for a job downtown. I’d appreciate any info that I can gain on the area (location, what to do, how close to shopping, grocery, that part of Jackson in general, etc) or on the apartments themselves if anyone has any knowledge. Also, looking for anything comparable either downtown or in the surrounding areas, in close proximity of things to do (shopping, bars, entertainment, etc).
Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 02:56 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,392,525 times
The King Edward is a good place to start. On the same block, there is the Standard Life Flats which has a grocery/deli on the ground floor. You may also want to check out Electric 308, the Plaza Building, Tombigbee Lofts and Foundry Lofts - all are located in Downtown. If you're more of a house & yard person, then I suggest looking for a rental in either Fondren or Belhaven areas just north of Downtown.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:40 PM

62 posts, read 146,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
The King Edward is a good place to start. On the same block, there is the Standard Life Flats which has a grocery/deli on the ground floor. You may also want to check out Electric 308, the Plaza Building, Tombigbee Lofts and Foundry Lofts - all are located in Downtown. If you're more of a house & yard person, then I suggest looking for a rental in either Fondren or Belhaven areas just north of Downtown.
Thank you sir! Will check into all of the mentioned. Looking into prices on rental homes as well, but I think I'm kind of settling on an apartment so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Mississippi > Jackson